DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No option to use front facing camera

1. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Got me, but Verizon will honor a phone 's warranty no matter where you bought it, unless it does not have a clear esn.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Razr MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by TisMyDroid View Post
    Got me, but Verizon will honor a phone 's warranty no matter where you bought it, unless it does not have a clear esn.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums
    I'm going to respectfully disagree with you. Verizon was all set to warranty my phone (Tier 2 Tech Support) until they discovered that I did not purchase the phone through Verizon or an authorized retailer (I purchased the phone via craigslist).

Take note people, respect, thankfullness and a good attitude go a long way.

The tech informed me that since I was not the original owner and the phone did not come from Verizon or an authorized retailer, the warranty was void. She stated that my next step would be to contact Motorola directly because the phone has a 1 year manufacturer's warranty.

I repectfully asked if there were any other options or if she could possibly help me further. She told me to hold and that she would speak to her supervisor. A few minutes later, she came back on the line and told me that her supervisor had approved the warranty and that they would ship a refurb out to me.

I accept full responsibility for not checking the phone over for complete functionality before purchasing it. To be honest, the last thing I thought about checking was the front camera. I thanked the Verizon tech profusely because I sincerely appreciated that they bent the rules a little for me.
  3. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by adrenalinemotion View Post
    I'm going to respectfully disagree with you. Verizon was all set to warranty my phone (Tier 2 Tech Support) until they discovered that I did not purchase the phone through Verizon or an authorized retailer (I purchased the phone via craigslist).

Take note people, respect, thankfullness and a good attitude go a long way.

The tech informed me that since I was not the original owner and the phone did not come from Verizon or an authorized retailer, the warranty was void. She stated that my next step would be to contact Motorola directly because the phone has a 1 year manufacturer's warranty.

I repectfully asked if there were any other options or if she could possibly help me further. She told me to hold and that she would speak to her supervisor. A few minutes later, she came back on the line and told me that her supervisor had approved the warranty and that they would ship a refurb out to me.

I accept full responsibility for not checking the phone over for complete functionality before purchasing it. To be honest, the last thing I thought about checking was the front camera. I thanked the Verizon tech profusely because I sincerely appreciated that they bent the rules a little for me.
    You're right that if you conduct yourself in a kind, respectful manner, you'll get much further.

That said, I haven't purchased a phone from Verizon or from an authorized retailer in years, and I've never had any problems getting a warranty replacement when I've needed one. Not once has the question of where I obtained the phone ever been raised. If the phone is under warranty, they've always replaced it. If it needed an insurance replacement instead, I've received those too without issue.
    Last edited by bsweetness; 08-25-2012 at 01:44 PM.
    Current lineup: Galaxy S5, iPhone 5S, Note 10.1 (2014)

Previous smartphones: Note 3, HTC One, Note 2, Galaxy S3, One X, RAZR MAXX, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, Note, iPhone 4S, Bionic, Stratosphere, Charge, Vitality, Incredible 2, Thunderbolt, Palm Pixi Plus, Droid 3, Fascinate, Incredible, Droid Pro, Droid 2 Global, Droid X, Droid, Treo Pro, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Q9m, XV6800, XV6900

Previous tablets: iPad Mini, Transformer TF300, Evo View, Transformer Prime, Transformer TF101, Thrive, gTablet
  4. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    It is possible that the tech person was not aware the phone would be covered but the supervisor knew better, therefore authorized the replacement. I have purchased a phone through craigslist and one through Ebay. Both phones had problems. On two different occasions, years apart, when I took the phones to my Verizon store to see if they could fix them, they decided the phones needed to be replaced. For each, I explained where the phones were purchased (there was no way I wanted to be faced with a $500 charge because they accidentally replaced ones that weren't supposed to be replaced). The Verizon rep explained that it didn't matter. The phones were still listed under warranty and therefore replaceable. In my amazement, they explained it is just something Verizon does.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links