DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: possible water damage

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    Phone
    Vzw Droid RAZR
    The backs actually come off very easy with some gentle prying.

As for the water damage, if you have insurance it doesn't matter what you did to it you just have to pay the deductible to get a replacement. Because otherwise if you're talking about taking it back to Verizon as a warranty, you are talking about fraud . Anybody who breaks their phone should have the integrity, accountability, and responsibility to not go looking for a free phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk
    FoxKat and Vulcan1600 like this.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Since its supposed to resistant to water with the nano coating...I see warranty claim...not fraud by any means.

sent from a RAZR on mah Harley.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Water resistant not water proof so its a insurance claim. If the sticker show that it has water damage you will get charged if you try to exchange it as a Warranty exchange.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    139 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    I say do what you can to save it. If you can't and since it is sold as water resistant try for a warrenty claim but be honest with what happened. Maybe the nano coating was defective. If they approve it...great and it wont be fraud or illegal.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums
    Droid does...Apple bites

5. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    245 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crxlsturbo View Post
    No they won't know. Just to be on the safe side. Make sure its dry. My wife accidently put her gnex in the washer last week. So all I did was call Verizon and told them the phone just died and it doesn't turn on. I do pay for insurance on both my Rezound and gnex. So Verizon next day air my wife's gnex and all if good. You should be fine. Just don't tell them you poured water on it. Haha

Sent from my HTC Rezound
    No, the store reps may not know, but if you get a warranty replacement and sent back to VZW, they will look at it, and if they determine it was water damage, you will have a huge bill on your hands.
    Thank you to all who have served or are serving our great country. You're always in my thoughts and prayers.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. - Ronald Reagan
    --------

6. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    245 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ultra09hd View Post
    Since its supposed to resistant to water with the nano coating...I see warranty claim...not fraud by any means.

sent from a RAZR on mah Harley.
    Water damage is water damage. If you take it into the bathroom and you take a shower the moisture in the air can also ruin the phone. That is also an insurance claim and not a warranty issue.
    Thank you to all who have served or are serving our great country. You're always in my thoughts and prayers.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. - Ronald Reagan
    --------

7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droidx
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan1600 View Post
    Water damage is water damage. If you take it into the bathroom and you take a shower the moisture in the air can also ruin the phone. That is also an insurance claim and not a warranty issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle King 76 View Post
    The backs actually come off very easy with some gentle prying.

As for the water damage, if you have insurance it doesn't matter what you did to it you just have to pay the deductible to get a replacement. Because otherwise if you're talking about taking it back to Verizon as a warranty, you are talking about fraud . Anybody who breaks their phone should have the integrity, accountability, and responsibility to not go looking for a free phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

I was starting to agree with these arguments but you lost me here. What if you go from your cold airconditioned home and step outside into hot humid air and the phone suddenly stops working? Would you be prohibited from making a warranty claim for actions that fall under normal use? Similarly, a minor spill on a phone (inside a pocket) sold as water resistant seems to be within normal use of such a phone. Nevertheless, very few if us, and I assume the OP, are Engineers that are experts in phone failure causation. Perhaps it is mere coincidence that the OPs phone failed after the minor spill and there was actually a latent defect in manufacture. Nothing wrong or immoral with sending in a phone for warranty failure and leaving it to the trained experts to determine the true cause of death.

Sent from my DROID RAZR maxx from Droid Forums
    Last edited by Parzec; 05-01-2012 at 06:43 AM.
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Phone
    HTC ThunderBolt/ S3
    Quote Originally Posted by Parzec View Post
    I was starting to agree with these arguments but you lost me here. What if you go from your cold airconditioned home and step outside into hot humid air and the phone suddenly stops working? Would you be prohibited from making a warranty claim for actions that fall under normal use? Similarly, a minor spill on a phone (inside a pocket) sold as water resistant seems to be within normal use of such a phone. Nevertheless, very few if us, and I assume the OP, are Engineers that are experts in phone failure causation. Perhaps it is mere coincidence that the OPs phone failed after the minor spill and there was actually a latent defect in manufacture. Nothing wrong or immoral with sending in a phone for warranty failure and leaving it to the trained experts to determine the true cause of death.

Sent from my DROID RAZR maxx from Droid Forums
    Wrong u think the phone just happened to malfunction after having water spilled on it? Lol... If u send it in u will be charged if it has water damage. Just because it has this imaginary nano coating does not do anything to the warranty it says water resistant NOT WATERPROOF. And it being water resistant does not extend the warranty in any way through water damage and u say u only spilled a lil there is no way to prove that so if ur feeling lucky send it in but u better have the 650$ on hand if it gets denied they will auto bill u and there is no way getting the device u sent in back

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by kparks

Wrong u think the phone just happened to malfunction after having water spilled on it? Lol... If u send it in u will be charged if it has water damage. Just because it has this imaginary nano coating does not do anything to the warranty it says water resistant NOT WATERPROOF. And it being water resistant does not extend the warranty in any way through water damage and u say u only spilled a lil there is no way to prove that so if ur feeling lucky send it in but u better have the 650$ on hand if it gets denied they will auto bill u and there is no way getting the device u sent in back

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
    Its already been 2 weeks since I sent back my wife's gnex. So we'll see if they auto bill me. I haven't seen anything yet.

Sent from my HTC Rezound
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    It took verizon months before they charged my account for a phone i turned in. Quickly got it taken off but dont feel to safe if its been only two weeks. In my case they sent a txt before they hit my account with the charge. Whatever department receives these phones are slow as snails when it comes to opening up the boxes to check out the phones.
    Last edited by Chukee; 05-01-2012 at 07:17 PM.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Links