DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Another Battery Question...

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    razr maxx

Another Battery Question...

sorry. I noticed yesterday that the battery icon at the top of my screen does not match said level of battery remaining under settings. It is off by 10% right now. Is that a problem or do I just rely on my battery signal too much? Right now my battery looks full but is actually at 90%. Yesterday afternoon, the battery looked 3/4 full when it was at 50%. When the battery dropped in the red, it seemed kind of sudden, and settings said 20% remaining. I recently completed 2 full cycles of powering off to charge to 100%, drain to 15% (used settings to tell me actual battery discharge), and then recharged to 100% with the power off. Thanks for any input

BTW, I am using a G'Nex charger if that matters. My Maxx is a G'Nex replacement, so I do not have an actual Moto charger.
    Last edited by kellygh5; 04-11-2012 at 08:51 AM. Reason: spelling

3. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    698 times
    Phone
    Nexus 5
    Premium Member
    Yeah the battery icon is more relative than anything, I use the Beautiful Battery meter for mine since I hide the notification bar. The default one stays looking full until it gets to 80% then it goes down a notch, then moves again when it gets around 60 or 50 I believe.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back to CA or somewhere away from snow!!
    Liked
    52 times
    Phone
    Note II, Razr Maxx
    I us Battery Indicator with the 1% hack

It seems to be accurate
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    85 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by kellygh5 View Post
    When the battery dropped in the red, it seemed kind of sudden
    I believe Professor FoxKat once post a chart that shows this is normal.

BTW, I am using a G'Nex charger if that matters. My Maxx is a G'Nex replacement, so I do not have an actual Moto charger.
    You might be able to find a Razr charger on eBay.

I'm sure he'll chime in on this, as well as the rest of your post.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    razr maxx
    Thanks y'all! Appreciate the helpful feedback. I regret not accepting the VZN moto charger (I told them didn't need it), but I'm learning. I've learned more about batteries, charging, & chargers in the past 2 wks than I have in my 1.5 yrs of reading Android forums/news
    Trash Can likes this.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    85 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Thanks y'all! Appreciate the helpful feedback. I regret not accepting the VZN moto charger (I told them didn't need it), but I'm learning. I've learned more about batteries, charging, & chargers in the past 2 wks than I have in my 1.5 yrs of reading Android forums/news
    All of are here to learn. We're fortunate to have Professor FoxKat share his knowledge with us.
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    Phone
    Droid X2
    What does the charger have to do with it? As long as it's with in 10% +_ of the voltage and amperage of supplied unit. I use my kindle, Bluetooth, and a dual output cube from Walgreen. Never had a problem with my X2 and Maxx.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    85 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnytheK View Post
    What does the charger have to do with it? As long as it's with in 10% +_ of the voltage and amperage of supplied unit. I use my kindle, Bluetooth, and a dual output cube from Walgreen. Never had a problem with my X2 and Maxx.
    You haven't had a problem.... yet. Or that you're aware of. Maybe you're damaging the battery/charging circuitry little by little and aren't aware of any long term effects? Or maybe you're doing no harm at all. Who knows, but why not use the charger that came with the phone and eliminate all doubt?

I'll never understand why some people will spend upwards of $600+ for a phone and insist on charging it with $5 knockoff, all the while a factory-supplied charger is included at no extra cost. To each his own.....
    Last edited by Trash Can; 04-12-2012 at 12:49 PM.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    RazMaxx
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticalDreams View Post
    I us Battery Indicator with the 1% hack

It seems to be accurate
    +1 for this. Works well and I like the 1% increments hack. Also comes with a cool and very handy screen lock/unlock toggle feature. I use that alot.
  11. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    Phone
    Droid X2
    Quote Originally Posted by Trash Can View Post
    You haven't had a problem.... yet. Or that you're aware of. Maybe you're damaging the battery/charging circuitry little by little and aren't aware of any long term effects? Or maybe you're doing no harm at all. Who knows, but why not use the charger that came with the phone and eliminate all doubt?

I'll never understand why some people will spend upwards of $600+ for a phone and insist on charging it with $5 knockoff, all the while a factory-supplied charger is included at no extra cost. To each his own.....
    And then again maybe not. I have had PDA's, phones, and smart phones since '95 and have never ruineda battery. Again the voltages and amperage produced are within 10% of the included unit. I'll never understand how some people can buy a $600 phone and not be bothered to turn the charger over and read it's voltage and amperage out put. Jezze dude it's not magic or rocket science.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links