DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Text deletion issues.

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droid X

Text deletion issues.

Question. Just did an update on this phone. Before I was able to delete certain text messages that were inside a text conversation. Like if I wanted to delete a couple of messages instead of the entire conversation I was able to. Now I can't. I have to open the conversation and select one by one. Select, delete and select delete message by message. This is way too long. Especially when I want to delete a few. Before I can see all the messages with a little square to select that specific message. Any ideas how to use this option again?

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    117 times
    Phone
    MaxxHD
    Quote Originally Posted by cesar357 View Post
    Question. Just did an update on this phone. Before I was able to delete certain text messages that were inside a text conversation. Like if I wanted to delete a couple of messages instead of the entire conversation I was able to. Now I can't. I have to open the conversation and select one by one. Select, delete and select delete message by message. This is way too long. Especially when I want to delete a few. Before I can see all the messages with a little square to select that specific message. Any ideas how to use this option again?
    If you're using the stock messenger... long press on a conversation and a check mark/trash bin will appear, the selected convo will be highlighted and it will say "1 selected"... just tap on any other conversations and it will select that as well, then press the trash bin... and they're gone!
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    Thanks for the reply. That's not exactly what I meant, sorry. What I mean is once you're inside a text message conversation. Doing what you stated will delete the entire conversation with that person. What I need is not to delete the entire conversation. Just a few inside the conversation. Is that making sense? Sorry if I'm not making sense, lol.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    117 times
    Phone
    MaxxHD
    Thanks for the reply. That's not exactly what I meant, sorry. What I mean is once you're inside a text message conversation. Doing what you stated will delete the entire conversation with that person. What I need is not to delete the entire conversation. Just a few inside the conversation. Is that making sense? Sorry if I'm not making sense, lol.
    Oh I see.. sorry looks like a no go... I wanna say GoSMS has that feature but don't quote me on that
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    How do you get SMS on this phone, lol.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    117 times
    Phone
    MaxxHD
    How do you get SMS on this phone, lol.
    huh? what do you mean..
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    Sorry I meant MMS messaging.
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    My Droid Bionic just updated to Android 4.0. And I lost the ability to "select multiple" text messages to delete. Now I have to delete each message in the thread individually or delete the entire thread all at once. I called Motorola to complain. They suggested a third party SMS app and perhaps if enough people complain they will correct the problem with a patch. I wont hold my breath.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by gunboy44

My Droid Bionic just updated to Android 4.0. And I lost the ability to "select multiple" text messages to delete. Now I have to delete each message in the thread individually or delete the entire thread all at once. I called Motorola to complain. They suggested a third party SMS app and perhaps if enough people complain they will correct the problem with a patch. I wont hold my breath.
    If you download a third party application it doesn't delete the original format does it?
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Central California near Yosemite Nat'l Park
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Handcent SMS allows deleting single text msg without deleting everything.
    Building today with tomorrows technology
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links