DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Now that Facebook app sucks...

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Lol, i use friendcaster and i like it a lot. A lot of settings and a good-looking interface... But lately I've been having problems with the push notifications. I think it's something with the leak I'm on though, idk..

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Friendcaster
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid -> Galaxy Nexus
    I have tons of issues with Friendcaster and it throws errors at everything except for simple things like posting status updates or replies. Can't respond to most notifications because of this except replies and friend requests.

Not complaining though as it's not Friendcaster fault. My security settings in Facebook itself are set very high. Friendcaster could just be updated though to handle this a little more elegantly then it currently does as no thought it seems went into how to handle these issues. I bet lots of people get these same errors that it do and have no clue why and blame the app itself. I just use it though to reply to stuff once in a blue moon though so it does all I need, and looks a lot better and is a LOT smoother (as others have said) than the official FB app. Actually I'm not sure why I even have it installed as for all my needs using the browser works just fine. I can get into the desktop version if I need to and it works just fine for everything I do. And now that I've thought about it I think I am just gonna uninstall Friendcaster.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    DROID RAZR MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvesterX™ View Post
    I have tons of issues with Friendcaster and it throws errors at everything except for simple things like posting status updates or replies. Can't respond to most notifications because of this except replies and friend requests.

Not complaining though as it's not Friendcaster fault. My security settings in Facebook itself are set very high. Friendcaster could just be updated though to handle this a little more elegantly then it currently does as no thought it seems went into how to handle these issues. I bet lots of people get these same errors that it do and have no clue why and blame the app itself. I just use it though to reply to stuff once in a blue moon though so it does all I need, and looks a lot better and is a LOT smoother (as others have said) than the official FB app. Actually I'm not sure why I even have it installed as for all my needs using the browser works just fine. I can get into the desktop version if I need to and it works just fine for everything I do. And now that I've thought about it I think I am just gonna uninstall Friendcaster.
    Agreed. To me, it's a really really polished and smooth app. I wish FB could look smooth like this. For me, when I first installed FriendCaster, it took about 2 minutes to load for the first time. Also, it seems like Wifi doesn't work with the app when I have it turned on -- not sure what that's about. I uninstalled it when I tried replying to someone's status and it gave me an error.. I'm on the lookout again.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    139 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    I use Socialize and Fast Facebook. Fast is still in beta but it's pretty good. They have a thread in here. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...wich-beta.html
    Socialize is nice too. Very smooth.
    Droid does...Apple bites

6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    DROID RAZR MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by LoudRam View Post
    I use Socialize and Fast Facebook. Fast is still in beta but it's pretty good. They have a thread in here. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...wich-beta.html
    Socialize is nice too. Very smooth.
    Interesting. Sounds familiar for some reason. Going to look into this. Thanks

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2.
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Full version for Facebook from active9. Download from active9.com
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    244 times
    Phone
    Maxx, Maxx HD, Razr Maxx
    The problem with the browser is that when you open a post, then back out of it, it takes you back to the beginning of the newsfeed, instead of where you were.
    Friendcaster is ok, but I never saw all of my friends posts. Even my mom, who I have set as a close friend (notification of when she makes a post), wouldn't show any of updates for her. It was much too irritating for me. So I've just dealt with the stock app. I haven't noticed any issues since the last update a few days ago *knocks on wood*
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    The app often takes a ridiculously long time to load. I usually just give up and close it. Once in a while it's quicker, but the norm is it's slow as molases. I did a search once and saw posts from years ago complaining about the same issue, so, it's nothing new. It's a PIA, but I'll usually go to the browser and open up the full web page which loads quickly. It kinda defies logic that a downsized phone app should take so much longer to respond.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    DROID RAZR MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by RicKaysen View Post
    The app often takes a ridiculously long time to load. I usually just give up and close it. Once in a while it's quicker, but the norm is it's slow as molases. I did a search once and saw posts from years ago complaining about the same issue, so, it's nothing new. It's a PIA, but I'll usually go to the browser and open up the full web page which loads quickly. It kinda defies logic that a downsized phone app should take so much longer to respond.
    Yeah. For me, pictures take the longest to load. Sometimes, I can't get them to load at all. Everything worked fine awhile back for me, but it seems to suck more and more.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links