DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Seeing as "the Cone melted" who has the Hot! GoLauncher set-up? (on Maxx or Razr)

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    83 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx

Seeing as "the Cone melted" who has the Hot! GoLauncher set-up? (on Maxx or Razr)

I had a pretty nice set-up and deleted it ALL on the evening of 6/11/12 () so, anybody have GoLauncher/GoLocker/etc set-up. I turned my teenagers onto it and you should see their phones. Amazing!
    Spinning screens, different text packages, ALL kinds of customized stuff (boogles the mind) I just don't want to ask them.
    I turned them onto it so, trying to maintain Hero status while it lasts, I pray they don't ask me a question.
    As usual in about 4 minutes they went way past where I was.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Twitter
    @LegalAmerican4
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    I use Go Launcher, and GO SMS. I like both, but I still want ICS more.
    Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX!
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    83 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Well, I broke down and tactfully asked 2 of them for some input, I see several downloads required Go'this and that at this point, I will report back if anyone carse.
    This stuff is Slick! Fast and no bugs that I can see. IF this was something we had all been "waiting for" we'd be impressed IMO.
  4. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    Not to burst anyone's bubble, but haven't there been some threads about Go Launcher getting things kinda buggered up? I know it doesn't make sense if it were so, considering the incredibly large impact it has made and how many themes and plugins there are out there for it, but I am just mentioning for a hint of caution.

BTW, I'd love to see what the kids did with theirs... the spinning screen thing caught my eye. Could you tell us which combination gives you that?

"Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    83 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    As always Fox your words of caution are appreciated and I will watch closely, Thanks for the heads up. Been doing it myself for about 3 weeks and two of my teenagers (maybe 3) for a week - No problems thus far. I will report back and also find out an answer to your question Fox.
  6. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    You're welcome. Your opinion is valued here too, so I wouldn't want to be the DEV of an app that fails you!

"Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    209 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSS View Post
    I had a pretty nice set-up and deleted it ALL on the evening of 6/11/12 () so, anybody have GoLauncher/GoLocker/etc set-up.
    I don't mean to sound mean, but you deleted your entire set-up based on an unfounded rumor from C|Net? I am assuming that you are not familiar with the way C|Net tends to report things based on rumor? They used to be somewhat decent back in the '90s, but now they are just like places like boygeniusreport, they post rumors as fact.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    I have been using Go Launcher for a year or so and it isn't snappy at all switching screens and going to the app drawer is in slow mo...just haven't found another launcher that's up to par. I want stock ICS already

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    83 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave12308 View Post
    I don't mean to sound mean, but you deleted your entire set-up based on an unfounded rumor from C|Net? I am assuming that you are not familiar with the way C|Net tends to report things based on rumor? They used to be somewhat decent back in the '90s, but now they are just like places like boygeniusreport, they post rumors as fact.
    Hmmm, Well the fact that you reference sounding mean I think that renders that point - moot.
    As for Cnet rep, I always had always (naively apparently) have found the info helpful ....so anyway Ummm any suggestions are welcome about fun stuff to do on the phone!
  10. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxKat
    Not to burst anyone's bubble, but haven't there been some threads about Go Launcher getting things kinda buggered up? I know it doesn't make sense if it were so, considering the incredibly large impact it has made and how many themes and plugins there are out there for it, but I am just mentioning for a hint of caution.

BTW, I'd love to see what the kids did with theirs... the spinning screen thing caught my eye. Could you tell us which combination gives you that?
    I think but, as always not 100% sure, that the Go problems are not from Go Launcher, Go Locker, Go SMS or any of the other Go apps that have been developed by the Go development team. I think the Go problems come from some Go apps, themes, or plug-ins that have been developed by others. I use all of the above with no problems (knock on wood) but just recently I had updated the purple version of Neon free Go Launcher Ex theme by 7k. Immediately after updating I started getting ads in my notification status area. Air push detected that as the problem app, I uninstalled it, ads disappeared.
    I think as long as you stick with the apps by the go developer team you will be okay. I have also had good luck with ZT.art's go apps. I won't be using 7k's anymore.

Like FoxKat suggested, some go apps will give you problems so, as always, install then keep watch.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links