DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Need Help Please

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx

Need Help Please

My son decided to try to put a "custom rom" on his Droid Razr Maxx and now the phone will not work...add to that that the white light keeps coming on, I'm guessing the battery is drained...I downloaded the droid utility and the drivers but when I plugged the phone into my pc it didn't even register as a device...again I'm guessing because of the battery. We just want to get the phone back to normal...Any help would certainly be appreciated as my son needs his phone....Thank you very much, Angel

3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaringAngel View Post
    My son decided to try to put a "custom rom" on his Droid Razr Maxx and now the phone will not work...add to that that the white light keeps coming on, I'm guessing the battery is drained...I downloaded the droid utility and the drivers but when I plugged the phone into my pc it didn't even register as a device...again I'm guessing because of the battery. We just want to get the phone back to normal...Any help would certainly be appreciated as my son needs his phone....Thank you very much, Angel
    Angel, off the battery is dead any attempt to flash a recovery rom onto the phone will fail. First, make sure the phone is powered off, then plug the phone into the stock motorola charger. You may have to wait for wire a while for the phone to charge, but if you see an animated battery, that's a good sign. Wait till the battery says 100%, to check, tap either of the volume buttons. Once fully charged, go to the Droid Hacks section and download the Droid Razr Utility (the stickie thread at the top). Using the utility, restore the phone to stock (option 1). You will need to put the phone into USB Debugging mode, and then into Fastboot mode before doing the restore.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 using Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.
    Last edited by FoxKat; 05-23-2012 at 09:32 PM.
    CaringAngel likes this.

"Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Just one more thing my son says the custom rom did not have a runme file and that was what caused his issues....We are leaving the phone to charge for the night and praying someone here has a suggestion that will help us restore his phone....Thanks guys, sweet dreams when you all get there!
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxKat View Post
    Angel, off the battery is dead any attempt to flash a recovery rom onto the phone will fail. First, make sure the phone is powered off, then plug the phone into the stock motorola charger. You may have to wait for wire a while for the phone to charge, but if you see an animated battery, that's a good sign. Wait till the battery says 100%, to check, tap either of the volume buttons. Once fully charged, go to the Droid Hacks section and download the Droid Razr Utility (the stickie thread at the top). Using the utility, restore the phone to stock (option 1). You will need to put the phone into USB Debugging mode, and then into Fastboot mode before doing the restore.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 using Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.

Thanks Fox, we will wait until tomorrow and we will be back and I've already downloaded the specified files!!!! Huggsssssssss and thank you so much!
  6. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    Thanks Fox, we will wait until tomorrow and we will be back and I've already downloaded the specified files!!!! Huggsssssssss and thank you so much!
    We're not out of the woods yet. If the phone isn't charging you have only a couple difficult options available. Let me know if the animated battery appeared when you plugged the phone in. At least I'll know that's going OK.
    CaringAngel likes this.

"Professor FoxKat"
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx

no battery icon at all

Quote Originally Posted by FoxKat View Post
    We're not out of the woods yet. If the phone isn't charging you have only a couple difficult options available. Let me know if the animated battery appeared when you plugged the phone in. At least I'll know that's going OK.
    No animated battery on my way to drive the kids to school, be back around 9:30am EST....hugs!
  8. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    No animated battery on my way to drive the kids to school, be back around 9:30am EST....hugs!
    Wow, you leave early for the drive. It's 5:33am here. OK, so you didn't see an animated battery indicating it was charging. You tried pressing one of the volume buttons briefly and didn't get the screen to wake up? If so, the charging system isn't initiating and your options are as said before...

Either fashion or purchase a How/why to make your own Motorola "Factory Cable" (which charges and supplies power to the phone even when the charging system isn't waking up), or bypassing the power jack on the phone and by opening the back and jumpering the power cables directly to the battery terminals, charging directly ( )

The first option is the safest by far. The second option will void the warranty and if not careful you can potentially overcharge the battery resulting in permanent damage to it. Technically, the warranty is already void due to rooting and flashing of ROMs, but those issues are technically reversible. Opening the case may be detectible and therefore irreversible, and certainly if the battery is damaged due to the second option the factory will know and void the warranty as well.
    CaringAngel likes this.

"Professor FoxKat"
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Fox, when we try to use option 1 it says cannot find specified path....can you tell me why? what am I doing wrong? We do still have the battery issue...works plugged in we are able to get to the recovery and ap fastboot...can this be done via SD card as the phone goes to 0 battery when plugged into the computer....
  10. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    Fox, when we try to use option 1 it says cannot find specified path....can you tell me why? what am I doing wrong? We do still have the battery issue...works plugged in we are able to get to the recovery and ap fastboot...can this be done via SD card as the phone goes to 0 battery when plugged into the computer....
    First, you have to extract the entire zip file to the c:\ root directory of your computer's hard drive, and then in the folder it creates, right click on the .bat file and choose to send to desktop as a shortcut. Then run the shortcut from the desktop and it will be able to successfully find the files and folder.

CaringAngel likes this.

"Professor FoxKat"
  11. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Tried to do it via SD card and it says E-Signature verification failed, Help?
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Links