DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Battery Life and Battery Temperature

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx ICS Rooted
    Quote Originally Posted by btf_firefighter View Post
    How are you getting that good of battery life? Im coming from a Thunderbolt so Im trying to figure out all the different stuff with this phone. I use it moderatly with wifi off 90% of the time and 4g off all the time unless im in 4g coverage. Would like some tips thanks.
    I have it rooted with all the junk frozen I am in a 4G area, here is the latest I have not charged it yet.

2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Simulated battery pull seems to have fixed my aforementioned connectivity issues. Hopefully it stays fixed!
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by jlewis74 View Post
    I have it rooted with all the junk frozen I am in a 4G area, here is the latest I have not charged it yet.

Wow thats nice. Im at 22% at about 13 hours of battery use. Which rom are you using? Is it stock? Im trying to decide if I want to root this phone like my Thunderbolt or leave it stock and wait for the ICS and hopefully this helps a little bit.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx ICS Rooted
    The stock ICS is out where you can flash it, look for Mikes Utility. I am running .211 ICS stock rooted with just frozen.
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by TisMyDroid View Post
    Someone else may chime in here, but common battery hog culprits are having wifi on when there is no wifi available, 4g-3g on when there is poor 4g available or no 4g available (the phone will keep trying to connect to 4g or keep switching between 3g to 4g which sucks allot of battery), background sync enabled, etc. Your 5 bars are for your phone reception not your data. The 3g or 4g icons are for your data reception. If it has blue arrows that means it is transferring data connected to google servers, white arrows means it is transferring data over the internet. No arrows doesn't necessarily mean you lost connection, just that no data is being transferred at that time.

Things to do to get better battery life:
    -keep your phone in 3g only mode unless you are in an area with good 4g reception or if you need the faster speed (watching youtube, netflix, etc). Navigation works fine, if not better, in 3g.
    -turn off wifi when not in use. Turn off data if on wifi.
    -turn auto sync and sync your background data when you actually need it.
    -set your email accounts to fetch at longer intervals (I have most of mine set at every four hours. The only one I have set art every 15 min is my work email. The others automatically give me my new email when I go into that email account).
    -turn location services off for facebook.

Many of these settings will also help your phone stay cooler.

In settings, look at battery usage. What does it show is using most of your battery? That will give us some more info to help you.

Your Maxx should be able to get at least 20 hours, depending on use. Keep us posted and we will keep troubleshooting.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums
    I've used both smart actions & doing it manually to turn off unneeded services while I'm not using them, as well as using the task manager to kill apps after the screen times out so they're not running unnecessarily. Android OS & the display are using most of my battery life right now, but usually it's the display that has used the most after a day of use. I've got the screen timeout set to 1 min, but that's not the issue... the real issue with the battery for me is 2 things: It doesn't last for crap compared to my 3500 mAh battery in my previous Incredible; and it takes **much** longer to charge than the Incredible whether the phone is on or off.

Did I mention it bothers me that it actually loses charge while plugged in to the charger in the car & running navigation? Again, not the case with the Incredible. I also didn't have to babysit the Incredible as far as apps & settings to achieve great battery life throughout the day. Just charge it overnight & it could run all day with heavy use & then plug it in at night again. I use my phone as my primary source of communication & leave it on overnight, as well as using it for an alarm in the morning. Incredible = no problem, Maxx = not impressed.

Has anyone else exchanged their Maxx due to battery issues & gotten a replacement that performed as promised? If so, was the replacement a new-in-box unit or an "over-the-counter" exchange (refurb) unit?
    Last edited by RALIWGN; 06-27-2012 at 12:12 PM.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Well after two complete charges with the phone off and recharging it when it gets to 15% Im still getting 12.5 hours. I would take a screen shot of my battery usage but I dont have an app that will work. So I will write it down. Display 34% Browser 17% Android OS 12% Smart Action 6% Facebook 5% Phone Idle 4% Cell Stand By 4% Com.Motorola.Service.Main 4% Wifi 3% Android System 3% Voice Calls 3%. What can I do to make this better? The screen brightness shows at about 30% I would guess. I had it on auto brightness but heard that drains it quick.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links