Concise reply on using a UK sim in a US razr maxx with complete success? (with data)
So, since the VZN RAZR Maxx has been updated to ICS for a good while now, I'd like to get a solid explanation from someone who has used this U.S. device in the U.K on a local pre-paid microSIM with success. Both voice AND data in the U.K. on a "3", Orange, O2 or Vodafone sim.
I would like to use mostly data when I'm on travel in the UK and Europe, so this information is most important to me, rather than just voice service usage.
Specifically, I'd like to know if you did the following?
1. Powered down the Verizon RAZR Maxx while in the U.S.
2. Purchased a prepaid microSIM with a U.K. carrier once there, installed sim and powered it on.
3. Did you have to get the VPN/APN settings from the carrier shop? Because there are prepaid SIM vending machines at LHR that won't provide that info, so is there a way to get the correct APN/VPN settings on the web ahead of time? (This is apparently needed in order to use data overseas on a compatible sim plan)
4. Did everything work fine there?
5. I imagine you have to power back down in the U.K. before boarding the plane, remove UK sim, replace with original VZN sim and power back up once in the U.S. again. Did the VZN service work without a hitch? Did you have to change back the VPN/APN settings? This is important to me because I have a grandfathered unlimited data plan that I don't want to mess with.
Thank you, and I look forward to a response that will put this to bed, once and for all.