DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 76
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: RAZR Maxx screen is a bummer....

  1. Junior Droid
    LuckyHermit's Avatar
    Member #
    258022
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    5
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    #51
    When I got my MAXX I noticed it had a slight greenish/bluish tinge. Especially at odd angles.. It did bother me for a little while, but now after using it for a month, I have no issues. Well.... Except one. Sometimes it is a little too bright. I wish I could turn the brightness down lower than the current minimum. It hurts my eyes in the normal low light conditions I am in for most of my days.

    I did compare the screen side by side to my wife's htc rhyme, and and her screen is "whiter" but after using both for a while, I like the razr's screen quite a bit better especially outside.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForums
  2. Droid
    mbell75's Avatar
    Member #
    258707
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    68
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    #52
    I would compare the display on the Maxx to a plasma TV. Its not super bright but it displays colors very well, especially blacks. Its not as bright and the colors don't pop quite as much as my previous phones like the S2 but none of that matters when you remember the awesome battery life and speed of the phone
  3. Super Moderator
    FoxKat's Avatar
    Member #
    54290
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    8,589
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    #53
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyHermit View Post
    When I got my MAXX I noticed it had a slight greenish/bluish tinge. Especially at odd angles.. It did bother me for a little while, but now after using it for a month, I have no issues. Well.... Except one. Sometimes it is a little too bright. I wish I could turn the brightness down lower than the current minimum. It hurts my eyes in the normal low light conditions I am in for most of my days.

    I did compare the screen side by side to my wife's htc rhyme, and and her screen is "whiter" but after using both for a while, I like the razr's screen quite a bit better especially outside.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForums
    There are several apps that give you the reduced brightness you're looking for. Screen Filter, Filter Your Screen, and BackLightFilter are just a few. Some are manually operated, and at least one lets you set up brightnesses for particular situations.


    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk with speech to text translation. Please excuse any minor grammatical/punctuation/spelling errors.

    "Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  4. Super Moderator
    94lt1's Avatar
    Member #
    247267
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    SE TX
    Posts
    10,958
    Liked
    1421 times
    Phone
    DROID ULTRA MAXX
    Premium Member
    #54
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxKat View Post
    There are several apps that give you the reduced brightness you're looking for. Screen Filter, Filter Your Screen, and BackLightFilter are just a few. Some are manually operated, and at least one lets you set up brightnesses for particular situations.


    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk with speech to text translation. Please excuse any minor grammatical/punctuation/spelling errors.
    I'm gonna go try some of these out. Just for kicks. Thanx FoxKat.

    sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX
    Last edited by 94lt1; 04-15-2012 at 01:12 PM.
    FEEL THE POWER OF DROID!!!
  5. Senior Droid
    revelated's Avatar
    Member #
    184389
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bothell, WA
    Posts
    213
    Liked
    27 times
    Twitter
    TemptingReviews
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    #55
    Buying a RAZR MAXX for screen quality is like...well...buying a Nexus for its battery life:

    RAZR Maxx screen is a bummer....-you-re-doing-wrong-02.jpg
  6. Droid
    Actuallee's Avatar
    Member #
    230190
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    58
    Phone
    Droid bionic
    #56
    I must say that I love the Gnex screen. It is so great, but to make it even better get the Franco kernel and updater app. Gives you ultimate control. Just amazing color and 300+ ppi

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums
  7. Junior Droid
    wpwoodjr's Avatar
    Member #
    258453
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    10
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    #57
    Quote Originally Posted by 94lt1 View Post
    I'm gonna go try some of these out. Just for kicks. Thanx FoxKat.

    sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX
    You can also try Settings...Display...Brightness...Display Power Saver - this dims bright screens to save power.
  8. Super Moderator
    94lt1's Avatar
    Member #
    247267
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    SE TX
    Posts
    10,958
    Liked
    1421 times
    Phone
    DROID ULTRA MAXX
    Premium Member
    #58
    Quote Originally Posted by wpwoodjr View Post
    You can also try Settings...Display...Brightness...Display Power Saver - this dims bright screens to save power.
    I already have that done. I just like messing with my screen, but Thanx for the heads up!!

    sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX
    FEEL THE POWER OF DROID!!!
  9. Super Moderator
    94lt1's Avatar
    Member #
    247267
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    SE TX
    Posts
    10,958
    Liked
    1421 times
    Phone
    DROID ULTRA MAXX
    Premium Member
    #59
    The apps are pretty cool. I recommend them for night time usage. I was writing an email in bed this morning and with the use of apps like these, my wife didn't get woke up by the bright light. Thank god, cause I'm setting up a suprise visit from her grand parents

    sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX
    FEEL THE POWER OF DROID!!!
  10. Droid
    TripleX's Avatar
    Member #
    102080
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    SW VA
    Posts
    36
    Phone
    Droid X
    #60
    I must say that after I have had the Maxx for over a week my eyes have adjusted to it and I'm liking it a lot better I did check out a GNex... just messed with it for 5 minutes give or take... and screens looked basically the same, keep in mind I didn't stare at it for a hour and compare photo after photo. I did compare brightness levels and adjusted them on the Gnex and they matched the Maxx side by side on each website I went to. I didn't really care for the look and feel of the GNex but everyone has their own opinion.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Screen Rotate Bug? - RAZR Maxx
    By EXCellR8 in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 07-24-2012, 07:20 PM
  2. Droid Razr Maxx screen damage?
    By jtyoung0826 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-30-2012, 11:56 PM
  3. Razr Maxx Dark / DIM Screen ?
    By jntdroid in forum Droid RAZR MAXX
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-18-2012, 07:26 AM
  4. Razr Maxx Dark / DIM Screen ?
    By jntdroid in forum Droid RAZR Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-18-2012, 07:26 AM
  5. Screen Shot onthe razr maxx???
    By DarthKinetic in forum Droid RAZR MAXX
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-23-2012, 10:10 AM

Search tags for this page

display power saver droid razr
,

droid razr maxx display quality

,
droid razr maxx screen quality
,
droid razr screen quality
,

razr maxx black spots

,

razr maxx display quality

,

razr maxx screen

,

razr maxx screen quality

,
razr maxx yellow tint
,

screen capture razr maxx

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+