DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: My Gallery - 756MB in TWO DAYS???

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    DROID RAZR MAXX

My Gallery - 756MB in TWO DAYS???

This morning I've noticed my data usage widget shows almost 1 GB more than it showed yesterday, and this freaked me out as I haven't done anything differently that I can recall that would affect my data usage.

My Gallery - 756MB in TWO DAYS???-screenshot_2012-07-15-13-13-31.png

Can someone please explain to me what the hell this is all about? I don't have that crappy Motocast stuff, so why in the world would a gallery app use almost 1 gig of data in 2 days?? The hell????????

3. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    360 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member
    While I don't know that it's the cause for that large amount of usage, the My Gallery automatically syncs with several social networking sites if you have them set up on your phone. Do you have the settings turned off for that? My Gallery -> Menu -> deselect Display friends' activities. Also, check the MotoCast settings there as well. Something might be on that you're not aware of.
    MattyP and SallyC like this.
    Current lineup: Galaxy S5, iPhone 5S, Note 10.1 (2014)

Previous smartphones: Note 3, HTC One, Note 2, Galaxy S3, One X, RAZR MAXX, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, Note, iPhone 4S, Bionic, Stratosphere, Charge, Vitality, Incredible 2, Thunderbolt, Palm Pixi Plus, Droid 3, Fascinate, Incredible, Droid Pro, Droid 2 Global, Droid X, Droid, Treo Pro, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Q9m, XV6800, XV6900

Previous tablets: iPad Mini, Transformer TF300, Evo View, Transformer Prime, Transformer TF101, Thrive, gTablet
  4. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    610 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    As for what it's doing I don't know, I would check the settings of the app and see what it is set to sync, or upload and download.

I would also consider downloading "Quickpic" from the Market. It's free, and much better than My Gallery. Then I would disable My Gallery, especially if it's chewing up that much data. That's crazy.
    So MattyP how do you get all the ladies??
    'MattyP' I just offer classes on upgrading their OS...
    Really?? That's it??
    'MattyP' yeah, the chicks love it when you give em an upgrade...

Sig courtesy of jstafford1
  5. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    610 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by bsweetness View Post
    While I don't know that it's the cause for that large amount of usage, the My Gallery automatically syncs with several social networking sites if you have them set up on your phone. Do you have the settings turned off for that? My Gallery -> Menu -> deselect Display friends' activities. Also, check the MotoCast settings there as well. Something might be on that you're not aware of.
    You beat me to it LOL
    Really?? That's it??

6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    DROID RAZR MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by bsweetness View Post
    It appears that the "Display friends' activity" box was checked off. But how in the world would that cause 756MB of data all of a sudden if that option has been checked? That's also confusing too. Thanks for alerting me of this. MotoCast isn't set up, as it brings me to the "Maybe later" and "Setup now" boxes.

EDIT: Even with the display friends' activity box being checked (in the past/prior to me unchecking it now), the Friends section of it shows no one... Lol. It's telling me to add a social network (my gallery)...

Quote Originally Posted by MattyP View Post
    As for what it's doing I don't know, I would check the settings of the app and see what it is set to sync, or upload and download.

I would also consider downloading "Quickpic" from the Market. It's free, and much better than My Gallery. Then I would disable My Gallery, especially if it's chewing up that much data. That's crazy.
    Hmm, all of the media sharing optoins are disabled. The quick upload account is set to "None". This is such a strange issue for me.
  7. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    610 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    It's just a suggestion, but Quickpic works just like My Gallery, it even lets you exclude folders from viewing, etc. If My Gallery is burning that much data I would disable that puppy ... do you have a limited data plan or are you unlimited?
    tjk629 likes this.
    Really?? That's it??

8. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    610 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Displaying friends activity? On something like Facebook, that means EVERY time your friends do something on Facebook it syncs up to it ... every picture, status change, wall post, etc.
    Really?? That's it??

9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    DROID RAZR MAXX
    It's just a suggestion, but Quickpic works just like My Gallery, it even lets you exclude folders from viewing, etc. If My Gallery is burning that much data I would disable that puppy ... do you have a limited data plan or are you unlimited?
    I'm using the 4GB plan, and at 2.6GB until the 22nd, thankfully. According to the data thing again, it shows that even TODAY the app have used about 256 MB... That's very scary man.

Displaying friends activity? On something like Facebook, that means EVERY time your friends do something on Facebook it syncs up to it ... every picture, status change, wall post, etc.
    Yeah I know, but when I go to settings > friends, it shows no activity as if nothing was downloaded. That's another thing that's weird. And in the foreground? Doesn't that mean I had to have the app open to do that? I usually keep my recent app list clear as possible.
  10. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    610 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by altjx View Post
    I'm using the 4GB plan, and at 2.6GB until the 22nd, thankfully. According to the data thing again, it shows that even TODAY the app have used about 256 MB... That's very scary man.

Yeah I know, but when I go to settings > friends, it shows no activity as if nothing was downloaded. That's another thing that's weird. And in the foreground? Doesn't that mean I had to have the app open to do that? I usually keep my recent app list clear as possible.
    It's a VERIZON app ... lord only knows what it's doing, whether it's on or off.

So in a few days you will have burned up all your data (and probably go over) because of that one app ... that sucker would be gone if it was me LOL
    Really?? That's it??

11. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2290 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    Note, if you alert Verizon to the problem now and they record it in the system notes for your account, then if you go over they will not charge you.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    MattyP and SallyC like this.

"Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links