DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Incompatible App?

Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Incompatible App?

I've used Shake to Answer by Murat Yener for two years on my Droid X and had no problems with it. I recently upgraded to a Razr Maxx and installed it on that phone. I was having two serious problems recently:
    1) when talking on the phone, the Mute and Speaker would spontaneously activate and could not be turned off.
    2) the Voice Command would also spontaneously ask me to say a command, and it was very difficult to turn it off. I did a factory reset to try to fix these problems, but only removing Shake to Answer did the trick! It's only been a day without these problems, but thought you Maxxers might want to be aware of this. Anyone else having these issues?

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    Phone
    Droid X2
    I've never used that app, but there are several apps in the Market that do the same thing perhaps one of them will work for you.
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnytheK View Post
    I've never used that app, but there are several apps in the Market that do the same thing perhaps one of them will work for you.
    Do you use any of them?
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    259 times
    Phone
    Verizon Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by sculptedstylus View Post
    I've used Shake to Answer by Murat Yener for two years on my Droid X and had no problems with it. I recently upgraded to a Razr Maxx and installed it on that phone. I was having two serious problems recently:
    1) when talking on the phone, the Mute and Speaker would spontaneously activate and could not be turned off.
    2) the Voice Command would also spontaneously ask me to say a command, and it was very difficult to turn it off. I did a factory reset to try to fix these problems, but only removing Shake to Answer did the trick! It's only been a day without these problems, but thought you Maxxers might want to be aware of this. Anyone else having these issues?
    I don't use anything for this so I have no personal experience. But looking at Google Play it does say it's compatible with my non-Maxx Razr so it should be with your Maxx as well. Their website looks pretty useless as far as support (no manual, faq, support forum) but I'm wondering if you've tried emailing the developer. Perhaps there's a bug they are not aware of?

Alternatively, I noticed Just Shake Free has 4,870 4 star ratings and Shake Call has 1,960 - compared to only 232 for Shake to Answer. They might be worth "a shake."
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by SallyC View Post
    I don't use anything for this so I have no personal experience. But looking at Google Play it does say it's compatible with my non-Maxx Razr so it should be with your Maxx as well. Their website looks pretty useless as far as support (no manual, faq, support forum) but I'm wondering if you've tried emailing the developer. Perhaps there's a bug they are not aware of?

Alternatively, I noticed Just Shake Free has 4,870 4 star ratings and Shake Call has 1,960 - compared to only 232 for Shake to Answer. They might be worth "a shake."
    Yes, I have contacted the developer. He promptly responded saying he did get similar complaint from Razr Maxx users. He actually offered to send me a specially configured version to send him info to try to find the problem. I'm afraid that I declined, it was such a hassle to find the problem app, I was just tired of messing with it! I checked out Just Shake, so far, so good, thanks Sally, I really got addicted to shaking to phone to answer!
    Last edited by sculptedstylus; 03-26-2012 at 10:56 AM.
    Member #
    Phone

Postscrip

Quote Originally Posted by sculptedstylus View Post
    Yes, I have contacted the developer. He promptly responded saying he did get similar complaint from Razr Maxx users. He actually offered to send me a specially configured version to send him info to try to find the problem. I'm afraid that I declined, it was such a hassle to find the problem app, I was just tired of messing with it! I checked out Just Shake, so far, so good, thanks Sally, I really got addicted to shaking to phone to answer!
    Thought I would add this folow-up post to this thread! I installed Just Shake to replace Shake to Answer, and it worked great, but finally uninstalled it because it "Just" used too much battery. I've ended up living without the "shake."

Links