I got it in VA. Not sure what it's supposed to do/fix. Anyone know?
I received it this morning also when I went in and checked the systems updates. I haven't really noticed anything different. It didn't solve my haptic feedback problem though. The vibration still fades out and in.
Motorola has released an OTA update for their Droid RAZR and RAZR MAXX devices. The update will bring devices to 6.12.181 and is currently being pushed out over the air by Verizon. While the update isn't Ice Cream Sandwich, it does bring quite a few notable fixes including:
- Optimized device performance to extend battery life
- Improved text messaging to ensure timely receiving of texts
- Modified the storage settings screen to clarify total, available, and used storage space
- Implemented IPV6 support over cellular connection and WiFi to facilitate updated interaction with the network
- Corrected 4G coverage indicator to accurately display data connectivity
- Improved Wi-Fi hotspot connectivity when utilizing WPS security
- Enhanced device security preventing unauthorized access of telephony database by 3rd parties
- Added new MotoCast widget to enable easier access to MotoCast files
- Implemented several fixes to improve MotoCast performance
- Improved visual voicemail performance with data disabled and visual voicemail notification delivery
- Corrected loud call end and connect tones over Bluetooth®
- Fixed Share app functionality to directs users to the app page in Google Play
- Added easy access to bookmarks through a press and hold on the back key
If you haven't received the update you can manually check for it by going to setting>about phone>system update. Check it out and let us know what you think.
17mb I was not expecting to notice much of a visual difference, but I do have the update and have not noticed any internal changes. Hopefully my data will stop dropping for no reason, that was happening recently with the older .173.
I got the OTA this morning so it should filter out to the other regions in the next couple of days if you don't have the update yet
I haven't noticed much change but the update was mostly under the hood fixes so that is what I expected
I have been going through all my apps and have seen no problems so far from the OTA
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
All your base are belong to us
Running Stock Samsung Galaxy S4
IMO, it was foolish of them to waste time and money testing and then pushing an update for an OS thats a year and a half old, who cares? ICS has been out 6 months. Why don't they spend their time and efforts focusing on delivering that? I am already running 4.0.3 and it runs perfect so I don't care really but I have a feeling they are stalling because they want the new Razr HD to get ICS first. Way to treat your loyal customers eh?