DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need opinions on whether or not to buy case or screen protector

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    83 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    To the Op. I believe it is a matter of respect to your Parents, yourself and your posessions to take care of what does not come easily.
    Your crisis of measure is slightly unrealistic (I hope) dragging it across gravel etc. perhaps just a phrase.
    The OtterBox Commuter is relatively inexpensive (Amazon approx. $22) it will protect the phone while maintaining approximately the same size and shape. It comes with a screen protector and it works well with no degradation of functionality.
    An added bonus is the Commuter actually makes the buttons easier to actuate.
    So, you will get a fair share of those who will tell you "Case, screen protector - don't bother". They however did not buy you the phone and I frankly doubt they will offer to replace your phone after the self-admitted inevitable "Drop".
    Case - Yes
    Screen cover- Yes
    Piece of mind - Priceless
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    117 times
    Phone
    MaxxHD
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSS View Post
    To the Op. I believe it is a matter of respect to your Parents, yourself and your posessions to take care of what does not come easily.
    Your crisis of measure is slightly unrealistic (I hope) dragging it across gravel etc. perhaps just a phrase.
    The OtterBox Commuter is relatively inexpensive (Amazon approx. $22) it will protect the phone while maintaining approximately the same size and shape. It comes with a screen protector and it works well with no degradation of functionality.
    An added bonus is the Commuter actually makes the buttons easier to actuate.
    So, you will get a fair share of those who will tell you "Case, screen protector - don't bother". They however did not buy you the phone and I frankly doubt they will offer to replace your phone after the self-admitted inevitable "Drop".
    Case - Yes
    Screen cover- Yes
    Piece of mind - Priceless
    HOW DARE YOU!
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Phone
    Razr MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangerhgm View Post
    Does the Diz TPU have the protruding Power, Vol up/down button covers like the otterbox or are there just cut outs in the case for the buttons?

They're cut outs :-)
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Razr MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesars

I have the defender and the diztronic tpu, I keep swapping them because I can't decide what works best for a daily basis lol. Anyway, the tpu is an awesome thinner case :-)
    I'm leaning toward the clear coat only because I like the design of the phone. The kevlar back has a clean design and the phone itself is nice to look at without the extra-colors...The local mall here has a kiosk where they apply it to your phone while you wait. I'm really leaning towards this option.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Twitter
    hynderson
    Phone
    ~*~MAXX~*~
    Say all you guys want about the "Quality of the Gorilla glass" for not scratching and all. I thought this too until I got a deep centimeter long scratch in it and having no idea to explain how it got there. Screen protectors suck compare to naked but scratches are much much worse.
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by hynderson View Post
    Say all you guys want about the "Quality of the Gorilla glass" for not scratching and all. I thought this too until I got a deep centimeter long scratch in it and having no idea to explain how it got there. Screen protectors suck compare to naked but scratches are much much worse.
    I loved the look of my phone without the case. I thought I did not need a screen protector because of the gorilla glass. I dropped my phone about 4 feet on my driveway. I ended up with a scratch across the entire width of the screen. It looks like it hit something and chipped something on the surface and then went right across the second layer.
    Live and Learn
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Phone
    Razr MAXX
    I use the zagg personally, i think 94 uses a military shield or something? I know people don't like the grip of the zagg (even though i can't even tell it's on), i think 94s option is smooth. Basically you can get screen protection and never know that it's actually on. People can defend gorilla glass till death, the bottom line is...it scratches, and in most cases it scratches easily.

Googorola MAXX
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    83 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by jtc303 View Post
    HOW DARE YOU!
    I know, I'm a "Boldie"
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links