DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone with this phone and a Ford car w/Sync?

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Anyone with this phone and a Ford car w/Sync?

Ok guys, I am ready to pull my hair out here. I recently purchased a brand new 2012 Ford Focus with Sync and MyFord Touch. Anyhow, my Maxx is pairing just fine with the Sync system and calls are fine as well as it downloading my phone contact list.

However, text messages aren't being recognized by the Sync system like they should be. There are people with this phone on the Focus forum that I visit and they say it works. I've done everything that I can think of and it doesn't work for me. I've repaired my phone to it, did a master reset of the Sync system, wiped my phone and started fresh, etc.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Nobody??
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Razr MAXX HD
    Quote Originally Posted by WizeGuyDezignz View Post
    Ok guys, I am ready to pull my hair out here. I recently purchased a brand new 2012 Ford Focus with Sync and MyFord Touch. Anyhow, my Maxx is pairing just fine with the Sync system and calls are fine as well as it downloading my phone contact list.

However, text messages aren't being recognized by the Sync system like they should be. There are people with this phone on the Focus forum that I visit and they say it works. I've done everything that I can think of and it doesn't work for me. I've repaired my phone to it, did a master reset of the Sync system, wiped my phone and started fresh, etc.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
    Sorry I can't be of much help to you. I drive a 2011 F-150 Super Crew with SYNC. Mine doesn't have the my-touch system and I don't get too many texts while in the car. The few that I do get seem to come through just fine, though.

Droid Razr MAXX

Droid Razr MAXX HD 12/29/2012

4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    droid razr
    Hi there! Wow I was hoping for more responses on here too =) I do have droid razr & just got a new 2013 ford escape. Still trying to learn everything! Do you have a fave music app yet?

Andria~
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    S4
    Syncs with my 08 focus sync just fine. And texts work for me
    Let's see how much i enjoy the s4.
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    61 times
    Twitter
    @listen2theman92
    Phone
    Rooted DROID RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by andria View Post
    Hi there! Wow I was hoping for more responses on here too =) I do have droid razr & just got a new 2013 ford escape. Still trying to learn everything! Do you have a fave music app yet?

Andria~
    Poweramp is the best out there. The EQ is great and it sounds good streaming via Bluetooth to the Sync head unit

As for the sync issue, my parents 2011 F150 works great with a RAZR, DROIDX, LG Ally and Bionic.
    -Brad
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    I just upgraded from a Droid X to a Droid Razr Maxx. I have a Ford and a Mercury, both with Sync. My Droid X had no problems with downloading the phonebook to the cars, but the Droid Razr Maxx will not. It doesn't recognize it. When I have the bluetooth on, I will get a message on my phone asking for the bluetooth device (the car) to have access to my phone book. I say "OK" and then nothing happens. Sync will read texts from my phone and will pick up calls made manually with the phone. I just can't speak any commands to make calls where a phonebook contact will be called.

I had no issues with the previous phone. Both phones used Gmail contacts to maintain my contact info.

Any ideas? This is driving me crazy!
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    S4
    Also make sure your sync system is completely up to date. I know I had phones that wouldn't sync with the system on my focus. Also check the system and make sure the texts and stuff are enabled.
    Let's see how much i enjoy the s4.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Razr MAXX HD
    Quote Originally Posted by paploo View Post
    I just upgraded from a Droid X to a Droid Razr Maxx. I have a Ford and a Mercury, both with Sync. My Droid X had no problems with downloading the phonebook to the cars, but the Droid Razr Maxx will not. It doesn't recognize it. When I have the bluetooth on, I will get a message on my phone asking for the bluetooth device (the car) to have access to my phone book. I say "OK" and then nothing happens. Sync will read texts from my phone and will pick up calls made manually with the phone. I just can't speak any commands to make calls where a phonebook contact will be called.

I had no issues with the previous phone. Both phones used Gmail contacts to maintain my contact info.

Any ideas? This is driving me crazy!
    I also upgraded from a Droid X to a Razr MAXX. I have had none of the issues you mention. My transition from one instrument to the other was flawless.

Droid Razr MAXX

Droid Razr MAXX HD 12/29/2012

10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    131 times
    Phone
    Droid Maxx
    My wife and I both have Maxxs and both drive Fords with Sync. Both my wife's Flex and my Mustang work fine with either phone, but it took a few tries to get it to pair properly with both cars. Have you tried unpairing and pairing the phone again?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links