DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: if any maxx owner previously had a bionic, I'd like to hear from you

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Hi, very happy bionic owner here. My phone is fast, reliable and does everything that a high end superphone is supposed to do. I'm even happy with the camera which I'm sure is just an average smart phone snapper. My ONLY disappointment is that I must leave my phone on 3G all the time because of battery drain. I even have the Motorola extended battery for it and under moderate use, I must charge it when I get home from work. I was waiting for the RAZR hd, but as we all know now, moto has decided not to put in that 3300 mha monster for power, and it doesn't seem that they're going to improve the camera. So, I'd like to know how you like your maxx over the bionic and why. I'll be making a decision on my upgrade soon. Buy the way, is the maxx handling ICS ok? I know I had a DROID X that I loved, but the gingerbread update ruined that phone. Thanks.
  2. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    I didn't have a bionic but there are things I know about the Maxx that are very similar to your experiences.

One is 3g. On GB many people had to keep it on 3g only mode and I also always kept it on 3g because I was in a weak to non-existent 4g area and having it on 4g/3g sucked a lot of battery. The drain was because the phone was constantly trying to connect to 4g that wasn't there or constantly switching back & forth. Since ICS I am actually able to keep it on 4g/3g only mode and don't have that problem even though I rarely am in a 4g area. I also only turn my data only when I need it which saves a lot of battery.

Like you going from froyo to GB, the move from GB to ICS caused many problems for people with battery drain and lag. But, so far, doing a factory data reset seems to have solved the problems for everyone that had problems with the change.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums
  3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    Adding to what Tis said, the most recent leaked version (purported to be the update to fix 4G and battery), .215 is excellent and appears to work better in all respects that either Gingerbread or the OTA upgrade to ICS. When you get your MAXX, hit up MattyP's .215 leak classroom (we all hang out there anyway), and we'll get you up to speed.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

"Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  4. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1421 times
    Phone
    DROID ULTRA MAXX
    Premium Member
    I have a bionic and the maxx.. the maxx is a different animal. Each device has its own strengths and weaknesses.

215 is an awesome leak, I'm running it and it greatly helped my battery life.

The bionic is more rugged, has a removable battery, and the screen Is easier to see when in direct sunlight.

Its all subjective though. What I see as great, you may see as nothing.
    TisMyDroid and jaybogg like this.
    FEEL THE POWER OF DROID!!!
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    78 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy SIII
    I also had a Bionic. Keep in mind, I had shortly after release and had it for about 4 months. It was the worst android smartphone experience I ever had between the camera, data drops and phone lag. In my case, my Maxx does everything better and faster. The only advantages the Bionic had were the removable battery and outdoor visibility. No worries about ICS on the Maxx either. I'm on .215 with zero complaints. FWIW I also had the Nexus and Rezound as well. If you need any comparisons between any those phones, hit me up in a PM.

GoBears

"Remember, friends don't let friends use IOS"
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    I owned my Bionic for about nine months until I dropped it a week ago and scratched the screen so bad it was unresponsive. I never had an issue with the Bionic, and even started flashing ICS leaks to it before the end. I would have kept it indefinitely. Oh, I was also rocking the extended battery.

I was given a RAZR Maxx as an insurance replacement after being told no more Bionics were available and I wasn't too happy with the offer of a regular RAZR due to battery life concerns, and after having a few days to put the Maxx through the paces I have no complaints yet.

The battery is noticeably better than the Bionic extended, and I thought I was going to break the phone a time or two pulling it out of my pocket because of the weight difference, but I adjusted quickly.

If you're running an ICS leak on your Bionic then the RAZR will be old hat for you.

I don't think you'll be disappointed at all, and I was even able to find cases for the Maxx, which I couldn't do with the Bionic and keep the extended battery.

Hope this helps!
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Twitter
    Fyrjammer
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxxed
    I had the Bionic for about as long as the RAZR's been out. I recently got the Maxx a couple weeks ago and immediately got the ICS update then rooted it. In that 2 week period charged it 4 times. So far with light to moderate use i get about 34 hrs. With heavy use about 19. Bionic averaged 9 hrs.
    I liked the Bionic, but with the job i do, i needed the durability of the Maxx. And i think they stopped giving love to the Bionic as far as updates.
    I don't know if the Maxx gets Jellybean, but I'm thrilled with the Maxx the way it is.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid 1
    I have the Bionic and went to the Razr Maxx HD... It's worth the jump if you are itching for a new phone!
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I still have my bionic but I'm going to get the samsung galaxy note 2 because of its power and jelly bean right out of the box. I had 3 droids. The original. The X and the bionic. With the X and bionic, both were great phones until they received their updates. When the X went from froyo to gingerbread, and bionic just now to ics. They were both great phones, then were updated, and are awful. So there's no doubt in my mind that moto phones are great phones when running the operating system they were built to operate on. But they can't handle upgrades.
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    DroidX

Re: if any maxx owner previously had a bionic, I'd like to hear from you

Ahhhhhh, The Motorola Bionic for Verizon? Well where do I start, I was shipped 7 Motorola Bionics as replacements for my original Bionic which I had bought in Nov. of 2011. The worse motorola product on the market since the release of the Motorola Devour (Blur only on Android OS). Verizon upgraded me to the Razr soon after I bought the Razr Maxx, the Razr & Razr Maxx were Heaven sent compared to the Bionic...All across the board the Razr series delivers what Motorola loyalist love and swear by.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links