DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Still happy with your Maxx?

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    I have never done a factory restore on this phone. Will it mess anything up? If not, how do I do it?
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Twitter
    bl8demast3r
    Phone
    DROID RAZR MAXX
    My phone is getting very laggy and annoying the problem I have with a factory reset is I'll lose my save game data on my games...
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    131 times
    Phone
    Droid Maxx
    I'm still very happy with Mr. Maxx. Mine is not laggy at all, takes adequate pictures (with Camera ICS - Matty's right), and the battery life is AWESOME! I would challenge anyone to find me a better phone out there right now since for me the battery life makes up for any other shortcomings. Others will disagree, and that's OK. To each his own.

I do think the LG Optimus G looks way sweet, but I think the battery life will be mediocre at best, and LG support for updates has been bad in the past. Maybe they will step up with this one. Did I day that the Optimus looks really cool. I hope the phone's function matches it's looks, especially if it ends up being a nexus phone. If it does, I may be tempted. I still think they should have called it the Optimus Prime...who could refuse that??
  4. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnrenae
    I have never done a factory restore on this phone. Will it mess anything up? If not, how do I do it?
    Dawnrenae, go to this thread for some ideas about doing a factory data reset and ideas backing up and restoring before doing your fdr:

Getting the most success upgrading to ICS from GB
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    @TismyDROID

Of course I just saw this post, after I lost EVERYTHING... Grrrrrrr...

But, thanks for your help.
  6. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnrenae
    @TismyDROID

Of course I just saw this post, after I lost EVERYTHING... Grrrrrrr...

But, thanks for your help.
    Oh gee, so sorry. I hope no pics were lost. Everything else is recoverable but just takes time. It is almost always worth it though because your phone will work like new.
  7. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    338 times
    Twitter
    garemlin
    Phone
    LG G2 - Nexus 7 v2
    Premium Member
    Perfectly happy with mine after 8 months. Did an FDR after ICS and it cured all of the little bugs and bad battery life. The camera, for what it is, is fine. I personally don't rely on any of my phones to take important pics. But for spur of the moment, candid fun shots it works just fine.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Just did my fdr yesterday! Just got my apps back!!!
    Now gonna set up my bluetooth, and we shall see how all goes.

I must say though, I have been through DROIDs left and right. Maxx is the best I have EVER had!
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Nope, not happy at all. I have bought two new routers, gone through two "refurbished" phones and still have wifi connection problems and gps problems. Hate the fact that every time i try to use gps, it takes 2 minutes to locate the satellite (already tried gps dr.). Also, can't get wifi to ever transmit data reliably (will constantly stop transmitting data while a website or app is loading. Happens with multiple wifi locations...not just my home). Think it's ridiculous that i have to install a "leaked" version of something (.215) or an app to try and fix issues. "Official" updates seems to be few and far between.
    I have posted for help on these issues numerous times and although i appreciate all the suggestions and support, I'm finally DONE with this phone. It's frustrating to sit around the house and watch my son surf the internet at blazing speeds (with a stock browser), pull up his gps and have it instantly start working...all this on his new iPhone 5. Not too mention the pure simplicity of it's user friendly iOS.

I know a lot of you are going to hate hearing this, but I'm making the switch to iPhone 5 (should be here in a couple weeks). I've been a faithful Android supporter since it's inception, now I'm just tired of dealing with all the little quirks (so tired, that i payed full retail for a 32gb). I understand that iPhone is not without it's issues too, however, I'm completely frustrated with this Maxx and I'm willing to give the iPhone a try. I've played with my son's phone numerous times and I'm quite impressed with it in all aspects. I will be keeping my Maxx though...just in case.

And please don't remind me of the battery. The battery life in the Maxx is simply amazing, and i know the iPhone will not compare with the Maxx. However, I'm retired, so I'm home most of the time and don't have a problem plugging it in or using a car charger while I'm in my car.

I will miss this forum though. I have routinely visited this site daily, just to read all the input from it's very friendly and knowledgeable users. Big thanks to all of you guys (and girls) for all your help
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    barkleyfan
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    I'm happy with mine for the most part. Battery life isn't what it was, no matter which ROM i try. Might look into flashing back to GB. My only real bug complaint is that its so quick to jump into thermal protection. This makes car dock almost useless, at least in summer. Lag is fixed for me by wiping internal storage. Everything gets crisp again. LTE is not as fast as it used to be either, but that's the carrier. Don't regret the purchase, but battery fading this fast gives me some concern that i may regret it soon.
    Droid 1
    Droid X
    Thunderbolt
    Xperia Play
    Razr Maxx

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Links