DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to stop deleting email on my PC when I delete from my phone

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Maxx1976, ya, the BB fed everything (texts/emails/visual voice mail, etc) into one icon...making it very easy to go thru the communications and reply.

Quote Originally Posted by ricks View Post
    Are you looking for an app that puts all your emails accounts in one page?
    Ricks, funny thing is that last week when I first was tinkering w/my razr maxx, there was a Suggestion from my handset that gave me an app/widget that fed everything into a widget(?) on my home screen that I could "swipe" thru. Was actually pretty cool. I removed it, and now can't find it anymore. If you or anyone else can help my find out what that was and where it went, I'd like to revsit it. Can't remember if that was before or after my ICS upgrade. My handset/android does offer me a Combined View for all my different email accounts, putting all the incoming email in one list if I want to view them that way, which is nice and why I went with android and not iOS after ditching my BB.

Also, I deleted and re-installed my AOL and Yahoo (Mail+) accounts. This time, instead of using the handsets "AOL" and Yahoo account set-up icons, I went with "Other" icon and installed the email accounts manually. For AOL, I used:
    POP Setup Information
    •Email Address: your_email_address@aol.com

•POP Username: your_email_address@aol.com

•Incoming Mail Server: pop.aol.com

Remember to check the option for leaving messages on the server
    •SMTP Outgoing Server Address: smtp.aol.com

Set the port to 587
    •SMTP Username: your_email_address@aol.com

•SMTP Password: same as used to login to Mail

This is now allowing my handset to NOT erase the emails on the server when I delete from the handet. Better yet, the mails in the server New Mail folder go from bold to regular when they are read on my handset so when I login from a laptop/desktop, I can still see which ones are new/unread (Bold) and which ones are not. Overall, I'm very happy with the move from BB to Droid Razr Maxx!
    Last edited by Charlie123; 07-09-2012 at 12:44 PM.
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Razr Maxx

Razr Maxx deleting emails from server fix

I had to set up my email account as a pop account. After tapping the menu from the home screen. I went to system settings, then Accounts & sync, Add account, Email, then Other (not AOL though my account is with AOL). After putting in my address and password 2 buttons popped up, "Manual setup" and "Next"....I tapped Manual setup'
    3 buttons popped up next, POP3, IMAP and Exchange...I tapped POP3. At the bottom of the next window there is a button "Delete email from server" and you may choose Never or "when I delete from inbox"
    There is a forum [https://motorola-global-portal.custh...-razr-maxx%3F] that helped me set it up and lists a number of other email accounts and their incoming ports, etc.
    I hope this helps!
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Quote Originally Posted by carlderfler View Post
    I had to set up my email account as a pop account. After tapping the menu from the home screen. I went to system settings, then Accounts & sync, Add account, Email, then Other (not AOL though my account is with AOL). After putting in my address and password 2 buttons popped up, "Manual setup" and "Next"....I tapped Manual setup'
    3 buttons popped up next, POP3, IMAP and Exchange...I tapped POP3. At the bottom of the next window there is a button "Delete email from server" and you may choose Never or "when I delete from inbox"
    There is a forum [https://motorola-global-portal.custh...-razr-maxx%3F] that helped me set it up and lists a number of other email accounts and their incoming ports, etc.
    I hope this helps!

I am having the same issue. I also am a business owner who needs to be able to respond to urgent messages when I am on the road and have all my messages available at the office.

A workaround is using POP instead of IMAP on the phone, and setting the "Delete email from Server" option to "never".

However, I don't want to use POP and download all my email message and attachments in their entirety. This uses up a lot of data unncessarily as I get a ton of email. I want to use IMAP, download only the headers of emails on the phone and only download and respond to any urgent messages, have an option to "delete only from handset" on the phone so I can keep it cleaned up, and go back to the office and still have all my emails on my machine.

Standard on the blackberry, not possible on my android phone, as far as I can tell.

I am displeased by the lack of this feature.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links