DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Email not very reliable

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx

Email not very reliable

I have 2 email accounts set up on my razr maxx (Gmail and Corporate email). The corporate account is set to fetch every 15 min, and the Gmail is set to push anytime a message is received. This worked great for the first month or so, but now it is very spotty. I'm noticing that that neither account is notifying me when new mail comes is, and I can only get the new messages to show up in the inbox by manually syncing. All my settings and passwords are correct. I have tried restarting etc., and nothing seems to help. I don't care all that much about gmail, but this is pretty crippling for me at work. I know I have heard others complain about this, but I have yet to see a solution. Any experience out there that might help?

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    I had some problems with my corporate email (I use at my college) and my Gmail but the problem always seemed to be a problem with the strength the wi-fi network/network signal I was getting. I only had problems at my college so instead of using the wi-fi network from school I started using the cellular network and it mostly fixed my problems.

I do every once in awhile notice that I do receive mail later on my phone then if I was looking at my laptop but I can live with it and hopefully the 6.12.181 update coming any day now to our phones and later ICS will make improvements to the performance of the Maxx's radios.
    All your base are belong to us
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Phone
    LG G2
    For starters, gmail was having some issues a day or so ago but that has supposedly been resolved.

You may want to check your settings in smart actions to see of you have anything set up to turn off data or syncing during inactivity. I don't usually use smart actions but I was having similar email problems and noticed whenever I woke my phone up, the smart actions icon was in the top status bar and would go away. Somehow "battery extender" mode got activated and whenever my phone was idle and motionless, data and sync were suspended. I disabled the setting and have not had any problems since then.

Hope that helps.

David
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    As long as I stick with cellular (3g or 4g) I have no problems or delays getting e-mail. They get to my phone about the same time as my desktop at work (maybe a second or 2 behind). My wifi connectivity on this phone is VERY spotty. I have stopped using that at home because of the poor connectivity on the phone. My laptop and roku have no connection issues, only the phone.

I have both gmail and exchange set to push.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    Phone
    Droid X2
    Last week or the week before I had the same problem with one of my email accounts. I finally deleted the account and re-added it.
    Now it works fine. Good luck.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

Similar problem with email

On my Droid X, if I reviewed an email on the phone and deleted it, it would automatically delete if from my computer too and vice versa.
    Since I switched to the Droid Razr Maxx I have to delete all emails both times, once on the phone and again on the computer.

Any ideas on how to sync this?
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Same problem here let me know if you find a solution.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedialan View Post
    On my Droid X, if I reviewed an email on the phone and deleted it, it would automatically delete if from my computer too and vice versa.
    Since I switched to the Droid Razr Maxx I have to delete all emails both times, once on the phone and again on the computer.

Any ideas on how to sync this?
    using the Gmail app to check my email when I delete email from my phone the email will not show up in my inbox and the deleted mail can be found in my trash folder when log onto Gmail on my PC

when I use the Motorola email app I have to delete the mail in both places like you describe

also I have observed that I get email pushed to my phone almost instantaneously with the Gmail app but I have lengthy delays waiting for email to arrive using the Motorola email app
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    I have a droid razr and I wanted my email on it and also on my PC. Now all of my inbox is on my phone and nothing on my PC. Is there a way to get it both places.
  11. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by CashCab View Post
    I have a droid razr and I wanted my email on it and also on my PC. Now all of my inbox is on my phone and nothing on my PC. Is there a way to get it both places.
    log into Gmail on your PC with the same Gmail address/password you setup on your phone, use the accounts and import in the Gmail settings to add any additional .live, .hotmail, etc email accounts to have them all load in one convenient place that is easily accessed from your phone or PC
    Last edited by jeff70; 05-19-2012 at 09:39 AM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links