DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Razr Maxx Vibrate Is Weak

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Razr Maxx Vibrate Is Weak

I love my razr maxx but I cannot feel it vibrate and miss a lot of calls. I tried other maxx phones and razr's at the store and they are all the same intensity. I'm still within my 14 day return period and thinking about returning. But, I really don like any of the other phones that Verizon has. Maybe te galaxy s3 will have stronger vibrate?

Any ideas what I should do?
  2. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1421 times
    Phone
    DROID ULTRA MAXX
    Premium Member
    This is unfortunately a known issue for the razr and the maxx. It can be remedied usually by turning the phone off and back on.

I don't use vibrate on my device, never have, so i really don't know what to tell you.

Taking back the maxx is up to you, just remember, you'll be plugging in wherever you go with another phone.

I like both of my maxx's very much.

Also the s3 may not have the same quality of radios as the maxx. We don't know yet, since it won't be released for a month. Also I have no experience with Samsung. I'm sure a person with more Samsung experience will come along and chime in... sorry I couldn't help more

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!
    FEEL THE POWER OF DROID!!!
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    DROID RAZR MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by jj1123 View Post
    I love my razr maxx but I cannot feel it vibrate and miss a lot of calls. I tried other maxx phones and razr's at the store and they are all the same intensity. I'm still within my 14 day return period and thinking about returning. But, I really don like any of the other phones that Verizon has. Maybe te galaxy s3 will have stronger vibrate?

Any ideas what I should do?
    I've been through exactly what you're going through. I was within my 14-day period and this happened on the 12th day, so I was looking for answers immediately.

Don't worry about factory resetting and having to reinstall apps and log back into things -- I've done that to no success.

I actually took my phone to verizon to be on the safe side. I'd much rather have them note all my issues and/or concerns so that if I ever need to replace or return my phone for whatever reason, they will see MANY attempts at calling and going to the store to get the issue resolved.

Ultimately, I went to Verizon and the guy was on phone with tech support. After 15 minutes of doing all the petty BS (make sure vibrate is on, trying another call to be sure, etc.), he turned it off for approximately 3-4 minutes and back on, and it started working again. He took the sim card out while it was turned off too, but I doubt this contributed to the fix.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    This is a problem for me as well. I miss quite a few calls due to the weak vibration.
    I saw a few apps that allow me to customize the vibration, but they all seem to be for SMS messages, and not incoming call vibrations.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

Links