DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 159
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: International travel with Razr Maxx

  1. Rescue Squad
    TisMyDroid's Avatar
    Member #
    171269
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    4,462
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    #81
    According to their website, they are supported in the US, so I believe if you install their app, it will probably provide you with the information and resources you need.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums
  2. Junior Droid
    heantune's Avatar
    Member #
    291192
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5
    Phone
    Verizon Droid Razr Maxx
    #82
    The Tru Phone SIM is a global roaming SIM, which roams onto any GMS network in the country you are in - in US it is usually T-Mobile.

    I have other Tru Phone SIMs (full size) in unlocked phones and they work ok here in the USA. I have heard that although the Verizon Droid Razr Maxx is GSM unlocked you cannot use it on a GSM network in the USA. I was wondering if anybody had tried a non Verizon GSM SIM in this phone, while in the USA, to confirm that?

    H

    Quote Originally Posted by TisMyDroid View Post
    I know bsweetness would probably be able to answer your question for certain but it would not seem likely at all. There would have to be the right networks for phone and data here that they use over there. If they have coverage here - active networks here, then yes if you happened to be in their coverage area.

    Think of it this way... Verizon has its coverage area which covers 90% or better of the US and about 200 other countries. You would not be able to use a Verizon sim card where Verizon isn't supported. So it all depends on where that network is supported.

    Bsweetness, please correct where and if I'm wrong.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums
  3. Rescue Squad
    TisMyDroid's Avatar
    Member #
    171269
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    4,462
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    #83
    Quote Originally Posted by heantune
    I have other Tru Phone SIMs (full size) in unlocked phones and they work ok here in the USA. I have heard that although the Verizon Droid Razr Maxx is GSM unlocked you cannot use it on a GSM network in the USA. I was wondering if anybody had tried a non Verizon GSM SIM in this phone, while in the USA, to confirm that?

    H
    I think if you ask Verizon, they will say no because they want you to stick with Verizon. They have repeatedly said that you can not use a foreign sim but you certainly can. I can not see why it would not work on the GSM networks here the same as it does abroad.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums
  4. Junior Droid
    heantune's Avatar
    Member #
    291192
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5
    Phone
    Verizon Droid Razr Maxx
    #84
    SIM should be here by tomorrow, will find out and post the result later this weekend.

    H

    Quote Originally Posted by TisMyDroid View Post
    I think if you ask Verizon, they will say no because they want you to stick with Verizon. They have repeatedly said that you can not use a foreign sim but you certainly can. I can not see why it would not work on the GSM networks here the same as it does abroad.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums
  5. Rescue Squad
    TisMyDroid's Avatar
    Member #
    171269
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    4,462
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    #85
    Thanks...this would be great info, especially for those who travel abroad frequently.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums
  6. Junior Droid
    N1NJA's Avatar
    Member #
    282675
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    14
    Phone
    Droid razor max
    #86
    Quote Originally Posted by TisMyDroid View Post
    GPRS/Internet Connection Settings for the whole world - Page 3 - xda-developers

    Afghanistan MTN GPRS Setting, Afghanistan AREEBA GPRS Setting

    The MTN GPRS setting is simple,

    Account: MTN internet
    APN: internet.mtn.com.af Connection Type: Phone Line (GPRS)
    Username: blank
    Password: blank
    DNS: blank
    ADNS: blank

    APN: internet.mtn.com.af
    User: wap
    Pass: wap
    number: *99***1# ip 192.168.4.145

    If doesn't work leave the user name and password blank.

    Info provided by member maihannijat

    Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums




    the only thing i dont understand is this (number: *99***1# ip 192.168.4.145) where dose it go ?? and i had it working for 24 hrs an now i have no data idk if mtns data is just down or what but had it working so were getting closer

    thank u N1NJA
  7. Junior Droid
    N1NJA's Avatar
    Member #
    282675
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    14
    Phone
    Droid razor max
    #87
    Quote Originally Posted by TisMyDroid View Post
    GPRS/Internet Connection Settings for the whole world - Page 3 - xda-developers

    Afghanistan MTN GPRS Setting, Afghanistan AREEBA GPRS Setting

    The MTN GPRS setting is simple,

    Account: MTN internet
    APN: internet.mtn.com.af Connection Type: Phone Line (GPRS)
    Username: blank
    Password: blank
    DNS: blank
    ADNS: blank

    APN: internet.mtn.com.af
    User: wap
    Pass: wap
    number: *99***1# ip 192.168.4.145

    If doesn't work leave the user name and password blank.

    Info provided by member maihannijat

    Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums




    the only thing i dont understand is this (number: *99***1# ip 192.168.4.145) where dose it go ?? and i had it working for 24 hrs an now i have no data idk if mtns data is just down or what but had it working so were getting closer

    thank u N1NJA
  8. Junior Droid
    N1NJA's Avatar
    Member #
    282675
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    14
    Phone
    Droid razor max
    #88
    Quote Originally Posted by TisMyDroid View Post
    GPRS/Internet Connection Settings for the whole world - Page 3 - xda-developers

    Afghanistan MTN GPRS Setting, Afghanistan AREEBA GPRS Setting

    The MTN GPRS setting is simple,

    Account: MTN internet
    APN: internet.mtn.com.af Connection Type: Phone Line (GPRS)
    Username: blank
    Password: blank
    DNS: blank
    ADNS: blank

    APN: internet.mtn.com.af
    User: wap
    Pass: wap
    number: *99***1# ip 192.168.4.145

    If doesn't work leave the user name and password blank.

    Info provided by member maihannijat

    Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums




    the only thing i dont understand is this (number: *99***1# ip 192.168.4.145) where dose it go ?? and i had it working for 24 hrs an now i have no data idk if mtns data is just down or what but had it working so were getting closer

    thank u N1NJA
  9. Junior Droid
    heantune's Avatar
    Member #
    291192
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5
    Phone
    Verizon Droid Razr Maxx
    #89
    Quote Originally Posted by heantune View Post
    SIM should be here by tomorrow, will find out and post the result later this weekend.

    H
    Testing in USA, Verizon Droid Razr Maxx, Android ICS

    1) Tru micro SIM arrived (Tru - the global mobile network).
    2) Tested SIM in an unlocked GSM phone as a full sized SIM, worked Ok, connected to T-Mobile and I was able to call out and receive calls.
    3) Put micro SIM into Verizon Droid Razr Maxx and switched it on.
    4) Message "The SIM card is from an unknown source"
    5) No cellular or data connection.

    I would be interested to hear if other non-US micro SIMs do the same in this phone when located in the USA. Anybody?
    I will take the SIM on my next out of the USA trip and see if it works in the Droid, but it could be next year before that happens.

    Currently discussing with Tru help desk.

    H
  10. Master Droid
    Bilgediver's Avatar
    Member #
    122836
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    On Board a ship
    Posts
    919
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 1
    #90
    If that's true, i could never have used my droid2global overseas with a foreign sim card, came back to the us and my Verizon sim was just fine. In fact i tested it by making an expensive call while i was overseas and it worked fine. Honestly unless i can see how they do it, i call b.s. on the so called disabling sim card thing.

    Sent from My Droid RAZR MAXX with Tapatalk.
    Droid RAZR MAXX/ DROID 2 Global/ DROID 1 with DROID 2 EXTENDED BATTERY (BP7X - 1860 mAh)
    ICS /Stock 2.2/UltimateDroid 1.0.0
    Stock Kernel/ChevyNo1's ULowV 1.25 GHz kernel
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Razr Maxx OS vs G Nexus OS? Maxx Felt Snappier?
    By daudi81 in forum Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-11-2012, 06:59 AM
  2. Is the Droid 1 any good during international travel?
    By RenegadeX28 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-18-2011, 09:46 PM
  3. International Travel Question
    By jutang in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-14-2010, 05:19 PM
  4. International Travel Question
    By tiffer16 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-29-2010, 01:53 PM

Search tags for this page

can i use my droid razr maxx in europe
,
droid razr global
,

droid razr international

,

droid razr maxx global

,

droid razr maxx international

,
droid razr maxx international travel
,
droid razr maxx international use
,
razr maxx global
,

razr maxx international

,
using droid razr in europe
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+