DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: zedge

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx

Thumbs down Zedge not offered as a source for notification etc on ICS

On GB you would get a choice of system sounds, default or Zedge. On ICS there is no choice you just get the sounds in the default directory. If I want to use my Zedge downloads I have to copy them to the default location for ICS.
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx!
    You can also use a file manager to copy the sound file from the Zedge folder to the default notification and/or ringtone folders. It makes the files more easy to access in the system settings and any other apps you might use to customize sounds like a missed call app or and alarm app.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Problem solved! Android System was set to be the default, I selected Clear Default and then Zedge was offered when selecting a tone for any other app. I have no idea how it got set to default..
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by emarioc View Post
    On GB you would get a choice of system sounds, default or Zedge. On ICS there is no choice you just get the sounds in the default directory. If I want to use my Zedge downloads I have to copy them to the default location for ICS.
    Can you tell me what GB is? I'm totally confused. I have my zedge notifications and ringtones copied to the system with my other default android sounds. However, just recently, my zedge ringtones are not playing--for instance, for my text notification. They worked fine before, but all of a sudden they do not play. It always sounds the default notification I have set for the phone. I have set a particular zedge tone for my texts, but it does not play. Only the general default notification sound plays. Not sure why my text notification does not work properly...
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Razr MAXX, Droid 1(retired)
    Quote Originally Posted by wordsmith View Post

Can you tell me what GB is? I'm totally confused. I have my zedge notifications and ringtones copied to the system with my other default android sounds. However, just recently, my zedge ringtones are not playing--for instance, for my text notification. They worked fine before, but all of a sudden they do not play. It always sounds the default notification I have set for the phone. I have set a particular zedge tone for my texts, but it does not play. Only the general default notification sound plays. Not sure why my text notification does not work properly...
    GB is short for Gingerbread. I just installed the Zedge app and when I go into settings and sound to change my ringtones it gives me both options. I would suggest for you to go to settings, then Apps, then swipe all the way to the right until you get to ALL, then scroll down and go into Media Storage, then scroll down to LAUNCH BY DEFAULT and tap Clear defaults. That should give you the option for both again when attempting to change your ringtones.

The stop working thing I would try rebooting your phone if you haven't in a while.
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDroidURLookinFor View Post
    GB is short for Gingerbread. I just installed the Zedge app and when I go into settings and sound to change my ringtones it gives me both options. I would suggest for you to go to settings, then Apps, then swipe all the way to the right until you get to ALL, then scroll down and go into Media Storage, then scroll down to LAUNCH BY DEFAULT and tap Clear defaults. That should give you the option for both again when attempting to change your ringtones.

The stop working thing I would try rebooting your phone if you haven't in a while.
    Thanks for your reply. But, done and done. restarted many times. When I go to the Apps...LAUNCH BY DEFAULT, etc. as you suggest. The "Clear defaults" is grayed out and does not let me do anything. I have no defaults set. There is another button that says CLEAR DATA...what exactly would that clear? Any other suggestions?

Incidentally, I do get the option to choose either my phone installed sounds or from Zedge; I can do that. However, when I choose the Zedge tone--for my texts only--it simply does not play when a text comes in, but reverts to the sound I have set for my general notification sound on my phone. It does, however, play when I am testing it from the list of sounds to choose from.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links