DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Trash Can

Thread: 4.9% of Android Phones run ICS

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx

Angry 4.9% of Android Phones run ICS

ICS is over six months old and is being used on a whopping 4.9% of android phones as of May 1 2012, (FYI ICS was released October 2011)

I am not sure if that is one of the most ridiculous or saddest facts I have have ever read, probably equally both
    All your base are belong to us

3. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    698 times
    Phone
    Nexus 5
    Premium Member
    How about the fact that the 4.9% probably won't be too much higher towards the end of the summer when Jelly Bean is supposed to be hitting. Thank your phone manufacturers and cell providers.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    and when my 2 year contract ends I am sure Verizion will be offering me a new phone with a 4-5 month old OS with the promise of an upgrade to the latest version vaguely sometime in the future

Verizon uses the delay time to make sure they pack in all the bloatware into the new version, I can only imagine the disappointment of millions customers if they did not include a compatible version of Vcast and all those other crap apps with a new update
    All your base are belong to us
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    85 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Never buy a product based on a promise or expectation of an update and you'll never be disappointed. Be happy with it as is when you walk out the door -- any updates from the manufacturer are a bonus.
    bsweetness and Adam74 like this.
  6. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    698 times
    Phone
    Nexus 5
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trash Can View Post
    Never buy a product based on a promise or expectation of an update and you'll never be disappointed. Be happy with it as is when you walk out the door -- any updates from the manufacturer are a bonus.
    Yeah like the Motorola Xoom, didn't they promise LTE within the first couple months and it took over a year right?
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Trash Can View Post
    truer words may never have been spoken...
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff70 View Post
    ICS is over six months old and is being used on a whopping 4.9% of android phones as of May 1 2012, (FYI ICS was released October 2011)

I am not sure if that is one of the most ridiculous or saddest facts I have have ever read, probably equally both

That's why you root and ROM. Had ICS on my Maxx for awhile...
  9. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1417 times
    Phone
    DROID ULTRA MAXX
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trash Can
    This is true. BUT lets be realistic. Even if the customer bought the phone only because they loved the phone right then and there, that's where the warm fuzzy feeling ends. Be it from buyers remorse or something they heard, or possibly the device is too complex for them....the cold hard truth is that most people are only happy with their device at the time of purchase.

Its seems this is how we are as a society. Always looking for the bigger better deal, never happy with what we've got, especially if the prospect of getting something now, and even more later, comes into play.

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!
    Last edited by 94lt1; 05-02-2012 at 10:04 PM.
    FEEL THE POWER OF DROID!!!
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post
    That's why you root and ROM. Had ICS on my Maxx for awhile...
    You shouldn't have to do that sorta alternative to have current OS.. even Microsoft makes sure people have updated PC's.
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by sava700 View Post
    You shouldn't have to do that sorta alternative to have current OS.. even Microsoft makes sure people have updated PC's.
    No they don't. One you have to PAY for a new version of the OS. Two often the new version of the OS is designed with newer hardware in mind.

Ex: Windows 8 is really gonna need a touch screen to be effective. And here we are talking about devices that for the most part can take the same version of the OS. My install DVD will work on my machine and on yours. In the case of any phone the OS provided by Google is just a baseline that has to be customized to run the hardware present on the device. You aren't buying an OS from one vender(Microsoft) and getting hardware drivers from another vendor(Dell).

Honestly expecting ANY upgrade to your phone is pure bonus. It is not required nor should it be expected.

Links