DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Moto Droid RAZR MAXX root/unroot

1. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    412 times
    Twitter
    GoCliffGo
    Phone
    DE Moto X, RAZR HD Dev, N7, X2
    Premium Member

Re: Moto Droid RAZR MAXX root/unroot

Doesn't need to be 100% but it should be at LEAST 70-80%. If it dies during the process then you will have a whole new set of headaches.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    TisMyDroid and SscoootzZ like this.

"She leans into me and I keep my arms around her. I don't fool myself that I hold her together -- She does that on her own -- But holding her keeps me from flying apart."
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    What I would love to know is how to root my Droid RAZR Maxx with 912 without having to use a computer lol
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    razr maxx
    I have the same phone from the same provider . I really just want to root so I can take advantage of the apps that require root. Mainly avast's root only features . Surely there is a safe way to get it done
    I am also interested in taking the JB ota if possible . So... if ONLY zergrush would work . I have used it many times on my X and other people's X. I wonder if time will fix our problem? Will maybe, just stepping back and giving it some time give these smart folks time to come up with a SAFE way to root AND unroot this phone?

I can't believe Bluegrass Cellular is giving developers such a problem
    I don't understand why Motorola has to come out with 50 different variants of the same device either . I mean come on... I knew when Google got their hands on Motor it was downhill from there . Motorola used to be the best equipment out.
    . Period . Now Moto will be just like the rest . I don't like the Maxx really but I HATE a phone that has to b charged as much as it is used . When I turned it on I felt like I had a Samsung in my hands . Power button on top right and the same start screen... not to mention the feel...
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    razr maxx
    Well, I guess us XT908 owners running ICS from Blueass Cell are screwed as usual. It's 5am here and I am not @ 100% yet but after reading the thread again I don't see where anyone mentioned these are CDMA devices. I just wonder if this is where our problems stem from. I, have only had this phone for about a week but it seems to be MUCH less buggy than a lot of the others. I have never been able to install custom ROMS as Blueass has NO sbf files and this poor old country boy can't take the chance of destroying something as costly as today's dumbphones are. I , really miss the apps I used to be able to use on my rooted X. Actually, I miss my X. With a 3500mah battery it (running Gingerbread) was a great phone. I had problems with the physical buttons going south but it was nothing Button Savior couldn't handle. I see myself going back to it sooner or later. Also I never ever had a problem rooting it. There weren't near as many variations of it. I always used Zergrush to root / unroot. There never has nor ever will b anything more simple. I would still be using it today had my son not decided I needed a Maxx. I am amazed at how many things are problematic with these Maxxes. I mean I have been reading about them daily and as a whole, every feature is giving someone problems on one or more of the various Razr Maxx models. I can honestly say my Bluegrass Cellular phone is one of the least problematic ones. I hope
    I can keep JB from installing on mine. Was basically the same with the X when Bluegrass upgraded to Gingerbread OTA. I didn't want it. It installed whether I wanted it to or not and luckily worked flawlessly. I used to not like having to use Bluegrass but as a whole they are much more solid than most of the others.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Razr Max XT908 Help Me Root!!
    Quote Originally Posted by glsmaxx View Post
    Well, I guess us XT908 owners running ICS from Blueass Cell are screwed as usual. It's 5am here and I am not @ 100% yet but after reading the thread again I don't see where anyone mentioned these are CDMA devices. I just wonder if this is where our problems stem from. I, have only had this phone for about a week but it seems to be MUCH less buggy than a lot of the others. I have never been able to install custom ROMS as Blueass has NO sbf files and this poor old country boy can't take the chance of destroying something as costly as today's dumbphones are. I , really miss the apps I used to be able to use on my rooted X. Actually, I miss my X. With a 3500mah battery it (running Gingerbread) was a great phone. I had problems with the physical buttons going south but it was nothing Button Savior couldn't handle. I see myself going back to it sooner or later. Also I never ever had a problem rooting it. There weren't near as many variations of it. I always used Zergrush to root / unroot. There never has nor ever will b anything more simple. I would still be using it today had my son not decided I needed a Maxx. I am amazed at how many things are problematic with these Maxxes. I mean I have been reading about them daily and as a whole, every feature is giving someone problems on one or more of the various Razr Maxx models. I can honestly say my Bluegrass Cellular phone is one of the least problematic ones. I hope
    I can keep JB from installing on mine. Was basically the same with the X when Bluegrass upgraded to Gingerbread OTA. I didn't want it. It installed whether I wanted it to or not and luckily worked flawlessly. I used to not like having to use Bluegrass but as a whole they are much more solid than most of the others.
    You can find lots of help over at this site... check the first 2 stickies. Droid RAZR MAXX - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

I rooted my XT908 using Matt's Utility version 1.82. I am on Ntelos, not Bluegrass. The thread I linked has some GREAT stuff listed for ALLTEL phones, which DO work on my XT908 under Ntelos. We have rooted our XT908s, installed SafeStrap 3.11, flashed and patched ROMS, and with the help of kexec builds, even have custom JB roms running on our non-verizon CDMA XT908s, WITHOUT any OTA JB upgrades. No bull, it's working great.

Hopefully you will find some stuff that will work for you.

Good luck!

Bob
    Last edited by Chairwolf; 04-10-2013 at 08:23 AM.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    razr maxx
    I just wanted to root. Being a Blueass customer who has NO sbf files I would not feel comfortable flashing ROMs and stuff. I just want root. I will go check it out though.

Thanks.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links