DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 48
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Would you trade your Max for a Galaxy S3 ?

  1. Super Moderator
    94lt1's Avatar
    Member #
    247267
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    SE TX
    Posts
    10,958
    Liked
    1421 times
    Phone
    DROID ULTRA MAXX
    Premium Member
    #11
    Quote Originally Posted by smalltowngirl13 View Post
    The Razr HD is one of two phones that I really want this year...I hope we see it soon.
    Me too.. but I also wonder if/what the moto nexus will be like..

    DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!
    FEEL THE POWER OF DROID!!!
  2. Senior Droid
    mkstn's Avatar
    Member #
    36361
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Morristown, TN
    Posts
    110
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    #12
    All good answers....why can't someone make the ultimate phone. There are always compermises. All in all I think the S3 has the edge.
  3. Master Droid
    CaptainSS's Avatar
    Member #
    210696
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Pocono Mountains, In the Woods
    Posts
    390
    Liked
    83 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by mkstn View Post
    All good answers....why can't someone make the ultimate phone. There are always compermises. All in all I think the S3 has the edge.
    Depends. Overall functionality, doing the things "I" NEED a "Phone" to do.....make phone calls, get good solid reception, call quality, build quality, size, durability, BATTERY (2-3 Days).... - I give the Maxx the edge.
  4. Developer Relations
    Garemlin's Avatar
    Member #
    19076
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    2,143
    Liked
    340 times
    Twitter
    garemlin
    Phone
    LG G2 - Nexus 7 v2
    Premium Member
    #14
    Have had the Maxx since February. Preordered an SIII and it came last Tuesday. As of last Saturday the SIII was already in the mail heading to it's new owner. There's my answer.
    CaptainSS and detroitwilly like this.
  5. Senior Droid
    mkstn's Avatar
    Member #
    36361
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Morristown, TN
    Posts
    110
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Garemlin View Post
    Have had the Maxx since February. Preordered an SIII and it came last Tuesday. As of last Saturday the SIII was already in the mail heading to it's new owner. There's my answer.
    So tell us why? All agree the battery on the Max is superior but if it runs out you screwed. The S3 is very fast and has other features. I compaired a Razor (not the Max) for reception and it did not out perform the S3.
  6. Developer Relations
    Garemlin's Avatar
    Member #
    19076
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    2,143
    Liked
    340 times
    Twitter
    garemlin
    Phone
    LG G2 - Nexus 7 v2
    Premium Member
    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by mkstn View Post
    So tell us why? All agree the battery on the Max is superior but if it runs out you screwed. The S3 is very fast and has other features. I compaired a Razor (not the Max) for reception and it did not out perform the S3.

    I can sum it up in one word.

    Reception

    Or lack of. Network and wifi reception on the SIII was nowhere near as good as the Maxx or any of my other previous Moto devices. Same situation I had with the G'Nex. One other thing I did not like is that it was very uncomfortable to hold and use one handed. Even with a case. The buttons were down so low that they were really hard to thumb reach and the curved bottom made it really hard to keep a good hold on it. Battery life??? Well that goes without saying. Just nothing about it made me want to keep it and ditch the Maxx.
    CaptainSS and Jriedesel like this.
  7. Master Droid
    tech_head's Avatar
    Member #
    134722
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Western Hemisphere
    Posts
    306
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    #17
    Played with a Sprint S3. Picking up my daughter's Verizon S3 tomorrow.
    I'll keep my Maxx.
    I have forgotten more about technology, than most people will ever know in their lifetime.
  8. Master Droid
    JOSHSKORN's Avatar
    Member #
    140567
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    406
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    DROID RAZR MAXX
    #18
    The MAXX is perfect for me. The only reason I will upgrade now is if it is no longer supported, and the battery life of the replacement is as good or better than the MAXX.

    That said, I don't care what tiny features might be better than what the MAXX has to offer. If it doesn't have equal or greater battery life, forget it.
  9. Droid
    detroitwilly's Avatar
    Member #
    136217
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    50
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2 (stock)
    #19
    The Galaxy S3 reminds me of a great phone to give my wife once she gets bored of her white iPhone.

    I'll stick with the Maxx.

    Does the S3 have Siri?
    CaptainSS likes this.
  10. Droid Ninja
    huskur's Avatar
    Member #
    11527
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Lower Delaware
    Posts
    1,885
    Liked
    111 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Garemlin View Post
    I can sum it up in one word.

    Reception

    Or lack of. Network and wifi reception on the SIII was nowhere near as good as the Maxx or any of my other previous Moto devices. Same situation I had with the G'Nex. One other thing I did not like is that it was very uncomfortable to hold and use one handed. Even with a case. The buttons were down so low that they were really hard to thumb reach and the curved bottom made it really hard to keep a good hold on it. Battery life??? Well that goes without saying. Just nothing about it made me want to keep it and ditch the Maxx.
    That is weird. I am on the opposite end of this spectrum. I got my Maxx in March and also preordered a S3. I have had the S3 for about a week now and find that in all the areas (work/home and mall ect...) I am getting as good or better reception. My Maxx will be heading to Ebay soon.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Trade in
    By jwolb33 in forum Motorola Droid Bionic
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-16-2011, 06:52 PM
  2. Looking for a DX, have an INC to trade
    By ryblock in forum Droid X General Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-04-2010, 10:22 AM
  3. E*Trade App???
    By NYZ93 in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-13-2010, 02:14 PM
  4. Trade?
    By playboymbc89 in forum HTC Droid Eris
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-01-2010, 03:36 PM

Search tags for this page

galaxy max 4
,

galaxy s3 or razr maxx

,

galaxy s3 vs razr maxx battery life

,
how does the galaxy s3 compare to the razr
,
razor max vs galaxy iii
,

razr maxx or galaxy s3

,
trade galaxy s3 for razr maxx hd
,
trade in phone for galaxy s3
,

trade razr maxx for galaxy s3

,
which phone is better droid razr or galaxy s3
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+