DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Maxx owners..If you had to get a verizon phone

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid x

Maxx owners..If you had to get a verizon phone

IF you had to in the next couple days. I'm torn. Galaxy Nexus is $149 on Amazon, but I'm really not that impressed. Buddy @ work has it, doesn't seem snappy enough I dunno, but $149 is hard to pass up. Then theres HTC Rezound ( I love htc phones even though I'm rockin an X now) and it's available for like $100. It seems to have everything I want, except battery life like every other droid, which brings me to my next point The Maxx $229, seems to have the the best build quality, but the display is supposedly weakest of the 3. I have played with all 3 devices, but in a store setting, certain lighting etc...the maxx def is snappy tho and did the ICS update roll out last week? Any complications/imperfections? Im not sure what to do. Is batt life really that good? Like 3300 mah? Worth it you for an extra $130-$80? Weigh in.
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Phone
    Razr MAXX
    The screen is not bad on the maxx, its just not as good as nexus.

DROID RAZR MAXX
  3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    FWIWs over at vzw.com you can get the extended battery for the ReZound for $29. Add it to your cart to see the savings, DON'T trust the product page.

So, you can get the ReZound and an extended battery for around $129. Which is still cheaper then the Galaxy NEXUS, and should have the battery power of the MAXX.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid x
    Agreed, however the extended batt also alters the dimensions of the device, and for some reason I'm not sold on the build quality..tend to drop all my phones at least a few times. I think I really want the maxx and I'm trying to justify spending the extra $ by posting on this board,gonna surf the nexus forums for awhile.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Twitter
    @LegalAmerican4
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    I'm glad I got the Maxx, but I got the leap day sale. The battery is better than any extended battery because its huge, yet the phone stays super thin!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
    Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX!
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back to CA or somewhere away from snow!!
    Liked
    52 times
    Phone
    Note II, Razr Maxx
    I got 2 Maxx's during the Bogo and I am happy I did...If I had not been able to I would spend the 300 VZW. With that said I wouldn't look at it as spending and extra 80 to 130, I would look at it as saving 70.00 by going through amazon...Yes you can get extended batteries and make the over all cost lower but like you said it changes the dimension and weight.

The screen might be a lil better on the GNex but if you aren't holding them side by side all day you won't see a big difference and as a side note I don't believe the GNex has an external SD card...
    How People Treat You Is Their Karma
    How You React Is Your Karma
  7. Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Phone
    DROID Bionic
    Dude the Maxx is Verizon's best phone out ATM. When the Razr HD comes out, it will blow everything else out of the water and create a new standard, guaranteed.
    Also, people will attack me on here for saying you should seriously consider the Bionic- but it really can't be beat when u put an extended battery on that bad boy. Plus I got a standalone charger that always has a battery ready to be popped in if needed, plus the price is amazing. No other phone can rock a big extended battery as well as the bionic n still be sexy. And the bugs were solved along time ago- 2 or 3 updates ago made it perfect and 904 is being released now.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
    tjk629 likes this.
  8. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by bens42608 View Post
    Dude the Maxx is Verizon's best phone out ATM. When the Razr HD comes out, it will blow everything else out of the water and create a new standard, guaranteed.
    Also, people will attack me on here for saying you should seriously consider the Bionic- but it really can't be beat when u put an extended battery on that bad boy. Plus I got a standalone charger that always has a battery ready to be popped in if needed, plus the price is amazing. No other phone can rock a big extended battery as well as the bionic n still be sexy. And the bugs were solved along time ago- 2 or 3 updates ago made it perfect and 904 is being released now.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
    With that .904 update, I completely agree. Since .904 I have zero complaints about the Bionic. That update has solved months of data drops for me.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by latexyankee View Post
    IF you had to in the next couple days. I'm torn. Galaxy Nexus is $149 on Amazon, but I'm really not that impressed. Buddy @ work has it, doesn't seem snappy enough I dunno, but $149 is hard to pass up. Then theres HTC Rezound ( I love htc phones even though I'm rockin an X now) and it's available for like $100. It seems to have everything I want, except battery life like every other droid, which brings me to my next point The Maxx $229, seems to have the the best build quality, but the display is supposedly weakest of the 3. I have played with all 3 devices, but in a store setting, certain lighting etc...the maxx def is snappy tho and did the ICS update roll out last week? Any complications/imperfections? Im not sure what to do. Is batt life really that good? Like 3300 mah? Worth it you for an extra $130-$80? Weigh in.
    Love the Maxx, it for sure has the best build quality and battery life of the 3 phones. No, ICS was not released and won't be for a few months. However, you can get the official leak. I am running it with no issues at all, everything works flawlessly and ICS is awesome. Takes like 3 minutes to root the phone and another few minutes to install ICS.
  10. Abs
    Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid 2
    Lol I wouldn't be able to stand the locked bootloader. The Rezounds battery life does suck no doubt. But the incredible hardware and unlocked bootloader is a combination I couldn't say no to

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Links