Odd - on the original droid I can connect to either win xp or win 7 machines & never have an issue. Just trying to connect the Maxx to pc running win 7, no notification, pc didn't even show anything. Went to setting>applications>developments>tried checking on or off usb debugging option. Still no dice.
On moto website, I found the following guidelines under how to transfer files to/from droid razr maxx for win 7:
1. Connect the supplied USB cable into your device, then into your computer. Please ensure your device is powered on and unlocked.
2. When you plug in the device for the first time, the PC will ask to install drivers, click OK to continue. (If your device is not being recognized you may need to update your drivers HERE )
3. Go to Notifications (by touching the notifications bar at the top of the phone's screen and dragging it down)
4. Touch the “USB connection” notification
5. Touch USB Mass Storage. Computer will recognize handset as an external drive.
I tried downloading & running the latest driver on step 2 but still nothing happened. Has anyone run into the same problem & found a solution? Thanks.