DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: A scratch!!

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx

A scratch!!

Yikes! I've been so pleased with the aesthetic of this phone I've not yet managed to bring myself to put it in a case or to put a screen protector on it. As a result I have some shallow tiny scratches on the screen. I assume these are in the anti glare coating but I'm still really unhappy. Sooo who is using what screen protector and why?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeryn from Farscape
    It's not you, it's me. I don't like you.

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Droid Maxx
    With my d1 I went naked for 2 years and the screen is perfect. I put one on the maxx this time until I get used to the phone or for at least a year. I have noticed my screen protector has some scratches on it. Another reason is I let my wife use the maxx the other day and she was very careless about where she puts it. My d1 is now used by wife at home on wifi only with a screen protector on it.
  4. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1417 times
    Phone
    DROID ULTRA MAXX
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiesline
    Yikes! I've been so pleased with the aesthetic of this phone I've not yet managed to bring myself to put it in a case or to put a screen protector on it. As a result I have some shallow tiny scratches on the screen. I assume these are in the anti glare coating but I'm still really unhappy. Sooo who is using what screen protector and why?
    Can you feel the scratches with your fingernail??? I've heard of people using mothers metal polish and polishing the scratches right out. Use caution when attempting anything like this. It could exacerbate the problem.

Something a person may try, try tooth paste, not the gel, but normal toothpaste, a very very small amount on the tip of you finger.... and work it over the scratch. It may do the trick.

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!
    FEEL THE POWER OF DROID!!!
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    RAZR Maxx
    Yeah my girlfriends RAZR has the same little scratches. You can't really feel them, but you can see it when you tilt it just right, in the light.

I am in the same boat as you, OP, as I have a case but I elect not to use it just because of how sleek the phone is without it. I love the feel without it and I hate the case so I'm not even using it. I am, however, using a Steinheil ultra crystal screen protector. Definitely worth it, 13 bucks on amazon but they send two in case you mess up. It's a very clear protector, and it feels as good as screen protectors can feel. Make no mistake, it doesn't feel as good as a completely nakey screen, but still isn't bad at all.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Razr MAXX, Droid 1(retired)
    I drop mine all the time...(knock on wood)...Nothing yet. (shrug)
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by 94lt1 View Post
    Can you feel the scratches with your fingernail??? I've heard of people using mothers metal polish and polishing the scratches right out. Use caution when attempting anything like this. It could exacerbate the problem.

Something a person may try, try tooth paste, not the gel, but normal toothpaste, a very very small amount on the tip of you finger.... and work it over the scratch. It may do the trick.

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!
    most of them no.. one of them I can. Im not sure I want to risk makeing it worse
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeryn from Farscape
    It's not you, it's me. I don't like you.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx HD :)
    Mine goes in my left pocket all the time and nothing else does. No scratches on the Bionic I had for a while, and the RAZR is safe so far {knock on wood}
    DocsDad likes this.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiesline View Post
    Check this thread and link out. It worked for my son. It actually filled/covered his scratch.

Screen Scratches
  10. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    698 times
    Phone
    Nexus 5
    Premium Member
    To answer your question, I switch between the Steinheil Ultra Fine and the Ultra Clear screen protectors. I love the clarity of the Ultra Clear, but hate thing fingerprints. Then I love the non finger prints of the Ultra Fine and the matte feel, but don't like the fuzziness of it.

As far as why I use one, it is because of posts like this. I love my phone and want to protect it the best way possible. Same reason I use an Ottorbox so I limit the chances of me having to make a post like others saying my Razr is cracked or what not.
  11. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    I always just get the clear ones at the Verizon store and I have someone at the store apply it...because there always seems to be at least one person who is an expert at it. And they definitely do a much better job than I do. They come three to a pack but so far I have always only just used the one. I also demand that all my kids keep one on their phones (as long as I am paying the bill they can do this one thing). To me they seem almost as naked as the phone ...so much so that I accused my son of removing his and he had to prove to me it was still on by peeling the corner. If you get a clear one and it is applied correctly, the difference is virtually unnoticeable.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Links