DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: I think my screen colors are off :(

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    244 times
    Phone
    Maxx, Maxx HD, Razr Maxx

I think my screen colors are off :(

I just realized, while holding my phone at an angle so that it was not as bright, that when it is straight on, there is a yellow tint to everything, and when tilted, white is a crisp white. I know I've seen some other posts commenting on colors being off. I'm wondering if it might be my anti-glare screen protector. Ugh.

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    244 times
    Phone
    Maxx, Maxx HD, Razr Maxx
    I wish there was a way to calibrate phone screens!
    jroc likes this.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiescivic View Post
    I just realized, while holding my phone at an angle so that it was not as bright, that when it is straight on, there is a yellow tint to everything, and when tilted, white is a crisp white. I know I've seen some other posts commenting on colors being off. I'm wondering if it might be my anti-glare screen protector. Ugh.
    That's standard for an Amoled screen. Your yellowish whites are much better than the Samsung Nexus' blue-whites, trust me.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    83 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    The anti-glare screen protector really degrades everything about the screen, I took mine OFF and put a standard one on.
    Much much better, yes fingerprints but..... can't have everything.
  6. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1416 times
    Phone
    DROID ULTRA MAXX
    Premium Member
    I think if you look in the PS there might be color calibration tools. But you may have to be rooted

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!
    FEEL THE POWER OF DROID!!!
  7. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...nslab.sa&hl=en (and at least one or two other similar utilities), will allow you to increase the Blue & Red slightly (5-15) to offset the warmer screen color and that will take the Yellow/Green tint away. You can play with the ratio between Red and Blue (as well as Green) and "calibrate" the screen to a close visual approximation to White where White should be. The only downfalls to this method are as follows:

1. When the screen brightness changes, the warmth of the screen colors change as well, sort of like when you dim a lightbulb and it goes from White to a Reddish Yellow. This natural trend will impact how the Screen Adjuster will affect the overall screen colors, such that at lower screen brightness you may find it needs slightly more adjustment away from the Yellow/Green and towards the Blue & Red.
    2. I found that when Screen Adjuster is active, APK files that are downloaded to the SD Card from sources other than the Play Store (such as a website, Amazon.com, or already stored from a backup), will not install properly, due to the "Install" button being grayed out. If you go into Settings, Applications, Running Services, and kill the Screen Adjuster first, then the APK will install properly. It's a strange bug but 100% reproducible.

Aside from those two issues, I've found it quite effective.
    jroc likes this.

"Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    244 times
    Phone
    Maxx, Maxx HD, Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxKat
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...nslab.sa&hl=en (and at least one or two other similar utilities), will allow you to increase the Blue & Red slightly (5-15) to offset the warmer screen color and that will take the Yellow/Green tint away. You can play with the ratio between Red and Blue (as well as Green) and "calibrate" the screen to a close visual approximation to White where White should be. The only downfalls to this method are as follows:

[*]When the screen brightness changes, the warmth of the screen colors change as well, sort of like when you dim a lightbulb and it goes from White to a Reddish Yellow. This natural trend will impact how the Screen Adjuster will affect the overall screen colors, such that at lower screen brightness you may find it needs slightly more adjustment away from the Yellow/Green and towards the Blue & Red.[*]I found that when Screen Adjuster is active, APK files that are downloaded to the SD Card from sources other than the Play Store (such as a website, Amazon.com, or already stored from a backup), will not install properly, due to the "Install" button being grayed out. If you go into Settings, Applications, Running Services, and kill the Screen Adjuster first, then the APK will install properly. It's a strange bug but 100% reproducible.

Aside from those two issues, I've found it quite effective.
    I'll say it again, I <3 you! I will try this tomorrow when I'm bored at work lol
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    79 times
    Phone
    R2 unit
    Why would you do this to me. I hadn't noticed that when tilted that the whites are perfect. If this phone wasn't stupendous I would be tempted to be mildly disgruntled.
    If we all agree on it, it must be true.[citation needed​]
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    244 times
    Phone
    Maxx, Maxx HD, Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by zomnomnombie
    Why would you do this to me. I hadn't noticed that when tilted that the whites are perfect. If this phone wasn't stupendous I would be tempted to be mildly disgruntled.
    LOL, sorry!
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    I don't have the yellow tint issue. Not as white as my iPad but tolerable. What I really don't like about AMOLED screens is the over saturation........
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links