DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Your opinions please; move on or not!

  1. Droid Newbie
    Beccaria's Avatar
    Member #
    258950
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1
    Phone
    Motorola Razr Maxx
    #1

    Your opinions please; move on or not!

    The Samsung S3 will be available on June 22. Why would you move from the MAXX to the S3, or not?

    Thanks.
  2. Moderator
    bsweetness's Avatar
    Member #
    42719
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,481
    Liked
    361 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member
    #2
    The only things the S3 has that interest me is a larger screen with a higher resolution and a better camera (with the way Android handles apps, the increased RAM really won't be all that noticeable in everyday use, nor will the slightly higher clock speed on the processor).

    But those things aren't enough for me to jump ship, especially when you look at the downsides that are likely to come with the S3. Battery is of course a major thing. It's doubtful an OEM extended battery will be released that will get the S3 up to par with the MAXX, and third-party parties always fall far short of their ratings. So, battery life won't begin to touch the MAXX. Something that's even more important to me than battery life is reception. Every Samsung Android phone I've had on Verizon has had poor to mediocre reception (Fascinate, Charge, Stratosphere, Galaxy Nexus). The Galaxy Nexus was the worst of them all. I found the Galaxy Nexus to be a great device, but a horrible phone because of the reception issues. I hope Samsung has figured out how to do proper CDMA and LTE radios with the SIII, but my experience with them makes me very leery of giving them another shot (until some serious reviews come along), especially when the MAXX has the best reception around. I'm also not a fan of Touch Whiz. Far too cartoony for my taste. Motorola's current skins are the least intrusive of all of the major OEM skins, and on the ICS leaks, the skin is even more minimal. The build quality is also second to none on the MAXX, especially compared to Samsung's devices.
    FoxKat likes this.
    Current lineup: Galaxy S5, iPhone 5S, Note 10.1 (2014)

    Previous smartphones: Note 3, HTC One, Note 2, Galaxy S3, One X, RAZR MAXX, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, Note, iPhone 4S, Bionic, Stratosphere, Charge, Vitality, Incredible 2, Thunderbolt, Palm Pixi Plus, Droid 3, Fascinate, Incredible, Droid Pro, Droid 2 Global, Droid X, Droid, Treo Pro, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Q9m, XV6800, XV6900

    Previous tablets: iPad Mini, Transformer TF300, Evo View, Transformer Prime, Transformer TF101, Thrive, gTablet
  3. Rescue Squad
    Sydman's Avatar
    Member #
    90551
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Austin, Tx
    Posts
    3,406
    Liked
    698 times
    Phone
    Nexus 5
    Premium Member
    #3
    Yeah not even the Droid Fighter could pull me away from my MAXX, the S3 stands no chance of swaying me away from the happiness that is the Droid Razr MAXX.
    FoxKat likes this.
  4. Droid
    neoterixx64's Avatar
    Member #
    187271
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    74
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    #4
    Sticking with maxx. Phone is awesome, even at stock.
  5. Junior Droid
    mineolasmitty's Avatar
    Member #
    50709
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Mineola, Texas
    Posts
    18
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    #5
    I will stay with the Maxx. Best phone I have owned.
  6. Super Moderator
    FoxKat's Avatar
    Member #
    54290
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    8,588
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by bsweetness View Post
    The only things the S3 has that interest me is a larger screen with a higher resolution and a better camera (with the way Android handles apps, the increased RAM really won't be all that noticeable in everyday use, nor will the slightly higher clock speed on the processor).

    But those things aren't enough for me to jump ship, especially when you look at the downsides that are likely to come with the S3. Battery is of course a major thing. It's doubtful an OEM extended battery will be released that will get the S3 up to par with the MAXX, and third-party parties always fall far short of their ratings. So, battery life won't begin to touch the MAXX. Something that's even more important to me than battery life is reception. Every Samsung Android phone I've had on Verizon has had poor to mediocre reception (Fascinate, Charge, Stratosphere, Galaxy Nexus). The Galaxy Nexus was the worst of them all. I found the Galaxy Nexus to be a great device, but a horrible phone because of the reception issues. I hope Samsung has figured out how to do proper CDMA and LTE radios with the SIII, but my experience with them makes me very leery of giving them another shot (until some serious reviews come along), especially when the MAXX has the best reception around. I'm also not a fan of Touch Whiz. Far too cartoony for my taste. Motorola's current skins are the least intrusive of all of the major OEM skins, and on the ICS leaks, the skin is even more minimal. The build quality is also second to none on the MAXX, especially compared to Samsung's devices.
    What she ^ said!

    "Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  7. Master Droid
    GSdub510's Avatar
    Member #
    140021
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    358
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    #7
    I am still within the 14 day return so I keep debating whether I should return the Maxx and pre-order the S3...I like this phone but the S3 looks real nice.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums
  8. Junior Droid
    yellowcanary73's Avatar
    Member #
    97772
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    7
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by GSdub510 View Post
    I am still within the 14 day return so I keep debating whether I should return the Maxx and pre-order the S3...I like this phone but the S3 looks real nice.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums
    Have to remember it may look nice but does it work for what you want I jumped from a DROID X to the Samsung Galaxy Nexus was a great big mistake. The screen was nice ICS was nice but then came the draw backs very slow rotation,rebooting,reception and worse of all battery life really hated charging 2 to 3 times a day with the 2100 extended battery which is the same battery the S3 comes with. I realllove being able to charge at night then not charge again till the next night and still have 50% in reserve.
  9. Droid Ninja
    huskur's Avatar
    Member #
    11527
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Lower Delaware
    Posts
    1,885
    Liked
    111 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by bsweetness View Post
    The only things the S3 has that interest me is a larger screen with a higher resolution and a better camera (with the way Android handles apps, the increased RAM really won't be all that noticeable in everyday use, nor will the slightly higher clock speed on the processor).

    But those things aren't enough for me to jump ship, especially when you look at the downsides that are likely to come with the S3. Battery is of course a major thing. It's doubtful an OEM extended battery will be released that will get the S3 up to par with the MAXX, and third-party parties always fall far short of their ratings. So, battery life won't begin to touch the MAXX. Something that's even more important to me than battery life is reception. Every Samsung Android phone I've had on Verizon has had poor to mediocre reception (Fascinate, Charge, Stratosphere, Galaxy Nexus). The Galaxy Nexus was the worst of them all. I found the Galaxy Nexus to be a great device, but a horrible phone because of the reception issues. I hope Samsung has figured out how to do proper CDMA and LTE radios with the SIII, but my experience with them makes me very leery of giving them another shot (until some serious reviews come along), especially when the MAXX has the best reception around. I'm also not a fan of Touch Whiz. Far too cartoony for my taste. Motorola's current skins are the least intrusive of all of the major OEM skins, and on the ICS leaks, the skin is even more minimal. The build quality is also second to none on the MAXX, especially compared to Samsung's devices.
    I am going to order the SG3 and use it a week or 2 and decide. At least the SG3 has a battery you can switch out if need be. Thats an easy solution for the somewhat weaker battery compared to the Maxx. Anyway, if you are in the position just get the SG3 and try it (OP). The phone you don't like can be a spare or you can switch the SIM and use both.

    I am going to try it. The bigger the screen the better. I am trying to find a phone (like the note) to replace my laptop on business trips
    Last edited by huskur; 06-14-2012 at 09:42 AM.
  10. Master Droid
    GSdub510's Avatar
    Member #
    140021
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    358
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowcanary73

    Have to remember it may look nice but does it work for what you want I jumped from a DROID X to the Samsung Galaxy Nexus was a great big mistake. The screen was nice ICS was nice but then came the draw backs very slow rotation,rebooting,reception and worse of all battery life really hated charging 2 to 3 times a day with the 2100 extended battery which is the same battery the S3 comes with. I realllove being able to charge at night then not charge again till the next night and still have 50% in reserve.
    With the amount of times my phone drops data, the S3 can't be worse

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Using Move To to move emails to folders in Gmail
    By stanwelks in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-09-2011, 04:10 PM
  2. opinions please
    By mouthrulez in forum Cyanogenmod - X
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-05-2011, 08:52 PM
  3. v3 opinions
    By actngrezy in forum Project Elite
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 11-12-2010, 06:57 AM
  4. Hey everyone. Need opinions...
    By jjd228 in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-04-2010, 12:04 PM
  5. Your opinions please.
    By Coots in forum LithiumMod
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-29-2010, 03:28 PM

Search tags for this page

droid razr maxx vs galaxy s3

,

droid razr maxx vs samsung galaxy s3

,
galaxy s3 vs droid razr maxx
,

galaxy s3 vs razr maxx

,
motorola razr maxx vs samsung galaxy s3
,

razr maxx vs galaxy s3

,
razr maxx vs s3
,
s3 vs razr maxx
,

samsung galaxy s3 vs droid razr maxx

,
samsung galaxy s3 vs motorola droid razr maxx
,

samsung galaxy s3 vs razr maxx

,
samsung s3 vs razr maxx
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+