DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Should I return my Razr Maxx - 2 days left - shutting off problems - Fastboot

1. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ndtaylor77 View Post
    Really? You had to ask if these things were normal?
    Really? Was this comment and attitude really necessary? Please keep it civil if not warm and fuzzy.
    TisMyDroid and jsullivan like this.

"Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    razr maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxKat

Really? Was this comment and attitude really necessary? Please keep it civil if not warm and fuzzy.
    I was only kidding. My apologies for not making this clear with smiley faces and dancing bananas.
  3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ndtaylor77 View Post
    I was only kidding. My apologies for not making this clear with smiley faces and dancing bananas.
    Well your alleged sarcasm in that original post wasn't just felt by me. It was actually reported to me by another member as well, and still others may have simply chosen to ignore you. As for this post, your apparent apology is appreciated though I must say I'm sensing a bit of alleged sarcasm here as well. Although a smiley face might have been apropos, a dancing banana would imply a celebration and I'm not sure what there is to celebrate about in your original comment. It's easy for someone to make a comment that was meant to be perhaps mildly insulting, and when called upon later for it immediately claim it was misinterpreted Tom Foolery (not to imply that this is what you're trying to do here, mind you).

To the relevant point, what may seem to you like an innocent poke of fun at someone can come off quite differently to others. Since there is no way for others to hear the inflection in your voice as you're "saying" something, and we can't see the smirk on your face, the only way for you to convey that what you say in jest is to be taken that way is by the use of emoticons, and even that isn't foolproof. If you believe using emoticons is somehow beneath you, or you think your intention may somehow still be misinterpreted then please allow me to suggest unless you are adding valuable content for the benefit of others that you refrain from sarcasm so as to prevent your jest from being misinterpreted as something else.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 with Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.

"Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    83 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    To the Op, Glad to hear of your successful trip and result at the Verizon store. Please let us know how the new one is doing.
    They are great devices.
    Fox- Thanks for your Leadership and tact. Humor is a wonderful thing. Sarcasm in a Forum really serves no purpose and frankly, it's old.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Razr
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSS View Post
    To the Op, Glad to hear of your successful trip and result at the Verizon store. Please let us know how the new one is doing.
    They are great devices.
    Fox- Thanks for your Leadership and tact. Humor is a wonderful thing. Sarcasm in a Forum really serves no purpose and frankly, it's old.
    After one week - new phone is working perfectly! There was definitely something wrong with the first one.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    83 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by SJsRazr View Post
    After one week - new phone is working perfectly! There was definitely something wrong with the first one.
    Cool ! Excellent news, thanks for the update. Hope you enjoy this one and get lots of trouble free use out of it.
    Think about a case of some sort now that you are settled. Several nice ones out there. I have an OtterBox Commuter. Nice protection without increasing size too much.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links