DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Does your max go into shock?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx

Does your max go into shock?

Apparently there is a new problem with the razr and max. Our phones go into shock and will quit working unless you let it rest and get some sleep. I was in verizon and walked up on a conversation about the max, where the rep was saying that phones are like the body and without rest they will go into shock and eventually your screen won't even turn on. Our bodies need sleep and so does the newer phones. She said ...now i am not going to say that's your only problem but it is at least part of it. The old ones you could take the batteries out of but the Max needs to be shut off every night and charged. She eventually changed what she was saying to you need to shut it off at least once a week and charge it. Mine has never went into shock. Has yours?

On a separate note, the lap dock 100 (it is like a little 10 inch laptop that uses your phone as its processor) for the razor and the Max is clearance at verizon for $50.00.
    Last edited by lowfatdog; 09-10-2012 at 04:23 PM.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    I...I don't get this. I rarely reboot any smartphone I've ever had with no problems. Just because the maxx has a permanent battery I'm supposed to remember to shut down once a week? As opposed to my Bionic that I never turned off either?

Sent from my DROID RAZR by the power of Greyskull
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    I'm not sure what she was smoking but the wife looked at me and said you have the Max...I had to bite my lip real hard not to start laughing my ass off when that lady said if you don't sleep you get tired and so does the Max. If you don't let it sleep it goes into shock and the screen will eventually quit turning on...LMAO! Every time I go in there they never cease to amaze me with their stories!
  4. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1417 times
    Phone
    DROID ULTRA MAXX
    Premium Member
    What she means is this.... rebooting the device is good to let it "reorganize" and its recommended to do this at least once a week on our phones... its a good habit to get into for most electronic devices... computers, game consoles... you name it.

As far as powering it off to charge... its a great idea to do that... also a good idea to train the battery meter every few months. Look in the battery sub forum for any of FoxKats battery posts. It explains a lot, and he explains it far better than I do.
    Xfactorx316 likes this.
    FEEL THE POWER OF DROID!!!
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx, Droid X
    "Phones are like the body and without rest they will go into shock and eventually your screen won't even turn on. Our bodies need sleep and so does the newer phones."

I get what she was going for there, but that's a terrible analogy. Yeah, you should reboot your phone every now and then (just like a computer, which this phone basically is) but I don't think I've ever actually heard of someone's phone going into "shock"
  6. Droid Jedi
    Member #
    Liked
    269 times
    Phone
    droid MAXX
    My phone just went into shock reading this.

Yes, a boot in the ars never hurts, nor a factory reset.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    I know about the battery training. I don't think she was not talking about that. You don't have to do that every night as she said and then after saying that a few times she changed it to once a week. Every few months sure, once a week? No reason for that! That will not make your phone have problems like this girl was having. The part that was so funny was she was talking about it going into shock. Could a reboot help? Sure it might, but I can let my max go for weeks and the screen has never failed to come on. I guess you would of had to have been there to appreciate the moment!
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    131 times
    Phone
    Droid Maxx
    Congratulations on keeping a straight face. You da man. I would have been peeing all over myself laughing so hard. Did they tell her to put a little blanket over the phone and put it's little feet up like we do for humans in shock?
    Great story.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lowfatdog View Post
    On a separate note, the lap dock 100 (it is like a little 10 inch laptop that uses your phone as its processor) for the razor and the Max is clearance at verizon for $50.00.
    Where'd you see this? I don't see it on the VW website.
  10. Droid Jedi
    Member #
    Liked
    269 times
    Phone
    droid MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleSunday

Where'd you see this? I don't see it on the VW website.
    I read somewhere they were already sold out, any truth to that? Your guess is as good as mine.

Just Googled it, they are available in store only, first come first served while supplies last, then they're gone.
    Last edited by lloydstrans; 09-11-2012 at 11:56 AM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links