DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Battery Went to 92% within 50 minutes of normal use use is it normal?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by jpcalhoun View Post
    So, you're saying you got 2 1/2 days out of the phone before needing a charge, same usage pattern as now, same phone but on Gingerbread. I got this right?
    Well, just about. Depends how busy the office is. LOL.
    FoxKat likes this.
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by joshxdroid View Post

But you said it used to last 2 1/2 days (60 hours) I don't believe this unless it sits on standby. So the rest of what you say it's marginalized to me

Sent from my XT912 running some custom Rom.....I can't keep changing this sig
    Oh of course I didn't use the phone for 60 hours straight. The phone also sat on stand by.
    FoxKat likes this.
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    156 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    So now it's down to 48 hours before ics, and uses 60% throughout the work day with heavy use. I'm not trying to be rude, but your story keeps changing. All that matters is screen time. I would like to see that

4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    So now it's down to 48 hours before ics, and uses 60% throughout the work day with heavy use. I'm not trying to be rude, but your story keeps changing. All that matters is screen time. I would like to see that

Nah you're not being rude. I'll break down the days for you. This is when it was on GB.

Charge all night. Wake up in the morning. Turn on phone and it read "CHARGED".

Go to work and use it through out the day. 8 hour day at work. I use the phone mainly to surf the web and use Facebook. No movies or stuff like that. So maybe you don't consider that "Heavy use".

Leave the office and battery still standing strong. Get home and use it a bit more. Same, web and FB.

Before going to bed check the phone, no need to charge yet.

Second day, same routine.

Third day when I get home then the battery needed charge. But still had about 20%. Like I said maybe the usage is not the same as other people here.
    FoxKat likes this.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    156 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Like I said, I would have to see screen time. I could burn through a maxx battery in a day with my use. My og razr gets 3 1/2 to 4 hours screen time which I think it's decent. That usually gets me 11 to 14 hours. So a maxx getting 7 - 8 hours screen time would get me 22 - 28 hours. But if I was on it a lot, I could easily burn through 8 hours of screen time in one day if I wanted to.

6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    Like I said, I would have to see screen time. I could burn through a maxx battery in a day with my use. My og razr gets 3 1/2 to 4 hours screen time which I think it's decent. That usually gets me 11 to 14 hours. So a maxx getting 7 - 8 hours screen time would get me 22 - 28 hours. But if I was on it a lot, I could easily burn through 8 hours of screen time in one day if I wanted to.

Good point. I see what you're saying. What do you want me to post? A pic of what? Maybe I'm running something that's burning my battery faster.
    FoxKat likes this.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    156 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    When you get down 25% or less without charges. Go into settings, battery. Snap a screen shot. Then tap on screen and snap a screen shot of the time. Then at that point I'd have a good idea if further steps are required

FoxKat likes this.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    When you get down 25% or less without charges. Go into settings, battery. Snap a screen shot. Then tap on screen and snap a screen shot of the time. Then at that point I'd have a good idea if further steps are required

Sounds good. I'll do it tonight
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Razor Max
    Thanks for all your input. So you are saying my battery is behaving normal. But if i used it constantly BROWSING, FACEBOOK, GPLAY its 80% - 75% within an hour.
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    156 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by wasqur View Post
    Thanks for all your input. So you are saying my battery is behaving normal. But if i used it constantly BROWSING, FACEBOOK, GPLAY its 80% - 75% within an hour.
    A lot of people confuse talk time with any type of use, but the fact is, browsing uses a lot more. One big reason is the screen. The single greatest drain on your battery is the screen. That's why turning the brightness and display sleep time down can make a huge difference. Yeah if I was constantly browsing for a straight hour, I would probably burn 25 - 30% of my total battery on my og RAZR.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Links