DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: limited contact access when sending new text message

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    droid razr maxx

limited contact access when sending new text message

I have had my razr maxx for about 6 months now. I loved it until ICS came along and changed everything. My latest issue is when starting a new text message and you touch enter recipient, I get a limited list of contacts. The 7 contacts that I can access are not synced google contacts but somehow got related to another email account that is mine but not setup on my phone. How do I fix this to get all my contacts available to me?

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    Phone
    Motorola RAZR MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by mmcg33
    I have had my razr maxx for about 6 months now. I loved it until ICS came along and changed everything. My latest issue is when starting a new text message and you touch enter recipient, I get a limited list of contacts. The 7 contacts that I can access are not synced google contacts but somehow got related to another email account that is mine but not setup on my phone. How do I fix this to get all my contacts available to me?
    Go into My Accounts..then click contacts.
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    droid razr maxx

Not really what I needed

Quote Originally Posted by GotnFX View Post
    Go into My Accounts..then click contacts.
    most of my contacts are google contacs. The ones that I have access to when starting a new text message are synced to a yahoo acct that I have.
    How to I add them to google so I can access all of them and stop getting my yahoo contacts as default?
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    Phone
    Motorola RAZR MAXX
    You still having this issue? Are you using the stock or a third party messaging app?
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Was a solution found for this? I'm having the same one.
    To clarify:
    I go to the stock Text Message Aopp. Tap the + to create a new text. Begin typing a contact name in the Recepient's window, and I'm only provided with 5 total contact options of the 350 contacts I have. All my contacts are synched to my Google Account (except the 5 that show). None of the Google-synched contacts are offered as recepients.

How do I change this? The only other option is People, long press Contact Name, Select Send Text. And I don't even know how to send a single text to multiple Contacts in this fashion (since I can't remember the contacts phone numbers and/or their saved contact name in some cases)

Any ideas?
  7. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1416 times
    Phone
    DROID ULTRA MAXX
    Premium Member
    What do you have as your displayed contacts in your people app?? Do you have it set to display your phone contacts , Google contacts, yahoo contacts???
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails limited contact access when sending new text message-uploadfromtaptalk1343864809921.jpg  
    FEEL THE POWER OF DROID!!!
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I've messed with that setting. I leave it to Display all contacts. I erased all my actual Backup Assistant (Phone) Contacts and imported them all from Google Contacts to create a nice, uniform list. But, like the other poster mentioned, I have 7 or so contacts that got imported from my work email when that got synced. They are the only contacts that show up when I type a name in the text recipient window.

I then turned off Backup Assistant (Phone) Contacts, thinking I'd rely on Google for my backup storage.

Do you think I need to turn that back on and sync contacts with that crappy Verizon backup service, or is there an alternative?
  9. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Try this... go into the people app ---> Contacts to display --->Click on customize ---->and then go through the different accounts and check off the boxes of the contacts you want displayed. Experiment, going back and forth through the customize menu and text to see if you get any better results. I have no idea if this will work but it is worth a shot. I don't use the backup assistant because I don't like it one tiny little bit and it has never been necessary but I really do not think you should need to turn it back on.
    FoxKat likes this.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I've tried the method above and still no luck. Any other ideas why contacts synched from Google would not auto populate the recipients options when sending a text? Droid RAZR Max ICS.
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Okay got it! I guess I did not mess with the Custom Contacts to Display enough. When I selected from the subgroups to display from the custom menu they showed up. Thanks for the help :c)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links