DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: New to maxx battery ?

Member #
    Phone
    iphone 4s

New to maxx battery ?

Iam just curious if I need to adjust anything to conserve battery life like I did in the past? I am coming over from IPHONE and been out of the loop. I had take my phone off the charger at 5:15AM and had light use and now at 12:40PM, I have 67 battery. I am not sure what the standard is, but it seems a little low for the other high praise for battery life. Thanks guys.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by revolution5150 View Post
    Iam just curious if I need to adjust anything to conserve battery life like I did in the past? I am coming over from IPHONE and been out of the loop. I had take my phone off the charger at 5:15AM and had light use and now at 12:40PM, I have 67 battery. I am not sure what the standard is, but it seems a little low for the other high praise for battery life. Thanks guys.
    1.)Screen brightness = 25%
    2. Screen timeout= 30 sec.
    3. Smart Actions- Nighttime battery saver(and or juice defender)
    4. Settings-More...-Wireless & networks-mobile networks-network mode- set to LTE/CDMA
    5. Turn off WiFi unless you are always on it.
    6. Use 3G if you are in a weak 4G area. Get the LTE OnOff app.
    These are just a few suggestions I've been using. I'm sure other members will have more options also.
    TisMyDroid likes this.
    Improving my RAZR MAXX one thread at a time.

Aaron

"A George divided against himself, cannot stand!
    !
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    91 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    At your next chance, turn the phone off (you can turn it off at any charge level). Charge it with power off until you reach 100% (tap the volume rocker to check.....should be about 4-5 hours if the phone was at about 15%). Turn it on again and use it normally until you reach the "low battery" warning (approx 10%). Turn it off again and recharge to 100% again with power off. This will set the high and low battery flags on the meter; thus, calibrating the meter to your battery. Kinda like resetting your car's fuel gauge to accurately read the fuel level in the tank.
    Do this about every 2-3 months.
    Now, about the 3g/4g thing...4g is a known battery sucker. If you need 4g keep it. I rarely need to download something while away from my wifi so I have 4g off. Wifi uses less battery than 3g and is faster than 4g (at least mine is).
    Turning 4g off is easy. Download lte on/off from the play store. I know it's listed for another phone....don't worry about that. Open the app and scroll down to "set preferred network type". At the right corner underneath it you will see a small gray triangle, tap it. Select LTE/CDMA/EVDO for 4g, or CDMA/autoPRL for 3g. Tap the back button until you are out of there.
    It should stay on 3g even with a restart. BUT....I noticed that this is app-dependent. Some apps make it revert back to the default 4g on restart. If this is the case then reapply the switch. Sound complicated....but it's not really.
    Another thing that you can do to extend battery life is to apply the 215 leak over ics. This leak is real Motorola software and perfectly safe. It's the latest "patch" for the ice cream sandwich upgrade. It extends battery life.
    I'll post the link on a terrific thread that will walk you through it.

All credit for the battery meter calibration info goes to FoxKat. The 215 leak info comes from MattyP.
    TisMyDroid likes this.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    91 times
    Phone
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...classroom.html

Here's the link to the 215 leak.
    Please remember to do a factory reset post applying it (recommended).
    Lastly....please be advised that iPhone withdrawal is a temporary condition easily alleviated by playing with your new RAZR.
    TisMyDroid likes this.
    Member #
    Phone
    iphone 4s
    Thanks for the helpful info.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by bruben7886
    At your next chance, turn the phone off (you can turn it off at any charge level). Charge it with power off until you reach 100% (tap the volume rocker to check.....should be about 4-5 hours if the phone was at about 15%). Turn it on again and use it normally until you reach the "low battery" warning (approx 10%). Turn it off again and recharge to 100% again with power off. This will set the high and low battery flags on the meter; thus, calibrating the meter to your battery. Kinda like resetting your car's fuel gauge to accurately read the fuel level in the tank.
    Do this about every 2-3 months.
    Now, about the 3g/4g thing...4g is a known battery sucker. If you need 4g keep it. I rarely need to download something while away from my wifi so I have 4g off. Wifi uses less battery than 3g and is faster than 4g (at least mine is).
    Turning 4g off is easy. Download lte on/off from the play store. I know it's listed for another phone....don't worry about that. Open the app and scroll down to "set preferred network type". At the right corner underneath it you will see a small gray triangle, tap it. Select LTE/CDMA/EVDO for 4g, or CDMA/autoPRL for 3g. Tap the back button until you are out of there.
    It should stay on 3g even with a restart. BUT....I noticed that this is app-dependent. Some apps make it revert back to the default 4g on restart. If this is the case then reapply the switch. Sound complicated....but it's not really.
    Another thing that you can do to extend battery life is to apply the 215 leak over ics. This leak is real Motorola software and perfectly safe. It's the latest "patch" for the ice cream sandwich upgrade. It extends battery life.
    I'll post the link on a terrific thread that will walk you through it.

All credit for the battery meter calibration info goes to FoxKat. The 215 leak info comes from MattyP.
    Forgive me in advance if I am incorrect but if my memory serves me, one important part of the above mentioned charging method calls for the part where turning the phone back on to be done while still connected to the charger. And allowing to the phone to fully boot before unplugging it.
    Last edited by Miklb58; 10-05-2012 at 03:24 PM.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    91 times
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by Miklb58

Forgive me in advance if I am incorrect but if my memory serves me, one important part of the above mentioned charging method calls for the part where turning the phone back on to be done while still connected to the charger. And allowing to the phone to fully boot before unplugging it.
    No need to apologize, only one way to learn from each other is to ask.....and I'm gonna ask....FOXKAT....CALLING FOXKAT!
    Seriously, this is the first I hear about what you mentioned. Can you point me in the direction of where you saw this info?. We have a great battery sub forum here. That's where I get my info from. Thanks in advance!
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by bruben7886

No need to apologize, only one way to learn from each other is to ask.....and I'm gonna ask....FOXKAT....CALLING FOXKAT!
    Seriously, this is the first I hear about what you mentioned. Can you point me in the direction of where you saw this info?. We have a great battery sub forum here. That's where I get my info from. Thanks in advance!
    I would have to search for it, and it would have been here in the Droid Razr Maxx forum, but I'm pretty confident it was in the battery thread a couple +/- months back, shortly after the ics update, that had many many pages.
    I just remember when I read it I thought that it made total sense since the boot process may drain the battery slightly, before the meter has had the chance to measure it at it's highest voltage.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    91 times
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by Miklb58
    I would have to search for it, and it would have been here in the Droid Razr Maxx forum, but I'm pretty confident it was in the battery thread a couple +/- months back, shortly after the ics update, that had many many pages.
    I just remember when I read it I thought that it made total sense since the boot process may drain the battery slightly, before the meter has had the chance to measure it at it's highest voltage.
    Hmmmm.... makes sense.
  10. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    I actually do wait for the phone to boot up before unplugging just because I want to start at a full 100% but not sure if it is recommended or not. My experience doing it has been positive though. Great tips and advice bruben & Aarong. The things they suggested should give you great battery life. I also used the Smart Actions battery extender which turns off your data, wifi and sync when you're not using your phone and immediately turns it back on when you unlock your screen.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links