DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Lost the "droid" sound on power up

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx

Lost the "droid" sound on power up

Probably a minor thing to worry about but when I power on my Maxx the "droid" sound effect is barely audible. It used to be fairly loud. I wondered if an app was causing this so I did a couple factory resets after the ICS update. After the 2nd reset I only loaded the apps back on that I consider essential. I've seen some posts about clearing the cache from the phone and don't really understand what that is or more importantly is it necessary when doing a factory reset? Maybe its nothing to worry about but I wanted the be sure there isn't an app leaving behind something that can be cleaned up. Thanks in advance!

3. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    610 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by metalhead View Post
    Probably a minor thing to worry about but when I power on my Maxx the "droid" sound effect is barely audible. It used to be fairly loud. I wondered if an app was causing this so I did a couple factory resets after the ICS update. After the 2nd reset I only loaded the apps back on that I consider essential. I've seen some posts about clearing the cache from the phone and don't really understand what that is or more importantly is it necessary when doing a factory reset? Maybe its nothing to worry about but I wanted the be sure there isn't an app leaving behind something that can be cleaned up. Thanks in advance!
    It was removed by Motorola. Not sure why. There is a "loud" version of the boot up sound available, but your phone needs to be rooted to be able to put it into the system/media folder.
    So MattyP how do you get all the ladies??
    'MattyP' I just offer classes on upgrading their OS...
    Really?? That's it??
    'MattyP' yeah, the chicks love it when you give em an upgrade...

Sig courtesy of jstafford1
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyP View Post
    It was removed by Motorola. Not sure why. There is a "loud" version of the boot up sound available, but your phone needs to be rooted to be able to put it into the system/media folder.
    Really? So all the razr's are this way? My concern was something was causing a conflict. I feel better knowing there isn't something amiss with my phone!
    MattyP likes this.
  5. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1417 times
    Phone
    DROID ULTRA MAXX
    Premium Member
    Nope they're all this way.
    MattyP likes this.
    FEEL THE POWER OF DROID!!!
  6. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    610 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Really? So all the razr's are this way? My concern was something was causing a conflict. I feel better knowing there isn't something amiss with my phone!
    Nope, nothing is amiss. I'm not sure of why they did it, but they did. Who knows why. But your phone is fine lol
    Really?? That's it??

7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Nope, nothing is amiss. I'm not sure of why they did it, but they did. Who knows why. But your phone is fine lol
    Thanks for the reassurance! One more thing, this is my 2nd Maxx. My 1st Maxx had a blown speaker. From the 1st charge the battery in this 2nd one is not as good. I've been following the battery threads and have done the tricks I've seen posted. My use of each phone has been the same. I've come to the conclusion this 2nd Maxx has a subpar battery. What do you think?
  8. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    610 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Thanks for the reassurance! One more thing, this is my 2nd Maxx. My 1st Maxx had a blown speaker. From the 1st charge the battery in this 2nd one is not as good. I've been following the battery threads and have done the tricks I've seen posted. My use of each phone has been the same. I've come to the conclusion this 2nd Maxx has a subpar battery. What do you think?
    Depending on how long you have had this one, I would bring it up to Verizon ... if nothing has changed as far as your usage, it's possible it could be a bad battery, but it's very hard to say. What version are you running? Are you on ICS? You could also upgrade to the .215 leak, that has improved battery life for lots of peeps.

Go into System Settings > About Phone and see what version you are on. If you are on ICS it should be **.**.211
    Really?? That's it??

9. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Depending on how long you have had this one, I would bring it up to Verizon ... if nothing has changed as far as your usage, it's possible it could be a bad battery, but it's very hard to say. What version are you running? Are you on ICS? You could also upgrade to the .215 leak, that has improved battery life for lots of peeps.

Go into System Settings > About Phone and see what version you are on. If you are on ICS it should be **.**.211
    Yes I've done the ICS update to .211. I've seen the posts about the .215 leak but I had this phone for awhile before the ICS change and the battery was subpar then too. I didn't see much any difference in battery life after the ICS update so I don't think that it's the OS. I'm not a heavy user and my 1st Maxx could go 2-3 days on a charge. This 2nd one will a day to a day & half. I can deal with it but I think I should be better. Just wondered what you think?
  10. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    610 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Yes I've done the ICS update to .211. I've seen the posts about the .215 leak but I had this phone for awhile before the ICS change and the battery was subpar then too. I didn't see much any difference in battery life after the ICS update so I don't think that it's the OS. I'm not a heavy user and my 1st Maxx could go 2-3 days on a charge. This 2nd one will a day to a day & half. I can deal with it but I think I should be better. Just wondered what you think?
    Alot of people complained about battery life on .211 and when they went to .215 their battery life improved. The .215 leak addressed battery problems. I noticed a very significant improvement on my Maxx. And it's very easy to do, and you don't have to be rooted to do it.
    Really?? That's it??

11. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1417 times
    Phone
    DROID ULTRA MAXX
    Premium Member
    Side loading... once done.. then ya have fun.
    FEEL THE POWER OF DROID!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links