DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Razr Maxx sound help.

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx

Razr Maxx sound help.

Ugh.. As much as i love my phone i feel like I've only ever had problems with it so far. But enough of my ****ty *****ing and to the problem. My audio randomly started cutting out today. And i don't man anything that a notification would do. I go to play my songs and shows on my phone and can't hear anything. Streaming audio or video doesn't help either. I did get it to work once then i bumped it and it speed working. I've never dropped my phone, gotten it wet or anything. I've restarted our and that didn't help. I'm bored as **** working a grave yard shift with nothing to watch our listen to. For the love of good someone help me before i go crazy! If i left anything out or you guys need any more information just ask and I'll see what i can do.

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Phone
    RazrMaxx/Droid1(retired)/dinc2
    Press volume up? Lol

I have no idea...

----posted MAXXED OUT WITH dessert----

new server if any of my links are dead notify me, I got new links!
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    Phone
    Droid X2
    Do you use headphones? Perhaps your jack switch is stuck? Do the old plug and unplug dance to see if that helps. Perhaps a soft reset?

Sorry, I'm guessing really.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    117 times
    Phone
    MaxxHD
    Quote Originally Posted by devildust21 View Post
    Ugh.. As much as i love my phone i feel like I've only ever had problems with it so far. But enough of my ****ty *****ing and to the problem. My audio randomly started cutting out today. And i don't man anything that a notification would do. I go to play my songs and shows on my phone and can't hear anything. Streaming audio or video doesn't help either. I did get it to work once then i bumped it and it speed working. I've never dropped my phone, gotten it wet or anything. I've restarted our and that didn't help. I'm bored as **** working a grave yard shift with nothing to watch our listen to. For the love of good someone help me before i go crazy! If i left anything out or you guys need any more information just ask and I'll see what i can do.
    Factory reset?
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Well i don't use headphones so that's out of the question. And if i do the factory reset I'll face to download ICS again right? That's such a hassle. Well can you tell me how to do the factory reset?
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    117 times
    Phone
    MaxxHD
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    Phone
    Droid X2
    No you keep ICS and the process its mostly automatic but all passwords are gone, many settings are out of wack, all your progress in your games is gone. Not the end of world stuff just annoying.

Settings/privacy/factory data reset
    I moved every thing to the SD card first.

Try a soft reset or a power cycle first. Might fix it and you don't lose an afternoon rebuilding you phone like it was before.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by JohnnytheK; 07-15-2012 at 02:42 AM.
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    razr maxx
    If the sound is cutting in and out or there is no sound at all press on the back of the phone between the camera and the speaker. If the sound quality picks up or starts you have the "razr Maxx speaker issue". In a nutshell, there is no wired connection between the speaker and the circuit board in the phone, only a contact connection. When the contacts seperate you lose your external speaker. Google it, it's not an isolated problem. As far as I know there is no fix yet.
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razor Max

Ice Cream update is available

Quote Originally Posted by devildust21 View Post
    Are you still running Gingerbread? Go into settings, about phone and update to Ice Cream. It might help solve a lot of the problems you are having.

Good luck!

Links