DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Still happy with your Maxx?

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Still happy with the Razr Maxx but wish they would get the fix out for the ICS update. Phone is laggy at times. Phone used to last more than a day but now lasts just the day.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    RAZR MAXX
    Was kind of disappointed when I realized background data on/off was no longer there. I was expecting great 4g LTE but was dismayed that it wasn't as I expected. I realized the 21 hours talk time and movie watching was done on 3G as far as I understand lol. After a few days with the Phone going from my bionic with extended battery the Max is still growing on me. When I saw how laggy ICS was on the Maxx I was glad my bionic was still on gingerbread lol. But I bought this Max used and sold my bionic on eBay.

After realizing how big the transition was from GB to ICS its understandable why4G would burn the battery quicker. I'm still growing on this phone. Time will tell. Hopefully the fix will have me enjoy this phone more. I'm going to miss my bionic and the reliability of GB
  3. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Lk1730, make sure your phone data is not set to global but set to LTE/CDMA...it will make a huge difference on battery and signal. Go to settings --->more... (under data usage) ---> mobile networks ---> network mode ---> select LTE/CDMA.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    RAZR MAXX
    Have done though. Oddly enough it seems my bionic on extended battery got more juice than my Max on LTE even with background restecitoon. But then again GB to ICS was a huge step.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    117 times
    Phone
    MaxxHD
    Love mine...no issues
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Love mine. So Glad I waited to get it after the Regular Razr cam out.
    Improving my RAZR MAXX one thread at a time.

Aaron

"A George divided against himself, cannot stand!
    !
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    RAZR MAXX
    Here's a question what's the most you've gotten out of 3g and 4g none stop internet browsing? I'm on 3g so far I'm near 30-50 heading towards three hours.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    razr maxx
    I think it is safe to say this is the last Motorola phone for me. Droid 2 - crap, Droid X2- garbage. Droid Razr Maxx- I got it for battery life; Unfortunately that is the only impressive thing about this phone.
    Last edited by ndtaylor77; 10-04-2012 at 03:24 PM.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    117 times
    Phone
    MaxxHD
    Quote Originally Posted by ndtaylor77
    I think it is safe to say this is the last Motorola phone for me. Droid 2 - crap, Droid X2- garbage. Droid Razr Maxx- I got it for battery life; Unfortunately that is the only impressive thing about this phone.
    What exactly are you disappointed in?
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    DROID RAZR MAXX
    Haven't been in the forums for a little while but glad I came to see this thread.

Yes I still love my MAXX, mainly thanks to the battery life. I prefer GB though because of the size of the on screen tap buttons. ICS does seem slower, too but it's not to the point to where it's a big deal for me.

Two apps I'm going to install thanks to this thread are: GPS Doctor and Camera ICS. Haven't heard of those. Have had issues with my GPS being a little bit slow and I'm not too thrilled with my camera. I shall see how things change. Also found an app to boost signal strength that I installed, called Network Signal Speed Booster. There's a paid, ad-free version, as well.

At this point, I REALLY can't see any reason to upgrade. At least, not until maybe Microsoft releases Windows Phone 9 (a couple years down the road) and we get a better idea of where this cloud computing idea is going.

My other gripe is the crap quality of the Motorola car dock/rapid charger. It shorts out and I know I'm not the only user on this board with that problem.

Edit: I'm not a fan of the keyboard, but it's still better than what I upgraded from. I have big hands, I had a smaller screen even before the MAXX. Wish I could've held out for something that has a battery as good as the MAXX's and the size of the Omnia's (the Omnia II according to reports is coming to VZW, whereas the Omnia I was only on AT&T). Voice recognition works really well, though for me.
    Last edited by JOSHSKORN; 10-05-2012 at 06:52 PM.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Links