DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Vibration problem

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Twitter
    bl8demast3r
    Phone
    DROID RAZR MAXX

Unhappy Vibration problem

So usually when i'm texting the vibration just stops and nothing has vibration. When I turn the screen off for about 10 seconds and turn it back on the vibration comes back, Is anyone else experiencing this? Or there may be a problem with my phone.

Edit: Sometimes it doesn't come back after turning screen off.

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    ElMalevo
    Phone
    Droid RAZR MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by bl8demast3r View Post
    So usually when i'm texting the vibration just stops and nothing has vibration. When I turn the screen off for about 10 seconds and turn it back on the vibration comes back, Is anyone else experiencing this? Or there may be a problem with my phone.

You're not alone. Same thing happens to my RAZR MAXX as well. It fades out, then returns whenever. I was told that a software update was being pushed out to correct it. Hopefully this one they're talking about will do it.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Phone
    RazrMaxx/Droid1(retired)/dinc2
    Are you guys talking about the notification vibration or hapatic(sp?)feedback...

----posted maxx'ed out----

new server if any of my links are dead notify me, I got new links!
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    ElMalevo
    Phone
    Droid RAZR MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by thaDroidz View Post
    Are you guys talking about the notification vibration or hapatic(sp?)feedback...

----posted maxx'ed out----
    My problem I believe is the haptic feedback. I have it checked, but like I stated, it fades out, then will eventually return. But then it will fade out again. Hopefully this software update will fix it, otherwise I may have to return it and get a new one.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Twitter
    bl8demast3r
    Phone
    DROID RAZR MAXX
    *Bump* Still not fixed after update.
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    droid razr maxx

Razr maxx vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by bl8demast3r View Post
    so usually when i'm texting the vibration just stops and nothing has vibration. When i turn the screen off for about 10 seconds and turn it back on the vibration comes back, is anyone else experiencing this? Or there may be a problem with my phone.

your not alone. I have been having this issue along time now. I have contacted verizon and they have replaced the phone three times already. They said there is no known issue for this problem. Everyone needs to call vz and complain about this so they get it corrected. Just discussing it on the forum won't fix this. Everyone that has this problem call vz and complain. The more complaints the faster it gets resolved.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid MAXX

Issue seems to be getting worse

Not to bring alive an old thread, but this has started happening to me and has been getting worse. Exactly like the OP said, when texting or typing and the repetitive "quick" vibrations seem to cause it to stop vibrating all together. Today I noticed that if I hit or flick the phone near where the vibration motor is the vibration starts to work again. I am thinking these vibration motors have issues. Though I don't remember having this before ICS. Interesting. Very frustrating
    The Stig 04 likes this.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Twitter
    bl8demast3r
    Phone
    DROID RAZR MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by mspampi
    Not to bring alive an old thread, but this has started happening to me and has been getting worse. Exactly like the OP said, when texting or typing and the repetitive "quick" vibrations seem to cause it to stop vibrating all together. Today I noticed that if I hit or flick the phone near where the vibration motor is the vibration starts to work again. I am thinking these vibration motors have issues. Though I don't remember having this before ICS. Interesting. Very frustrating
    You should get a replacement phone if you can that's what I did. Though the first phone they sent me was junk and had horrifying screen problems. I told them about it and the 2nd replacement phone had minor screen problems but at least it works.
    (Really sorry for bringing old thread back but I just seen this guys message and wanted to help)
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I am having the exact same problem as well as having a phone that is really slow now. How easy is it to get a replacement and usually what condition are the replacements in?
  11. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Twitter
    bl8demast3r
    Phone
    DROID RAZR MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by kimisizer View Post
    I am having the exact same problem as well as having a phone that is really slow now. How easy is it to get a replacement and usually what condition are the replacements in?
    Well the phone being slow is something I have to and its probably the hardware, but to get a replacement just call up the Verizon and go to technical support and tell them whats wrong with the phone and they will send you a new one. The condition of the replacements are basically just other phones that other people have returned and Verizon thinks they're fine so they give them back out. Sometimes they will have problems like the first one I got, but just tell them about it and they will send another. Then you just keep your original phone and send back the 1st replacement they sent you and you get another replacement. I think that a lot of the replacements have screen problems or some sort of minor problems because like I said they are used phones sent back by people when they had a problem.
    The Stig 04 likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links