DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Beware Killer Screen Protectors

  1. sculptedstylus's Avatar
    Member #
    161097
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    59
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #1

    Beware Killer Screen Protectors

    Had an interested experience yesterday that I am going to share with Razr Maxx users, as a warning when choosing a screen protector. I bought mine at a Verizon store in the Mall in Kennesaw, Georgia. It was a Professional ScreenGuard made for the Razr. I was told that it would also fit the Maxx. The next day I found that I could hear my callers fine, but the person I was trying to talk to couldn't hear me! I called Verizon tech support, they told me to take my phone to a Verizon store, it was probably a defective speaker. When I took it to the Verizon store, the first thing they asked was where I bought the screen protector. I found that this "killer screen protector" was, in fact, covering (killing) the microphone! The mic is a hole located in the lower left of the glass, so if you buy a screen protector for your Maxx, make sure there is a hole or slot that allows the mic hole to be clear.
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Premium Member
    hookbill's Avatar
    Member #
    10332
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    N.E. Ohio
    Posts
    19,575
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    #2
    I don't think the average person needs a screen protector. Glass is hard to scratch, I don't care what anybody says.

    I've never used a screen protector on any touch screen phone I've had and never got a scratch on the screen. Is it impossible? No. But I think the odds of it happening are very slim.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  4. Master Droid
    Trash Can's Avatar
    Member #
    81608
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    349
    Liked
    85 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    I don't think the average person needs a screen protector. Glass is hard to scratch, I don't care what anybody says.

    I've never used a screen protector on any touch screen phone I've had and never got a scratch on the screen. Is it impossible? No. But I think the odds of it happening are very slim.
    People generally fall into two categories - those who have and those who will.

    I can't stand fingerprints, smudges, etc. that come along with screen protectors, but I'd much rather deal with those than a scratched screen that never goes away. It only needs to happen once to ruin your day. As always, YMMV.
  5. Premium Member
    hookbill's Avatar
    Member #
    10332
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    N.E. Ohio
    Posts
    19,575
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    #4
    Apologies OP, I didn't mean to take your thread off topic. Thanks for mentioning the blocked microphone.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  6. sculptedstylus's Avatar
    Member #
    161097
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    59
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    Apologies OP, I didn't mean to take your thread off topic. Thanks for mentioning the blocked microphone.
    Well, you certainly practice what you preach (in your signature: "Please be respectful.")! Honestly, I like having a screen protector on my devices more for there anti-glare/fingerprint properties, than fear of scratching.
  7. Master Droid
    cece5702's Avatar
    Member #
    163633
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    891
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by sculptedstylus View Post
    Had an interested experience yesterday that I am going to share with Razr Maxx users, as a warning when choosing a screen protector. I bought mine at a Verizon store in the Mall in Kennesaw, Georgia. It was a Professional ScreenGuard made for the Razr. I was told that it would also fit the Maxx. The next day I found that I could hear my callers fine, but the person I was trying to talk to couldn't hear me! I called Verizon tech support, they told me to take my phone to a Verizon store, it was probably a defective speaker. When I took it to the Verizon store, the first thing they asked was where I bought the screen protector. I found that this "killer screen protector" was, in fact, covering (killing) the microphone! The mic is a hole located in the lower left of the glass, so if you buy a screen protector for your Maxx, make sure there is a hole or slot that allows the mic hole to be clear.
    Thanks for the tip! I noticed mine is covered up! Must fix that.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX
  8. sculptedstylus's Avatar
    Member #
    161097
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    59
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by cece5702 View Post
    Thanks for the tip! I noticed mine is covered up! Must fix that.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX
    Curious, can you be heard with it covered, I couldn't! It's an easy fix, just cut out a slot with an xacto knife or cut it out with a scissor.
  9. Master Droid
    cece5702's Avatar
    Member #
    163633
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    891
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by sculptedstylus View Post
    Curious, can you be heard with it covered, I couldn't! It's an easy fix, just cut out a slot with an xacto knife or cut it out with a scissor.
    I didn't have any issues with people hearing me before but I still fixed it just in case.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Screen Protectors
    By cece5702 in forum Droid RAZR MAXX
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 02-24-2012, 02:00 PM
  2. Screen protectors
    By ziggbear in forum Droid 3 Accessories
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 09-15-2011, 09:20 PM
  3. Do Screen Protectors Affect Touch Screen Sensativity?
    By DroidSI in forum Droid 2 Accessories
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 09-07-2011, 07:41 AM
  4. Screen protectors?
    By kookk in forum HTC ThunderBolt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-29-2011, 08:48 PM
  5. 50% Off Stealth Guard Protectors - full body and screen protectors
    By wrightperspective in forum Android Accessories
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-12-2010, 07:00 PM

Search tags for this page

can i take screen protector off my droid

,

droid razr maxx people cant hear me

,

droid razr screen protector mic

,

how to print screen on droid razr maxx

,

print from razr maxx

,
razr maxx hd rear microphone location
,
small hole at bottom of droid
,
what is the hole in the razor droid
,

what is the little hole on the bottom of droid razr maxx

,

what is the little hole on the bottom of the droid razr

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+