DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaack!

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    93 times
    Phone
    Razr MAXX

Re: I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaack!

Return of the MAXX!

Return of the Android
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Twitter
    @vance1980
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    This seems to be a natural occurring thing these days. I will never give up this phone! Well in a few months for the maxx hd
  3. Droid Jedi
    Member #
    Liked
    269 times
    Phone
    droid MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by huff825
    The MAXX is still a force to be reckoned with almost a year after introduction, long live the MAXX!, cause I need to keep my unlimited plan.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2
    I'll second that
  4. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan1600 View Post
    I've had my S3 for about a month now. The 4G signal was an issue at work inside my building. A new leaked radio came out a few days ago and I can nowreport that I never lose data and get consistent 4G coverage at work inside the building, just as well or even better than my old Thunderbolt did.
    I second this. Though I never had any problems on the ICS radios either - signal was as good as my previous devices... which includes the Maxx, M, Maxx HD.

Don't get me wrong, the original Maxx is an awesome awesome phone. But I think the signal "issues" on the S3 are blown way out of proportion, and are being heavily influenced by "tradition" - i.e. Samsung's radios suck, I have an S3 that dropped 4G a couple of times... BAM, just another crappy Samsung radio. Get a few of those on the forums and tech blogs, and it feeds right back into that "tradition", which further balloons the problem. Meanwhile, the other 29.9 million S3 users are perfectly happy with their phones

edit: I'm also not saying that the S3 hasn't had any signal issues, just FWIW
    Last edited by jntdroid; 11-12-2012 at 09:56 PM.
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by jntdroid

I second this. Though I never had any problems on the ICS radios either - signal was as good as my previous devices... which includes the Maxx, M, Maxx HD.

Don't get me wrong, the original Maxx is an awesome awesome phone. But I think the signal "issues" on the S3 are blown way out of proportion, and are being heavily influenced by "tradition" - i.e. Samsung's radios suck, I have an S3 that dropped 4G a couple of times... BAM, just another crappy Samsung radio. Get a few of those on the forums and tech blogs, and it feeds right back into that "tradition", which further balloons the problem. Meanwhile, the other 29.9 million S3 users are perfectly happy with their phones

edit: I'm also not saying that the S3 hasn't had any signal issues, just FWIW
    I totally agree. I've had my S3 for a little over a month and I don't have any problems with data loss are dropped phone calls. In fact it holds data better then the razr I upgraded from.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    244 times
    Phone
    Maxx, Maxx HD, Razr Maxx
    It wasn't so much the data connection that was the problem for me, it was actual signal quality. I have a home business along with selling phones at Costco, so I need to reception that Motorola gives me. My house is a dead zone on every carrier and just about every brand of phone. I've personally had Nokia, Blackberry, HTC, and now Motorola and they've all had problems, but Samsung was the worst for signal quality. I've had AT&T, T-Mobile, and now Verizon, and my mom has Sprint. Experienced the same thing on each carrier. I thought I could get over the lack of signal but in the end, it's a phone first and foremost, and if I cannot make a call in my own home/place of business, then what is the point of keeping said phone?
    jntdroid likes this.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    DROID RAZR MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiescivic
    It wasn't so much the data connection that was the problem for me, it was actual signal quality. I have a home business along with selling phones at Costco, so I need to reception that Motorola gives me. My house is a dead zone on every carrier and just about every brand of phone. I've personally had Nokia, Blackberry, HTC, and now Motorola and they've all had problems, but Samsung was the worst for signal quality. I've had AT&T, T-Mobile, and now Verizon, and my mom has Sprint. Experienced the same thing on each carrier. I thought I could get over the lack of signal but in the end, it's a phone first and foremost, and if I cannot make a call in my own home/place of business, then what is the point of keeping said phone?
    Good point.
    EVERYTHInG ThAt HAS A BEGINniNG HAS an END...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Links