DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Phone reports SD card was encrypted by another device - but it wasn't

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    RAZR MAXX
    Something similar happened to me the other day also...... Message popped up saying "blank sd card". Totally out of the blue, the sd card just went blank. Phone won't read it. Tried sd card into computer too. Empty. Not sure if something in the phone erased it or what. Totally baffled and bummed out. 3 years of pics and hundreds of music songs gone. Sorry about you luck man, and your lost files. I feel you..... :-(
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID RAZR

Droid RAZR Memory Card Encrypted just by Screen Lock

I only used the screen lock with a 4-digit pin, & when my battery went down to 0% overnight, I recharged it & when the phone rebooted, it came up with a prompt to enter a password to decrypt storage. I never selected the options to encrypt device or memory card since I didn't want to deal with remembering a password to get to my data quicky. I had to use the 4-digit pin to decrypt & access the phone. Before the battery went down, the screen lock came up overlayed onto the screen, & upon entering the pin, I could get to my phone & data. After I got access to my phone, upon checking the security settings, the device & memory card encryption boxes were checked. It did it on it's own when the phone went down to 0% or just by the screen lock.

A week later my sound went out on the phone & yes the volume was up. I called Verizon Tech Spt & when the 1st option of doing a cache partition wipe didn't work, he suggested resetting to factory default. I told the Tech about what happened the week before. He told me to save my data onto the memory card, then I powered down, took out the memory card, then did a factory reset. After adding the memory card & rebooting the phone, I was prompted with "SD Card has been secured by another device & can't be accessed unless formatted." Then another msg came up with "SD Card Password Protection: Failed to verify SD Card security settings. Encrypted content isn't accessible." Verizon suggested trying to upload to my PC to see if it was visible.

I put the memory card in my card adapter & tried to upload to my PC. It uploaded half of the pics & videos, but the others weren't accessible. I couldn't access my contacts file or SMS backup file.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Links