DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Now that FoxFI is gimped, what is the next best no-root WIFI tether app?

  1. Junior Droid
    Joe Droid's Avatar
    Member #
    110981
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    20
    Phone
    Droid 2
    #21
    Quote Originally Posted by GotnFX View Post
    If I had to guess either a) you have hotspot for Verizon already on your account or b) expect a $30 charge on your next bill..either way you may want to find out. If you don't, they'll keep charging you that extra $30 a month since this maybe the first time you activated it.
    X2. I found that out the hard way. If you have unlimited, it doesn't include the factory installed hotspot.
  2. Droid Newbie
    lathe2nd's Avatar
    Member #
    342485
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3
    Phone
    Motorola Razr Maxx
    #22

    Smile Foxfi is now working on Jellybean for unlimited users!

    Hey, after recently updating to jellybean and losing my free hot spot I came close to deleting Foxfi and paying verizon $30.00 a month again. (I am grandfathered in with unlimited and they charge 30 because of that) I am glad I left the app installed, because this morning it auto updated. It required the installation of a security certificate and now works perfect with jellybean!
  3. Droid
    biggdave92's Avatar
    Member #
    249842
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    80
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    S4
    #23
    Lathe, what version foxfi do you have? I have 4.12.1

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  4. Droid Newbie
    revbradl's Avatar
    Member #
    179239
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Meridian, Idaho
    Posts
    4
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    @revbradl
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    #24
    Quote Originally Posted by lathe2nd View Post
    Hey, after recently updating to jellybean and losing my free hot spot I came close to deleting Foxfi and paying verizon $30.00 a month again. (I am grandfathered in with unlimited and they charge 30 because of that) I am glad I left the app installed, because this morning it auto updated. It required the installation of a security certificate and now works perfect with jellybean!
    I'm also a FoxFi user - on Verizon with unlimited data (Droid Razr Maxx [un-rooted]). Yesterday's update also fixed it (WiFi Tethering) for me! I'm on FoxFi version 2.12.2 (with FoxFi Key installed). Happy days are here again!
  5. Droid Ninja
    SallyC's Avatar
    Member #
    238799
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,212
    Liked
    259 times
    Phone
    Verizon Galaxy S4
    #25
    Quote Originally Posted by revbradl View Post
    I'm also a FoxFi user - on Verizon with unlimited data (Droid Razr Maxx [un-rooted]). Yesterday's update also fixed it (WiFi Tethering) for me! I'm on FoxFi version 2.12.2 (with FoxFi Key installed). Happy days are here again!
    I posted this elsewhere, but fyi, according to PdaNet+ description on Play, "Currently PdaNet+ is a free upgrade from both PdaNet and FoxFi so please replace your existing PdaNet or FoxFi with PdaNet+. All future updates will go into PdaNet+ only." So it sounds like in the future you would want PdaNet+ installed if you don't already.
    CJM likes this.
  6. Senior Droid
    TheDroidURLookinFor's Avatar
    Member #
    152310
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    127
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Razr MAXX, Droid 1(retired)
    #26
    Quote Originally Posted by SallyC View Post
    I posted this elsewhere, but fyi, according to PdaNet+ description on Play, "Currently PdaNet+ is a free upgrade from both PdaNet and FoxFi so please replace your existing PdaNet or FoxFi with PdaNet+. All future updates will go into PdaNet+ only." So it sounds like in the future you would want PdaNet+ installed if you don't already.
    PdaNet has it all messed up cuz if you go to the PdaNet+ in the play store it tells me directly from the play store to install FoxFi 2.12 for the latest updates cuz PdaNet+ is 2.10 version. Now I am reading that they are bundling the two together. This is getting way more complicated than it needs to be.
  7. Droid Ninja
    SallyC's Avatar
    Member #
    238799
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,212
    Liked
    259 times
    Phone
    Verizon Galaxy S4
    #27
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDroidURLookinFor View Post
    PdaNet has it all messed up cuz if you go to the PdaNet+ in the play store it tells me directly from the play store to install FoxFi 2.12 for the latest updates cuz PdaNet+ is 2.10 version. Now I am reading that they are bundling the two together. This is getting way more complicated than it needs to be.
    I totally agree it's more complicated than it needs to be. I wish they would put some "transition instructions" on their site. I see people happy FoxFi is working and, if I understand their blurb on Play correctly, these folks are going to be disappointed down the line when upgrades are not forthcoming. If Pdanet+ is their path forward, and it's a free upgrade now, I wish they'd have it on their website (unless I've missed it) or as a pop up when you open up FoxFi on your phone.

    I think it's also not the clearest what each app does and which you need for what. But maybe it's just me - I'd never used PdaNet before, just FoxFi.

    FoxFi updated on my phone yesterday - which is how I even got alerted that maybe something had happened and I'd get my wifi hotspot back. I'm not even sure anymore how I realized PdaNet was part of the equation and I should download PdaNet+.
  8. Senior Droid
    TheDroidURLookinFor's Avatar
    Member #
    152310
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    127
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Razr MAXX, Droid 1(retired)
    #28
    Quote Originally Posted by SallyC View Post
    I totally agree it's more complicated than it needs to be. I wish they would put some "transition instructions" on their site. I see people happy FoxFi is working and, if I understand their blurb on Play correctly, these folks are going to be disappointed down the line when upgrades are not forthcoming. If Pdanet+ is their path forward, and it's a free upgrade now, I wish they'd have it on their website (unless I've missed it) or as a pop up when you open up FoxFi on your phone.

    I think it's also not the clearest what each app does and which you need for what. But maybe it's just me - I'd never used PdaNet before, just FoxFi.

    FoxFi updated on my phone yesterday - which is how I even got alerted that maybe something had happened and I'd get my wifi hotspot back. I'm not even sure anymore how I realized PdaNet was part of the equation and I should download PdaNet+.
    Yeah I really think they should have stopped using both former app names so interchangeably and named the new app something different entirely.

    Now I never used PdaNet either but it is my understanding that PdaNet is the app that is used for USB and bluetooth tethering and FoxFi used for the wifi tethering. They both if I am not mistaken don't require root. That is about as far as my understanding goes. lol

    Don't even ask me how PdaNet and FoxFi got all entangled with each other. I am guessing one bought the other but I couldn't tell you which did what. lol
  9. Droid
    parkschr's Avatar
    Member #
    69274
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    68
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    #29
    Can anyone help me get the foxfi hotspot to work on my razr maxx? I paid for the app and have Jelly Bean. Use to work before Jelly Bean.

    Installed the certificate, created the pattern lock, renamed the network name, and changed password

    I get the following message on my Droid Razr Maxx:

    Fail to activate hotspot. Fail to enable hotspot. Your phone is not yet supported by foxfi
  10. Droid Newbie
    lathe2nd's Avatar
    Member #
    342485
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3
    Phone
    Motorola Razr Maxx
    #30
    Quote Originally Posted by biggdave92 View Post
    Lathe, what version foxfi do you have? I have 4.12.1

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    using 4.1.2
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 46
    Last Post: 06-07-2012, 04:36 PM
  2. Need WiFi tether but can't root
    By RichStevenson in forum Motorola Droid Bionic
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-28-2012, 10:30 PM
  3. Tether capability with android-wifi-tether (Wireless Tether for Root Users)
    By webacoustics in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 458
    Last Post: 06-29-2011, 04:37 PM
  4. 2.1 Root, for Wifi tether ?
    By bobmundo123 in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-30-2010, 03:46 AM
  5. So do we just need root for wifi tether now?
    By evilgreg in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-22-2010, 09:54 AM

Search tags for this page

app like foxfi
,

apps like foxfi

,
apps similar to foxfi
,
best wifi tether app for android
,

foxfi

,
foxfi app
,
foxfi data limit
,
foxfi hack
,
foxfi usage limit
,
what is foxfi
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+