DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Maxx owners..If you had to get a verizon phone

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    The camera on the Nexus is 5mp, the Maxx is 8mp. I was going back and forth with which phone to purchase. Maxx camera won me over. Zero regrets.
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    Don't get the rezound. I loved the phone but it had outgoing audio problems on handset and Bluetooth mode. People always complained some even hung up on me. I went through 2 phones same problem. They gave me the regular RAZR and the battery died by noon so i gave it to my mom because she has charger nearby. I got the MAXX and i unplug around 5:30 am and don't have to plug it in till bedtime 10:30 pm. Average 20-30% at bedtime. I use my phone all day long works great.

MAXX'n Out.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid razr maxx
    i would agree with forumjunkie44 stay away from the rezound i had it and hated it
    i had no problems with call quality and the screen was beautiful also the camera was fast as hell
    hardware wise it seems like a GREAT phone but with all the bugs and the battery life i had to dump it
    maybe its htc sense being too bloated but it was very choppy and laggy at times
    also the thing is really thick add an extended battery and its super duper thick
    then there's the small details that they skimped on like no gorilla glass and no water resistant coating
    maybe it was to offset the price of the beats headphones? idk
    all i know i wasn't happy with it at all
  4. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    My son loves his rezound except outside. I spent the weekend touring college campuses with him and he kept having to use my Maxx because w were outside and he could not see his screen at all. The Maxx screen is the only Android phone I have had where I can see the display easily in bright sunlight.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForums
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Quote Originally Posted by TisMyDroid View Post
    My son loves his rezound except outside. I spent the weekend touring college campuses with him and he kept having to use my Maxx because w were outside and he could not see his screen at all. The Maxx screen is the only Android phone I have had where I can see the display easily in bright sunlight.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForums
    I agree. My last two HTC phones were useless outside in the sun. I would have to find a shaddy spot just to make it bearable.
    I was outside yesterday, with the sun directly behind me and shining on the screen, and I was still able to read my email and text messages.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    From my limited Android experience, I would recommend the Razr Maxx.

I recently switched from Att to Verizon and from an iPhone to Android. Over the last 2 months I tried to research as much as I could so I could make the switch easier. From what I read, I narrowed it down to the Maxx and GNex.

At the store, i spent 30-40 minutes hands on with those two phones. I really liked the screen on the GNex, it was much brighter and seemed clearer. There were a few things I liked better on the GNex because of ICS. Keep in mind that I've never used a android phone before.

I ended up going with 2 GNex phones. I kept both phones for 5 days before taking them back and getting the Maxx.

There were 3 main reasons:

1. The battery life is horrible! A full charge did not last a day of light-moderate usage. I had to plug it in every chance I got. My wife had a similar experience and she barely uses her phone throughout the day.

I had to disable most of the phones features like LTE just to get through the day. Also, the phone uses more juice than the charger can supply. If you have a dead battery, the phone will not work without disabling features while plugged in. It will keep shutting down.

2. The call quality was poor. I had multiple people ask me to repeat myself during phone calls and I had trouble hearing people a few times. My wife had the same experience.

3. The last thing is a minor fact that I overlooked during my research. The GNex does not have expandable storage. 32gb is plenty for most, but not for my needs.

So far the Maxx is great. It should go without saying that the battery is not an issue. There are a few things that I like and dislike, but I'm happy with the Maxx. I dont know if the GNex had it or not, but the Smart Actions feature is awesome. It allows me to program
    actions based on certain conditions like when it connects to my truck's BT or when I plug in the phone at night.

I have not tried any Roms yet, I'll look into that this week. I've been very happy with the Maxx so far.

I hope this helps, good luck.
    Last edited by SilverFoxx; 04-22-2012 at 11:19 AM.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Twitter
    Tkileh
    Phone
    Maxx HD
    Maxx for life. Its incomparable. Battery beats anything and so what screen isnt as good. Its still pretty spectacular not to mention I get to enjoy my screen more since you will be connected to a charger.

Maxxed Out!!!
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    RazMaxx
    The screen is fine on the maxx. I don't understand why so many are obsessed with having the most pristine screen in the world on a phone. My maxx is a phone first and needs to bring down the best RF in the business and it does that. Everything else is gravy. I had one samshung phone years ago and found it to have pretty bad RF capabilities. Apparently they are still lacking in that area from what I read. I don't care how good a screen is if I can't get decent signal what's the point?
    weatherlover1 likes this.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    I too was torn between the Maxx and the GNex. There were a couple of things that pointed me to the Maxx though:

1) Battery life (of course)
    2) Removable storage
    3) Gorilla glass and Kevlar
    4) I just like Motorola phones for build quality and reliability.

That said, I picked up my Maxx yesterday afternoon. This afternoon (26hrs owned) I finished a BT call, locked the phone and put it in my jacket pocket, went into MickeyDs and made an order, pulled the phone out to check the time and nada! Phone was dead as the proverbial doornail! Battery was fully charged too. Would not power on, by instinct with the DroidX (1st one) last 2 years I though "battery pull" oh, forgot... The local VZ store made good and gave me a brand spanky new one though and I am not sorry.

I like the screen, especially outside. The phone feels more solid that the GNex, ICS is on the way at some point, and battery life will rock if I ever own one more than 26 hrs!

I was initially jazzed about the GNex but after comparing it online and in the store to the Razr (non-Maxx) I was on the fence. The Maxx released and soundly put me on the Moto side.

Only 2 complains coming from a DX (which was/is a great phone!) I HATE the USB and HDMI on top and Lock/Pwr being on the side! Other than that the Maxx rocks, so far!
  10. Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Phone
    DROID Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by cbreze View Post
    The screen is fine on the maxx. I don't understand why so many are obsessed with having the most pristine screen in the world on a phone. My maxx is a phone first and needs to bring down the best RF in the business and it does that. Everything else is gravy. I had one samshung phone years ago and found it to have pretty bad RF capabilities. Apparently they are still lacking in that area from what I read. I don't care how good a screen is if I can't get decent signal what's the point?
    Exactly. I don't understand why people act like the screen is so terrible- its a perfectly good screen for a phone. It's not like were hooking our blu ray playets to it

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
    weatherlover1 likes this.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Links