DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: RAZR Maxx screen is a bummer....

1. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    Ahhh one of these threads again....lol

Agree with you bsweetness on alot of what you posted. I had the RAZR, G Nex and Rezound at one point. I have the RAZR and Rezound now, still have my Droid X1. What I can say about each screen: each has pros n cons. EVERY ONE is better in a couple of areas than the other....but no screen is across the board better than all. It just depends on what you prefer the most. This is the way I see it from the phones I had:

Colors, blacks I would give that to the RAZR and G Nex. Even tho the colors are considered more accurate on the Rezound and DX1...I like the pop from Amoled screens now. I didnt before...until I actually tried one...lol.
    Sharpness I give that to the Rezound, DX1. Whichever one of those is the best the G Nex would be 3rd...the RAZR would be last. BUT....thats only at...closer.... than my normal viewing distance. At MY normal viewing distance....they all look so similar its a wash IMO.
    Viewing angles - RAZR and G Nex.
    Outside viewing - RAZR and G Nex.
    Brightness, whites - Rezound or DX1 , RAZR, G Nex in that order. My RAZR was brighter, whiter, had less blue tint than my G Nex.

IMO....there is no hands down best screen, no screen is waaaay better than another. I'm not talking about specs...I'm talking about real world use. If any phone I had was supposed to have a hands down better screen than my RAZR and I didnt see it thru my eyes ....there needs to be more quality control on all these phones. Viewing angles and outdoor viewing goes hand in hand when trying to tilt the phone to avoid sunlight. And I keep hearing the Bionic has probably the best screen for viewing outdoors right now.

Of course...all this is just my opinion.
    Last edited by jroc; 04-08-2012 at 04:51 PM.
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

MLK, Jr.
  2. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    675 times
    Twitter
    @smalltownlife13
    Phone
    Note2, Maxx HD, S3, Nexus
    Premium Member
    I have my Maxx set on full bright and love the screen - very vivid and no issues with pixelation...I also own a gNex and already confirmed in this thread, it too has a nice screen but I like my Maxx better. This is my preference & opinion of course...it seems as with every phone it is a love / hate relationship and you just have to find something that works for you ...
    jroc and electricman58 like this.
    **Be yourself - Everyone else is already taken**

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Ever watched a video on the nexus?

You watch a 720p YouTube video on an actual 720p screen. I haven't seen anything that looks better than this nexus and I played around with the rezound too.

LED>LCD.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Something weird I noticed today... When I'm on the Google browser page it looks all dull and washed out. When I hit back or home to exit the browser the screen pops bright like it should be If I could get it to that brightness I would probably keep the phone. Guess I will go by the VZW store tomorrow and have them check it out.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Phone
    RazrMaxx/Droid1(retired)/dinc2
    Wow, did you guys not do a hands on testing before purchase?

----posted maxx'ed out----

new server if any of my links are dead notify me, I got new links!
  6. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1415 times
    Phone
    DROID ULTRA MAXX
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleX View Post
    Something weird I noticed today... When I'm on the Google browser page it looks all dull and washed out. When I hit back or home to exit the browser the screen pops bright like it should be If I could get it to that brightness I would probably keep the phone. Guess I will go by the VZW store tomorrow and have them check it out.
    My maxx does this too. I have the screen brightness set as dim as possible for extended battery life, but on certain web pages like your situation, it will brighten. Idk what the deal is. It should be interesting to to see what it might be.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
    FEEL THE POWER OF DROID!!!
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by thaDroidz View Post
    Wow, did you guys not do a hands on testing before purchase?

----posted maxx'ed out----

You make that sound easy for a phone that most stores can't even get in stock much less have one to show people
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    You make that sound easy for a phone that most stores can't even get in stock much less have one to show people
    Most corp stores have a display model so people can try it out. Also it did take a little getting used to the screen comming off of the thunderbolt but using the razr maxx in sunlight was much better than the thunderbolt and any other smartphone that i have owned. Movies show just as good on my maxx than other phones that i have owned.
  9. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    209 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    I love these display quality debate threads. It always makes me laugh when folks try and argue over something that is so subjective. This is a subject that cannot be debated, because what looks good to one person may look like crap to another.

Bob - "Hey you have a RAZR? The screen on those is crap!"
    Jim - "Well, I happen to LIKE my RAZR's screen. I think it looks great."
    Bob - "No, trust me, it looks like crap."
    jroc, jntdroid and justin82 like this.
  10. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    Are you using the stock browser? If so try this:

Open the browser. Hit the Settings key. Hit More. Hit Settings. Scroll all the way down til you see Enable Battery Saving Mode. See if the box is checked. If it is uncheck it, back out or exit the browser and see if that helps.

Thats assuming you are using the stock browser.
    William_04_x likes this.
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

MLK, Jr.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Links