DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: The Maxx is THE best phone I've ever owned

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

The Maxx is THE best phone I've ever owned

First time post in this forum and I'd thought I'd start by saying that the Razr Maxx is by far, the best phone I've owned to date.

Let's step back a few years to when I had a LG ENVY and jumped ship to iPhone on AT&T. The iPhone, although great, wasn't life changing and in all reality, I hated the limits Apple placed on what could and couldn't be used.

Then the Thunderbolt was released and since it was the first 4G LTE phone with Qualcomm's chip, I bought it on the first day. That was the biggest mistake that I've ever made and HTC is a bad word in my home and workplace. The battery life is and was the single biggest issue with that phone and I refused to buy an extended battery that made the phone such an eyesore.

Now the Maxx comes along and I've been in pure bliss since the day I bought it (3 weeks ago). Although it's a very durable phone, the first thing that I did was encase it in an Otter Box (Defender) as I want the phone to remain in pristine condition. And once I enabled smart actions and made a few other tweaks, I consistently get 24 hrs per charge; and that's not even down to 20%.

My goal with a few more tweaks to the apps that I use and how I use it, is to get 48 hours from a single charge.
    DocsDad, weatherlover1 and BillyT like this.

3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gregsimmons View Post
    First time post in this forum and I'd thought I'd start by saying that the Razr Maxx is by far, the best phone I've owned to date.

Let's step back a few years to when I had a LG ENVY and jumped ship to iPhone on AT&T. The iPhone, although great, wasn't life changing and in all reality, I hated the limits Apple placed on what could and couldn't be used.

Then the Thunderbolt was released and since it was the first 4G LTE phone with Qualcomm's chip, I bought it on the first day. That was the biggest mistake that I've ever made and HTC is a bad word in my home and workplace. The battery life is and was the single biggest issue with that phone and I refused to buy an extended battery that made the phone such an eyesore.

Now the Maxx comes along and I've been in pure bliss since the day I bought it (3 weeks ago). Although it's a very durable phone, the first thing that I did was encase it in an Otter Box (Defender) as I want the phone to remain in pristine condition. And once I enabled smart actions and made a few other tweaks, I consistently get 24 hrs per charge; and that's not even down to 20%.

My goal with a few more tweaks to the apps that I use and how I use it, is to get 48 hours from a single charge.
    This is great news. I believe the MAXX will go down in history as a true game-changer for smart phones (along with its baby brother, the RAZR). One thing I would like to suggest...if you didn't do a full charge to 100% with the power off initially, I would recommend you do so now. Running the phone without charging to 100% with the power off every so often (every 3-4 months), will cause it to lose track of the actual capacity of the battery which declines slowly over time. This coupled with placing it on charger without allowing it to dip into the low battery warning area (below 15%), will make matters worse.

It is recommended by the manufacturer when you purchase the phone that you fully charge the battery with the power off initially, but the greater percentage of people will skip that all important step. This starts off everything on the wrong foot. The good thing is you can still resolve it by doing so now.

Charging to 100% with power off sets the max capacity flag at the maximum capacity of the battery. Then using it to the low battery warning sets the minimum capacity flag. By having those two thresholds the battery's charging system knows what the true capacity of the battery is and your meter will be far more accurate going forward.

To restore accuracy, first charge to 100% with the power off (power phone off first, then plug in charger and allow it to charge 5-6 hours)
    Next, use the phone normally until the Low battery warning appears on the screen at 15%.
    Then power off and place back on the charger again for another 100% capacity charge with power off.

Now you're ready to rumble! Repeat this every 3-4 months and you'll never have any concerns for battery life.

"Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    FoxKat I never followed these steps with my battery and I've had my phone for a month and half. Do you still recommend doing this now?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Phone
    RAZR MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by cece5702 View Post
    FoxKat I never followed these steps with my battery and I've had my phone for a month and half. Do you still recommend doing this now?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX
    What do you think he is going to say? Yes!! Can you tell I read way to many of his posts.

On a side note I was going to try to get down to 15% and charge it up tonight while off..... HA! I have been using this thing a lot today games out using 3g surfing the web and I am still at 51% at 10pm. Beast I say!!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
    Loving the RAZR MAXX

Past phones
    Droid X Rooted and Romed
    Droid Charge Rooted
    Member #
    Twitter
    707BellyDancer
    Phone
    Motorola Razr Maxx
    I got my Razr Maxx last night upgraded from my OG Razr, which I loved except for the battery life. Hate being a slave to the charger. I did what I read on here charged it turn off to 100%, Today all day been loading my apps back up Tweeting, Facebooking, playing games first used I got 4 hours and 19 minutes I am not judging it on that cuz I was just installing all day.

How I am back up at 100% ready to give this baby a spin.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Glad you are happy with it. Love the Maxx but beware of the external speaker issue. Not everyone has it but a good number of people do including myself. Luckily I'm still within my 14 day period so they are sending me a new replacement. I have been happy with this phone and its battery life. I use the smart actions and the 1 day and 4-16 hours life is perfect for me. I usually root but this phone has not had memory usage issues and I hide the bloat so I don't see it in the app drawer. I'm hesitant to root since a battery pull isn't an option with the Maxx.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
  8. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGibbins View Post
    Glad you are happy with it. Love the Maxx but beware of the external speaker issue. Not everyone has it but a good number of people do including myself. Luckily I'm still within my 14 day period so they are sending me a new replacement. I have been happy with this phone and its battery life. I use the smart actions and the 1 day and 4-16 hours life is perfect for me. I usually root but this phone has not had memory usage issues and I hide the bloat so I don't see it in the app drawer. I'm hesitant to root since a battery pull isn't an option with the Maxx.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    Battery pull is accomplished by pressing and holding the power button and volume down button at the same time, holding both for about 8 to 10 seconds.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

"Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    I like my bionic a lot but I'll admit I'm definitely jealous of maxx owners!! In my expertly expert opinion, it is the best phone on the market right now, despite lacking 4.0.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    I am super happy with my razr. I really think Motorola has been hitting home with this phone. The only thing I wish was different was the screen, 4.6 and more pixels and I'd be in heaven.

I haven't had issues with my razrs battery really much at all, but I wouldn't turn down a razrmaxx if given one either.

These phones are quick and snappy. Its the only phone I have run stock because I haven't been able to find a flaw with the factory software. Once you root and debloat, and run an alternate launcher (not necessary) its probably the snappiest phone on the market aside from maybe a gs2. Hell, its more lag free than my nexus and the gpu seems to run a lot smoother with games and emulators. (N64oid at a a
    steady 50-60 fps )

All in all very happy and surprisingly impressed with Motorola.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  11. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    There is no doubt that the maxx is a very good smart phone but still i love my Atrix,because my belief is old is gold.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links