DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: ics downloaded

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Razr

ics downloaded

I missed the option to hit "later" for the download of ICS on my Razr Maxx this morning. I DO NOT want it (not to mention I think it is completely unfair that I really don't have a choice). Is there a way to delete the download so that it won't install if I happen to miss that?
    My Razr Maxx is my main phone work/pleasure, I really don't want it turning into a terrible phone like my Razr did after the upgrade.
    I hope someone can help.

I downloaded ICS on my regular Razr and absolutely hate it.
    battery life is horrible
    phone is super slow
    phone gets extremely hot after minimal use
    some apps don't work properly (even after reinstalling)
    internet pages don't work properly

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Twitter
    @Squeak513
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by SJsRazr
    I missed the option to hit "later" for the download of ICS on my Razr Maxx this morning. I DO NOT want it (not to mention I think it is completely unfair that I really don't have a choice). Is there a way to delete the download so that it won't install if I happen to miss that?
    My Razr Maxx is my main phone work/pleasure, I really don't want it turning into a terrible phone like my Razr did after the upgrade.
    I hope someone can help.

I downloaded ICS on my regular Razr and absolutely hate it.
    battery life is horrible
    phone is super slow
    phone gets extremely hot after minimal use
    some apps don't work properly (even after reinstalling)
    internet pages don't work properly
    Have you tried doing a FDR after the update? It helps correct some of those issues. There are lots of tips and tricks here in the forums to get the most out of your battery. I have issues with the temperature too but nothing to worry about. Also, have you tried the .215 leak yet? Its better than the .211 OTA update.

<<--{Droid Razr Maxx °Celcius .215}-->>
  4. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    698 times
    Phone
    Nexus 5
    Premium Member
    If you boot into recovery and clear your cache the download will be removed from your phone.

Power off the phone, press and hold both the volume up and down and then the power button.

Volume down to go to recovery and volume up to select it, when you see the little Android guy press both volume up and down at the same time.

Then volume down to clear cache and power button to select it, reboot when done.
    FoxKat likes this.
  5. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1416 times
    Phone
    DROID ULTRA MAXX
    Premium Member
    I remember the days when people were mad because they couldn't get ICS.. lol.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! are we vanquished yet?????
    FEEL THE POWER OF DROID!!!
  6. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    698 times
    Phone
    Nexus 5
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 94lt1 View Post
    I remember the days when people were mad because they couldn't get ICS.. lol.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! are we vanquished yet?????
    Borderline homicidal even!
    TisMyDroid likes this.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    droid razr maxx
    ICS has some bugs, but i still think its a big improvement over gingerbread. my suggestion is do the factory data reset like the above people mentioned, and then find the 215 leak and install that.

i put it on mine and so far my signal is better, battery is still good ( alot of people figured out the the battery issue was temp after the upgrade, and it goes back to normal) and after i took some time to learn the differences on ICS i actually like it better..

hope things work out for ya, but i dont know of a way to go back to gingerbread, and the companies certainly dont want you too, when they move forward they dont want to have to deal with past programs.. even verizon admitted they are trying to get everyone to 4g phones.. to the progress must move forward, its cost effective for them (since they are simply in the money making bussiness) and its eaiser to only have 1 or 2 systems to have to deal with at one time.. with ICS finally getting out, jellybean is over the horizon, so would anyone want to have to keep fix issues for a third removed system?

im not saying you shouldnt have the choice, just saying the powers that be dont want it, so your probably going to have to find someone to build a gingerbread root lol

Russel the cop
  8. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member
    If that's the experience you've had with ICS on your RAZR, something isn't right. None of those should be happening on a properly functioning device.

That said, if you really don't want the ICS update, you're going to need to root and install Titanium Backup. Use Titanium Backup to freeze the updater.apk app on the phone. You'll then to clear the cache like Sydman said to remove the download. If you don't freeze updater.apk, the phone will just download the update again later.

Personally, I think you should read around the forum and see what people have done to correct the issues you're reporting. Almost all of them who have followed the advice of users around here have been able to correct all of the issues they were having.
    Current lineup: Galaxy S5, iPhone 5S, Note 10.1 (2014)

Previous smartphones: Note 3, HTC One, Note 2, Galaxy S3, One X, RAZR MAXX, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, Note, iPhone 4S, Bionic, Stratosphere, Charge, Vitality, Incredible 2, Thunderbolt, Palm Pixi Plus, Droid 3, Fascinate, Incredible, Droid Pro, Droid 2 Global, Droid X, Droid, Treo Pro, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Q9m, XV6800, XV6900

Previous tablets: iPad Mini, Transformer TF300, Evo View, Transformer Prime, Transformer TF101, Thrive, gTablet
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Razr
    My razr is a useless piece of garbage and my maxx will be soon once I miss choosing "install later". I will be stuck with another useless phone. Today my razr rebooted itself over a dozen times for no reason and had been very hot. I haven't used it, it is going crazy on its own.
    I tried getting the download off of my maxx but had problems using the above method.
    I am so frustrated and will be stuck without a phone until I am due to renew in two years....thanx Verizon/Motorola/ICS.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Twitter
    @Squeak513
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by SJsRazr
    My razr is a useless piece of garbage and my maxx will be soon once I miss choosing "install later". I will be stuck with another useless phone. Today my razr rebooted itself over a dozen times for no reason and had been very hot. I haven't used it, it is going crazy on its own.
    I tried getting the download off of my maxx but had problems using the above method.
    I am so frustrated and will be stuck without a phone until I am due to renew in two years....thanx Verizon/Motorola/ICS.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2
    Do a factory data reset on your RAZR, it may help fix those issues. If not I would call Motorola or Verizon and get a replacement.

<<--{Droid Razr Maxx °Celcius .215}-->>
  11. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Razr
    It will not factory reset, nothing happens, any suggestions.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Links