DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TisMyDroid

Thread: lagging

  1. Master Droid
    cybertj.2000's Avatar
    Member #
    268434
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Camby, IN
    Posts
    301
    Liked
    22 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    #1

    lagging

    Ok, for the last few days my phone has had several periods of lagging and becomes non responsive. Was there some sort of update that caused this?? I have not installed any new apps in over 2 weeks!!!
    Droid Razr Maxx



    We are the Droid, Resistance is Futile
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Droid Ninja
    jpcalhoun's Avatar
    Member #
    148338
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,570
    Liked
    183 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4 Dev Edition
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by cybertj.2000 View Post
    Ok, for the last few days my phone has had several periods of lagging and becomes non responsive. Was there some sort of update that caused this?? I have not installed any new apps in over 2 weeks!!!
    There has been no update for the Razr Maxx since the update to ICS. To identify the possible cause I recommend first determine what apps you have running (menu>settings>apps>running programs). You may find an app or two, particularly a 3rd Party app that you have downloaded and installed, running and eating resources that have no reason to be running. Many apps start at startup and continue to run in the background but are not needed or desired. A number of the "bloatware" apps that came with your phone (particularly the Verizon branded apps) are notorious for that. Most of those apps can be disabled and some can be uninstalled. For instance, NFL can be disabled...you can't uninstall it without root, but you can disable it (by the way, never uninstall an app that requires root to uninstall, that will cause you problems when it is time for an official OTA update). You have a couple of options...figure out what is running on your system that you do not need or want and disable them or delete them. You can download an app that will tell you what apps are using resources. There are a number of them in play store, Watchdog is a good one. Or, you can do a factory reset, then do another factory reset, disable the apps that you don't use then begin installing your third party apps one or two at a time. Monitor your phone for an hour or two and see if the lagging persist. Continue to add your apps until the phone starts to lag again...chances are the last one or two apps you installed is the problem. One last thing, it really does help to power off your phone every day or two, charge it with power off, then restart. The Motorola manual recommends it.
  4. Senior Droid
    mauiblue's Avatar
    Member #
    93895
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    102
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    #3

    Re: lagging

    I had the same problem with phone lag. I had so much running on my phone. I decided to do a factory reset and reinstall only what was necessary and what apps I really used. Now my phone is running like brand new.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  5. Droid Ninja
    jpcalhoun's Avatar
    Member #
    148338
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,570
    Liked
    183 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4 Dev Edition
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by mauiblue View Post
    I had the same problem with phone lag. I had so much running on my phone. I decided to do a factory reset and reinstall only what was necessary and what apps I really used. Now my phone is running like brand new.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Yeah, that most often is the solution to a lagging phone. But, some folks rather troubleshoot for a while before taking the plunge.
  6. Senior Droid
    mauiblue's Avatar
    Member #
    93895
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    102
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    #5

    Re: lagging

    Quote Originally Posted by jpcalhoun View Post
    Yeah, that most often is the solution to a lagging phone. But, some folks rather troubleshoot for a while before taking the plunge.
    And some rather cut to the chase and resolve the issue quickly without any fanfare.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by mauiblue; 11-28-2012 at 02:34 PM.
  7. Droid Ninja
    jpcalhoun's Avatar
    Member #
    148338
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,570
    Liked
    183 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4 Dev Edition
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by mauiblue View Post
    And some rather cut to the chase and resolve the issue quickly without any fanfare.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    That would be me
  8. Rescue Squad
    TisMyDroid's Avatar
    Member #
    171269
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    4,462
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by jpcalhoun
    That would be me
    I second that. It is a sure fire way to fix what's ailing your phone. I figure I can take days trying to resolve what might be the problem with no success or minimal success or I can do an fdr, guaranteed success and only spend a few hours getting it set back up again. Of course there are some problems where the solution is easy and known but when it's a mystery, fdr is the best solution.
    jpcalhoun likes this.
  9. Droid Ninja
    jpcalhoun's Avatar
    Member #
    148338
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,570
    Liked
    183 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4 Dev Edition
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by TisMyDroid View Post
    I second that. It is a sure fire way to fix what's ailing your phone. I figure I can take days trying to resolve what might be the problem with no success or minimal success or I can do an fdr, guaranteed success and only spend a few hours getting it set back up again. Of course there are some problems where the solution is easy and known but when it's a mystery, fdr is the best solution.
    Amen TisMyDroid
  10. Rescue Squad
    TisMyDroid's Avatar
    Member #
    171269
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    4,462
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    #9
    Lol jp! You got my vote too!

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Lgb lagging
    By simpsonao17 in forum Liberty ROM DX
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-24-2011, 07:38 PM
  2. X lagging
    By droidXpert17 in forum Droid X General Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-31-2010, 05:13 AM
  3. Lagging
    By DHood in forum UltimateDroid
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-22-2010, 01:45 AM
  4. Lagging
    By lweisman in forum Droid X Tech Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-12-2010, 07:02 PM
  5. Lagging
    By alboboy10 in forum Droid X General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-14-2010, 07:46 AM

Search tags for this page

cybertj 2000

,

droid dna lagging

,

droid razr lagging

,

droid razr maxx lag

,

droid razr maxx lagging

,
why is my android dna lagging
,
why is my android system lagging now
,

why is my droid lagging

,

why is my droid razr lagging

,
why s my driod razr maxx lagging
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+