DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: A little...ok a lot lost....

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx

Unhappy A little...ok a lot lost....

So after having a HTC Thunderbolt for a little over and year and having multiple problems with it I was switched to the maxx. I started out really liking the phone since I was able to access the internet and make calls which was the two biggest issues I was having. Now I am noticing that I am having huge problems with the battery life. I have tried a couple of things as far as changing the time out on the screen to 15 seconds and kill my apps regularly. However my battery is dying before 4pm and I am in school from 8-5. Any help with this and any other helpful information would be great! I have been looking over forums since I got the phone but am a little behind it seems. Thanks in advance!

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    81 times
    Phone
    Samsung galaxy note 2
    I've heard that it is a software issue and they are working to fix it. Some tips are don't use task killers they make the cpu work even harder. If you aren't actively using the phone you could put it in sleep mode. Sleep mode is where it turns off all radios and the screen etc just like windows does on our computers.

Sent from a Droid2 Using Xparent Blue Tapatalk
  4. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    610 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    There's lots of things you can do to help with battery life ... upgrading to .215 has helped alot of people's battery issues to start off with. Then FDR and battery training, etc. We can fix you up, just speak up!
    So MattyP how do you get all the ladies??
    'MattyP' I just offer classes on upgrading their OS...
    Really?? That's it??
    'MattyP' yeah, the chicks love it when you give em an upgrade...

Sig courtesy of jstafford1
  5. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    You can also activate the battery extender in Smart Actions. It will turn off data, Wi-Fi, sync, etc when your screen times out and will turn it back on again when you unlock your screen.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by TisMyDroid
    You can also activate the battery extender in Smart Actions. It will turn off data, Wi-Fi, sync, etc when your screen times out and will turn it back on again when you unlock your screen.

+1 on the battery extender, substantially increased my battery life.
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyP View Post
    There's lots of things you can do to help with battery life ... upgrading to .215 has helped alot of people's battery issues to start off with. Then FDR and battery training, etc. We can fix you up, just speak up!

Ok what is FDR and what is .215? And battery training? I literally have had the phone since Thursday and have been looking online since then for help and decided to speak up!
  8. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by sunshine81039

Ok what is FDR and what is .215? And battery training? I literally have had the phone since Thursday and have been looking online since then for help and decided to speak up!
    The first thing to do would be an FDR -factory data reset. It erases everything on your phone so it is like new. As a guide for ideas to save and back up then restore before doing an fdr see: Getting the most success upgrading to ICS from GB

The second thing is to install the .215 which is a better ICS version but you may want to wait because the rumor is that an official release of the ICS update is suppose to be soon and will happen automatically (OTA -over the air). If you feel you don't want to wait, let us know. It is pretty easy to do.

The third is battery meter training. Power your phone off and charge until it is 100%. You can check the state of charge by pressing volume down. Once charged to 100%, turn on and use it till you get the low battery warning (about 10%), then power off again and charge til 100% with the phone off again. Then you can use and charge your phone as you please. It is recommended to do this cycle every 2-3 months.

After you do the FDR, make sure your phone is set to LTE / CDMA mode instead of global (it sets to global by default). Go to your phone settings --->more... (under data usage) ---> mobile networks ---> network mode ---> select LTE/CDMA.

Let us know if you need any help or have any more questions.

9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Phone
    LG G2
    Are you using the gmail email widget? NOT the gmail app but the widget that takes up one of your screens? If so, don't use it as I found that it reduced my battery life by half.

David
    Last edited by YellowJacket; 09-15-2012 at 08:42 AM. Reason: corrected misspellings
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    So i uninstalled twitter and saw a little improvement on my battery life. What is the .215 and how do i go about getting it? That was the downfall of my thunderbolt was that i kept waiting for the update but never got the first major update causing me to miss the two consecutive updates. I want to try the battery training but my phone is a certified replacement can i still do it?
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by sunshine81039
    So i uninstalled twitter and saw a little improvement on my battery life. What is the .215 and how do i go about getting it? That was the downfall of my thunderbolt was that i kept waiting for the update but never got the first major update causing me to miss the two consecutive updates. I want to try the battery training but my phone is a certified replacement can i still do it?
    The first thing i would do is use Battery Extender in your Smart Actions app. As said earlier, it will turn off your wifi, data and background sync when your screen goes off. It will reconnect in about 10 second once your screen comes back on. Should make a huge difference in your battery life.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Links