DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Shutdown

  1. Droid
    bl8demast3r's Avatar
    Member #
    252475
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    50
    Liked
    4 times
    Twitter
    bl8demast3r
    Phone
    DROID RAZR MAXX
    #1

    Shutdown

    So the phone just completely turns off to a black screen when I'm doing something. This happened Three times, Two times on trying to open a .MP4 File and One time with trying to edit a picture in an app. I have a lot of battery life left so its not dead, I can tap the power button and instantly the Moto logo will pop up. I've also been experiencing another problem with Haptic feedback, sometimes it will randomly stop working but then come back about 30 seconds later. Could this be a problem with the phone? Any help will be much appreciated!
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Rescue Squad
    Sydman's Avatar
    Member #
    90551
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Austin, Tx
    Posts
    3,406
    Liked
    698 times
    Phone
    Nexus 5
    Premium Member
    #2
    First question would be what have you done to the phone besides install APPS? Rooted, ROM'd, debloated, anything else? Try booting into Safe Mode and see if you still have the problem, if you don't it is an APP causing the problem. With the phone off, power on the phone and as soon as you seen the M logo press and hold the volume and down key until you see "Safe Mode" in the corner of the screen.
  4. Droid
    bl8demast3r's Avatar
    Member #
    252475
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    50
    Liked
    4 times
    Twitter
    bl8demast3r
    Phone
    DROID RAZR MAXX
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydman View Post
    First question would be what have you done to the phone besides install APPS? Rooted, ROM'd, debloated, anything else? Try booting into Safe Mode and see if you still have the problem, if you don't it is an APP causing the problem. With the phone off, power on the phone and as soon as you seen the M logo press and hold the volume and down key until you see "Safe Mode" in the corner of the screen.
    I did nothing to the phone since day one other then put a case on it and install apps. I booted into Safe Mode and still had both problems.
  5. Senior Droid
    jeff70's Avatar
    Member #
    254985
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    119
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    #4
    maybe in-pocket detection is causing the problem if you are using that, I can't remember if it is turned on by default when you get the phone

    settings>>display>>[uncheck] In-pocket detection
    Last edited by jeff70; 05-22-2012 at 03:18 PM.
    All your base are belong to us
  6. Super Moderator
    FoxKat's Avatar
    Member #
    54290
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    8,588
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by bl8demast3r View Post
    So the phone just completely turns off to a black screen when I'm doing something. This happened Three times, Two times on trying to open a .MP4 File and One time with trying to edit a picture in an app. I have a lot of battery life left so its not dead, I can tap the power button and instantly the Moto logo will pop up. I've also been experiencing another problem with Haptic feedback, sometimes it will randomly stop working but then come back about 30 seconds later. Could this be a problem with the phone? Any help will be much appreciated!
    So let me clarify, when your phone screen goes black, the phone is actually completely powering down and then the first thing you see when you hit the power button is the Motorola logo? If so, you may not have all the battery power you think you have.

    If it's powering completely off, I would suggest powering the phone off, plugging in the charger and allowing it to charge for 3 hours, then unplugging and powering it up. Then use the phone all the way to the "Low battery" warning at 15%, and then power the phone off again and charge like before.

    "Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  7. Droid
    bl8demast3r's Avatar
    Member #
    252475
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    50
    Liked
    4 times
    Twitter
    bl8demast3r
    Phone
    DROID RAZR MAXX
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxKat View Post
    So let me clarify, when your phone screen goes black, the phone is actually completely powering down and then the first thing you see when you hit the power button is the Motorola logo? If so, you may not have all the battery power you think you have.

    If it's powering completely off, I would suggest powering the phone off, plugging in the charger and allowing it to charge for 3 hours, then unplugging and powering it up. Then use the phone all the way to the "Low battery" warning at 15%, and then power the phone off again and charge like before.
    Yes the screen is completely black in an instant, it only happens when I'm doing something like for example the .MP4 file, when I try to play it then the phone shuts off. I see the battery life every time I unlock the screen its fine. But even when I have it plugged in it will still completely shutdown the phone in an instant.
  8. Super Moderator
    FoxKat's Avatar
    Member #
    54290
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    8,588
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by bl8demast3r View Post
    Yes the screen is completely black in an instant, it only happens when I'm doing something like for example the .MP4 file, when I try to play it then the phone shuts off. I see the battery life every time I unlock the screen its fine. But even when I have it plugged in it will still completely shutdown the phone in an instant.
    Humor me for a few and power off the phone tonight (press and hold power, then choose power off from the menu). Then plug in the phone and leave it be overnight. Tomorrow, unplug it, power it up and use it until it hits 15%, then repeat the charge process with the power off. If after that you still suffer what you're going through, I would take it to the VW store and show them.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 using Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.

    "Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  9. Super Moderator
    94lt1's Avatar
    Member #
    247267
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    SE TX
    Posts
    10,940
    Liked
    1417 times
    Phone
    DROID ULTRA MAXX
    Premium Member
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxKat

    Humor me for a few and power off the phone tonight (press and hold power, then choose power off from the menu). Then plug in the phone and leave it be overnight. Tomorrow, unplug it, power it up and use it until it hits 15%, then repeat the charge process with the power off. If after that you still suffer what you're going through, I would take it to the VW store and show them.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 using Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.
    Not to butt in, but make sure you charge the device with the supplied charger and cable, from a wall socket.

    DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!!
    FEEL THE POWER OF DROID!!!
  10. Droid
    bl8demast3r's Avatar
    Member #
    252475
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    50
    Liked
    4 times
    Twitter
    bl8demast3r
    Phone
    DROID RAZR MAXX
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxKat View Post
    Humor me for a few and power off the phone tonight (press and hold power, then choose power off from the menu). Then plug in the phone and leave it be overnight. Tomorrow, unplug it, power it up and use it until it hits 15%, then repeat the charge process with the power off. If after that you still suffer what you're going through, I would take it to the VW store and show them.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 using Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.
    Okay ill try that thanks!

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Pro rebooting after shutdown
    By badcat in forum Motorola Droid Pro
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-17-2011, 02:37 PM
  2. random shutdown
    By kduff581 in forum Thunderbolt Tech Support
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 07-13-2011, 05:16 PM
  3. Automatic Shutdown!!
    By jgwarrick in forum UltimateDroid
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-07-2011, 04:49 PM
  4. froyo shutdown?
    By motomaniac in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-23-2010, 05:52 PM
  5. BlackDroid Mod shutdown?
    By ChefGregg89 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-21-2010, 07:06 AM

Search tags for this page

completely power down razr maxx
,
droid 4 shutdown
,
droid razr m shutdown
,

droid razr maxx just shut off

,

droid razr maxx shut down

,

droid razr shutdown

,
motorola droid maxx shutdown
,
power shutdown on motorola razor
,
razor m randomly powers
,

razr maxx shut down

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+